:wtf: Malaysia Airlines Plane "Vanishes" en Route to Beijing with 239 Aboard

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Search a large enough area and you'll find some vaguely plane-like fuzzy shape. It "could" be the plane, but I bet there's a good chance it will turn out to be something random.

how a whole plane vanish without a trace :dahell:
World is a big place. This happens pretty often actually.

Remember that rugby team that crashed in the Andes? White plane on White snow at high elevation in the middle of nowhere? They were there for ten weeks and the search had been given up, if it hadn't been for the ones that finally hiked out on their own, who knows how many years it would have been before someone found that plane.

Vickers 785D Viscount disappeared off Ecuador in 1976, wasn't found until 1998 when melting glaciers allowed it to become visible. Merpati Nusantara 6715 disappeared in bad weather near Indonesia in 1995 and has never been found. And just two years ago in 2016 an Indian Air Force An-32 disappeared over the Bay of Bengal and hasn't been found. Those were both good-sized planes. EgyptAir flight MS804 was a big passenger plane that disappeared in 2016 and took about four weeks to find.

these airlines are too cheap to lojack their own planes
Modern planes send out their GPS location twice a second, but it can only be received if you're in line-of-sight, and there are places over the ocean or in remote land areas that have no receivers line of sight. And that requires an antennae to send the signal, which is the sort of thing that gets destroyed in a serious crash.

There's also an underwater pinger that sends a sonic signal, but you pretty much need to be in the water or very close to locate it, the signal doesn't travel far in air.

the truth is far more sinister
itsaliens.jpg.CROP.original-original.jpg
:sas1:
:russ:

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
The problem is they have no idea what direction that mad man pilot took them

Don’t track planes because your too cheap

:mindblown:

I’m willing to bet nothing has changed since that incident
If I remember correctly u can turn off the tracking? And that’s what he did, u would think u couldn’t do that but the option is there for safety purposes, like something arching.

Idk I remember doing a lot of research during that time in planes, I was even visiting aviation forums and looking at there thread on the missing plane.

DJ Paul's Arm

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Cali
I remember reading a legit article that locals at Maldives saw the plane fly over the islands. That a US military base was near that vicinity. Conspiracy theorists saying the plane was highjacked by government to use the passengers on the plane for experiments.

:picard:

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
I remember reading a legit article that locals at Maldives saw the plane fly over the islands. That a US military base was near that vicinity. Conspiracy theorists saying the plane was highjacked by government to use the passengers on the plane for experiments.

:picard:
Diego Garcia

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
People love conspiracies but this ain't it. Just too bad they haven't found the wreckage. Maybe never will.
I doubt it will. I think I read something about at the possible depths the wreckage could be at, the pressure can dissolve human remains as well as material objects faster than usual.

I think a few pieces have floated onto beaches here and there. But only small pieces of wreckage. No large parts of the plane.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Pretty well documented the pilot lost his shyt

:beli:
I don’t know if I’m totally sold that the pilot downed it, but I certainly don’t believe any crazy theories like the passengers are still alive because they were flown somewhere for experiments or any crazy shyt like that. I think it was most likely a bad actor (possibly the pilot) or some kind of unusual mechanical failure.