"Wrestling Fans" Need To Blame Themselves For The State Of The Industry

Daps
Dixie Carter screwed tna over by bringing in hulk hogan and his :flabbynsick: friends tryna recreate the Monday night wars.

Then she low balled Aj Styles who was basically the face of that company and he left to bigger and better things.

Now look at them. They rarely tour, they're on some obscure channel and they're still shacked up in that dry ass impact zone.:dame:

I support lucha underground for doing their thing as well as njpw and roh:salute:

I've supported Tna long enough. They can kick rocks:camby:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
It's a shame this thread is about TNA because I do actually feel in some ways wrestling fans are to blame for the state of the industry, but I guess we might have to save that one for a different thread.

not just about TNA.

my initial post was mainly about TNA because it was meant for another thread.

but this thread isn't just about TNA, so say what you were about to say.

Hoss

Legalize us.
Daps
Reppin
The North
I definitely believe that there are too many "fans" who automatically shyt on anything that isn't WWE-related, and that's a shame because WWE is badly in need of competition.

But there are also plenty of fans who would support the competitor. The main reason TNA is in such bad shape is because TNA management has been horrible for years. If they had built a good and unique product, the support could easily have been there.

NotAnFBIagent

[redacted]
Daps
The people in charge of wwe putting out trash are to blame for the state of industry. WWE is synonymous with wrestling for the mainstream and it would take something massive to change that not just hardcore fans supporting a competitors

Wwe has been losing fans and money for years now and Vince still continues to do whatever tf he wants with the product. If hurting his pockets won't get him to put out a better product the nothing will

True Blue Moon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
VA. Living in the City of Angels
New Japan gave us Nakamura and Bullet Club, two of the hottest things in wrestling right now and in recent memory and elevated Styles to another stratosphere after he left TNA. And those motherfukkers don't speak English and don't have a TV deal that lets people keep up with the current product. TNA has done some dope things but had a lot of blunders. No excuses :manny:

mrken12

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
It's a shame this thread is about TNA because I do actually feel in some ways wrestling fans are to blame for the state of the industry, but I guess we might have to save that one for a different thread.

Vince doesn't listen to the fans. The video I posted earlier shows that Dixie doesn't either. How are fans to blame for the state of the business? Especially when fans are more critical now than ever before?

@Wacky D is right most people aren't wrestling fans, they're WWE fans

That's not close to being true.

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
:mjpls: This Thread is misleading, but only talking about TNA.
  • Wrestling Fans didn't kill the X-Division
  • Wrestling Fans didn't push TNA into using WWE retreads and put new talent on the back burner
  • Wrestling Fans didn't put the World Title around Jeff Jarrett's fukkboi waist
TNA fukked up itself by its own terms, not the fans.

DocZulu

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I gotta disagree with this. Jim Ross mentioned the importance of recruiting and retaining the next generation wrestler to Vince McMahon yet it wasn't a priority.

It took him a decade and a half for WWE to get their act together. Indeed, the North American wrestling industry was undermined by a number of factors:
  • The demise of ECW and WCW.

• WWE undermining the potential of the brand expansion and split.

• TNA failing to push the next generation of wrestling talent & ideas when they had the opportunity: e.g. Latin American Exchange, AJ Styles, Jay Lethal, Samoa Joe, Christopher Daniels, Ultimate X and the X-Division, etc.

• WWE undermining the potential of their talent pool by running redundant main events (with Big Show, John Cena, Randy Orton & D-generation X) while opting to push limited next generation stars; e.g. the Miz, Sheamus, the Great Khali, Bobby Lashley, Ted Dibiase's son, Curt Henning's son, etc.)
Let me factor in the lack of diversity in the North American wrestling industry. TNA refused to embrace the potential of Latino wrestling gimmick and the Latino audience, and they were afraid to pull the trigger on Black talent.

Ring of Honor has made an admirable attempt, but they are not yet in a position to change the North American wrestling audience.

dexmjc.jpg

Cartier Murphy

Apathy’s a Tragedy & Boredom is a Crime
Daps
I think fans these days are too self loathing. :manny: I've seen it across way too many wrestling forums. Always blaming themselves and others for the follies in the wrestling world. That was one of the biggest reasons I joined this site, to get away from that mindset and for this sub section. Knowledgeable community with enough fukkery to keep it fun. I do think there's definitely a sect of fans out there who are harmful to the industry but I don't think as bad as some think and nowhere near that influential. Definitely not in TNA's case. They have/had some of the most diehard wrestling fans I've ever seen but have always had trouble expanding their audience because of poor management leading to bad TV more often than that.

DocZulu

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is not true.

The WWE is similar to EA Sports. As long as they have the NFL license, no competitor can step in to make another NFL game.

So, regardless of what you think of Madden's quality, a masses will play it.

Historically the WWE, just like Madden, has faced significant competition.

With respect to the 'E, they positioned itself as the sanitized version of what took place in the South. They did so while garnering a majority of media attention and gate,

Yet the wrestling audience has always proved dynamic enough to challenge the 'E. The wrestling audience has always included casual fans, brand committed fans, and fans committed to authentic wrestling competition.

In the absence of something good, the remaining audience will watch their programming. And that is why WWE is garnering poor ratings.

Monday Night Raw from earlier this week: 2.66 rating. That compares with the worst ratings of Monday Nitro.

@Wacky D is right most people aren't wrestling fans, they're WWE fans :yeshrug:

They would never support a company that was even a potential threat to the WWE.