"Wrestling Fans" Need To Blame Themselves For The State Of The Industry

Cartier Murphy

Apathy’s a Tragedy & Boredom is a Crime
Daps
Examples?

I can't name any off hand on this site specifically, and I know it seems like a copout but I've seen it on other communities I've been on. 411mania's comment section was a place I frequented alot before I stopped going on there because of how negative it got.

mrken12

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
I can't name any off hand on this site specifically, and I know it seems like a copout but I've seen it on other communities I've been on. 411mania's comment section was a place I frequented alot before I stopped going on there because of how negative it got.
Honestly I can't even think of a hypothetical situation where fans would blame themselves for something bad happening in wrestling.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
State of the industry is fine IMO minus TNA.

WM just did crazy all time records again, NXT has become a global touring brand in very little time, ROH is as big as ever and still expanding, NJPW World makes the New Japan product much more accessible than in the past, not to mention the WWE Network and all the wrestling greatness on it. PWG, and Evolve are getting hotter by the day, Tommy Dreamer's HOH is drawing good numbers when they tour as well.

mrken12

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
Wait...so this isn't a work? This wasn't on-air fukkery? This is real?

:laff:

100% real. A bunch of people even asked for their release after the meeting and called her bluff but she denied them their releases. This was the beginning of the end for the company.

:mjpls: This Thread is misleading, but only talking about TNA.
  • Wrestling Fans didn't kill the X-Division
  • Wrestling Fans didn't push TNA into using WWE retreads and put new talent on the back burner
  • Wrestling Fans didn't put the World Title around Jeff Jarrett's fukkboi waist
TNA fukked up itself by its own terms, not the fans.

OP doesn't give a fukk about the rest of the business. He's just mad that TNA dropped the ball and how that idiot Dixie Carter is running the company into the ground.

As @Silkk stated, many other promotions are building a solid foundation. TNA is one of the few ones that is declining and they only have themselves to blame. Wrestling fans have no problem with supporting non-WWE promotions.

Last edited:

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
I didn't watch wrestling consistently during TNA'S prime in the mid 2000's to late 2000's but I have gone back and watched matches during that time on youtube and daily motion and they did have a product that was just as good as the WWE. They had a good mix of originals like Styles, Samoa Joe, Roode, Christopher Daniels, etc along with vets like Sting, Jarrett, Angle, etc. The problem they had was trying to compete with the WWE when they weren't ready and bringing in people who killed WCW such as Russo, Bischoff, and Hogan.

If they would have just focused on putting on a quality product they wouldn't be where they are now. Something is wrong when all your most popular original stars like Styles, Joe, Ares, and now Roode that were under contract less than 2-3 years ago are all now thriving in the WWE. I wanted Styles to remain in Japan and the indies and possibly return to TNA up until I saw him walk out on stage at Wrestlemania 32 in front of 90,000 plus people. Dude was loyal to Dixie and got bs around but now he's wrestling in front of thousands of people every week and is wrestling for the championship less than four months of being with the company. I'm happy for Styles :mjcry:

Osmosis

Superstar
Daps
He really doesn't. :comeon: His points are garbage.
A lot of people are WWE fans before wrestling fans.. Maybe not people on this board but those people do exist. And i'm not only talking about the casuals or children.

There's a reason why people act like AJ Styles finally matters now that he's in the WWE when he's done great stuff throughout his career in TNA and New Japan. Yeah WWE is bigger than both companies so it is an accomplishment but that shouldn't diminish what he's done prior.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Vince doesn't listen to the fans. The video I posted earlier shows that Dixie doesn't either. How are fans to blame for the state of the business? Especially when fans are more critical now than ever before?

That's actually one of the biggest problems in how they hurt the industry, because they're not necessarily more critical, they have just developed an asinine entitlement and obsession with controlling the product. You can blame booking and creative and whatnot, but let's look at the reception of everybody's favorite wrestler, Roman.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Roman gets super pops at the '14 Royal Rumble where he broke the record for most eliminations in a single Rumble and fans were going wild for him to win.

Later when they turn on Roman's super push they claim they just cheered him because they didn't want Batista to win, and act like Vince is out of touch despite him pushing the guy all the fans cheered for at the Royal Rumble.

Fans start turning on Roman the second the word gets out that he might just be Vince's new Golden Boy, most infamously at the '15 Royal Rumble.

Fast forward about three quarters of a year and a bunch of boos later and Roman finally wins the title belt, only to lose it to Sheamus immediately, which started the Roman's new chase of the title.

Vince actually comes out of his "retirement" and back to an on-screen role to help get Roman over, which many fans complain was a shameless, uninspired rehash of the famous Stone Cold feud back in the Attitude era. Fans conveniently ignore that ever since they decided to boo Roman, they've been suggesting to turn him heel on some Corporate Rock shyt, which would also be a shameless, uninspired rehash of an Attitude Era storyline but apparently it doesn't count if that's the shameless, uninspired rehash that the fans actually want.

Anyway, Roman wins the title, gets cheered loudly and even receives "You deserve it" chants. This happens in the same city that booed his ass to oblivion earlier that year at the Royal Rumble by the way.

So fans like Roman again and he comes out to pops again until WM season comes around again and he has to defend his title in the Royal Rumble. Realizing this means the wrestler they've been cheering again for a week or two is pretty much guaranteed to headline WM (either as the champ or as the #1 contender), they start hating him again, just because I guess (because they remembered they were supposed to not like him , or because it just took them that long to realize that Roman was heading into the WM main event again).
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Now we can all agree that bad booking decisions have screwed over Roman a lot, but how do you expect creative to do anything other than what they want themselves if the fans can't even stay on the same page for more than a week about what they want? It's damned if you do, damned if you don't and that's just one example of wrestling fans being filled with that asinine self entitlement of believing they should control the product, despite being just as fickle as Vince or Dixie or Trips or Gedo or Jarrett.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
I believe the creation of NXT was a huge blow to the indies. When that olive branch happened, The WWE took away that smark/hardcore indie lover demographic that indy feds cater too.

So what can other feds offer that NXT isn't?
No they didn't. They just gave fans another product to watch.