Why is Walmart still popular in this era of online shopping

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Cause the income for the average American is going down and they gotta get cheap priced products to survive since most of the high paying jobs been taken away from the Great Recession and automation.

Daps
Because Walmart destroyed all of its brick and motor competition 20 years ago. They basically formed a Voltron in every city in the United States.

Also its basically the same price of Amazon and there's bad bytches

tenor.gif

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Breh in 2018, are there still regular Walmarts (or regular Targets) that exist? I can't remember the last time I've been to a Walmart that wasn't a Supercenter or a Walmart Neighborhood Grocery store. Same with Target.

Reading your post makes me realize why Amazon bought Whole Foods.
yup that's why i said in 5 years without grocery.. see the problem with walmart vs amazon if they had no food, would be the store. the prices at walmart are damn near what you'll find on amazon. but walmart has to pay to run all those stores while amazon is simply paying select large warehouses.

without the food, you'd have target, toys r us, cvs, giant, kohls, etc, all competing with them.. that's the reason they jumped on food.. then target saw it followed... then whole foods came out... so now we have walmart grocery

but like you said.. you don't see them building new stores without the grocery part... that's the whole key to get your ass in the store in the first place