Will there be a period of mass emigration from the US in the coming decades?

Will there be a period of mass emigration from the US in the coming decades?

• Total voters

JadeB

la force de l'avenir
Daps
Based off this reddit comment that I saw on the Mexico City expat article that went viral:

I'm in the USA but quite close to Mexico culturally and geographically.

I'm not defending one side or the other. I do think it's revealing, though, to consider why many people are moving from the USA: life here is getting objectively worse. A lot of people are moving in a panic. They can't afford a house in many major cities on their $75,000/year salary, but a nice apartment in CDMX with all the great things that it has to offer is within reach. The US is so polarized as to feel like it's on the cusp of a new Civil War, so people here are no longer talking about "political instability" in Mexico the way they used to. Inflation is hitting Mexico, but many parts of the US are getting hit even harder with negative cash flow. With rents rising and jobs becoming more demanding, leaving seems like the best way to save and retire.

Again, I'm not defending one side or the other. I understand that gentrifying has negative consequences (it priced me out of the housing market), and I understand that mass migration, particularly without great taxation, can have a negative effect on the most vulnerable. I just hope that you can all see that this isn't just a case of gringos wanting to live like kings and noticing that they can go to CDMX. It's being treated like a problem of digital nomads, but they're just the lucky ones who can leave easily. I think it's honestly the beginning of a wave of emigration from a country that is falling in the HDI, where wages are rising but purchasing power is falling, where political tensions are high, and where violence and corruption are increasingly widespread. People just want out.

Think what's he saying is true?

PCHMalibu

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Malibu
This pisses me off. By the time "we" catch up to the wave it's overpriced. On this board alone, brehs were clowning MX and NEVER been. Get those passports brehs if you don't have one already. At least give yourself an option to leave if that's what you want.

JadeB

la force de l'avenir
Daps
This pisses me off. By the time "we" catch up to the wave it's overpriced. On this board alone, brehs were clowning MX and NEVER been. Get those passports brehs if you don't have one already. At least give yourself an option to leave if that's what you want.
"We ain't a bunch of cowards that bounce from our homeland at the first sign of trouble" :troll:

PCHMalibu

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Malibu
"We ain't a bunch of cowards that bounce from our homeland at the first sign of trouble" :troll:
What's cowardly about repatriation? Plenty of our ancestors moved abroad. Your response may work on someone else but not me.

JadeB

la force de l'avenir
Daps
What's cowardly about repatriation? Plenty of our ancestors moved abroad. Your response may work on someone else but not me.
I agree with you lol. I'm just making fun of the Coli brehs who disapprove moving to another country and even in some cases within the country