WWE Network Should Have Indy Promotions/National Promotions On It Too

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
I would love to see WWE put some indy promotions on it's network. Hey, UFC puts lower tier promotions on it's Fight Pass Network :shaq: Why can't WWE do the same with AJPW, NOAH, CMLL, and the indy U.S./U.K. feds. It would get more hardcore's too. Plus, it can give those feds a little more exposure.

Vinny Lupton

Superstar
Daps
Everyone except WWE should form their own network together. They won't though because they don't have the cash reserves to survive the transition from DVD sales to network money. But someone with outside money should roll up all the non US companies and Japan into a network

SirReginald

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
Everyone except WWE should form their own network together. They won't though because they don't have the cash reserves to survive the transition from DVD sales to network money. But someone with outside money should roll up all the non US companies and Japan into a network
Well, NJPW does it. However, since WWE has their network I think they should give other lower tier promotions shine. So, the fans can see the indy talent rise. Kinda like they do on UFC Fightpass.

Vinny Lupton

Superstar
Daps
Well, NJPW does it. However, since WWE has their network I think they should give other lower tier promotions shine. So, the fans can see the indy talent rise. Kinda like they do on UFC Fightpass.
Yeah I'm saying, WWE won't do it, so all the US indies and Japan should do it. NJPW's service is trash from what I've heard - they dont even want this gaijin money. No English language menu? Get it together

MrSinnister

Delete account when possible.
Daps
It's not just WWE'S decision, as there's going to have to be some revenue sharing in this kind of deal. Even if the other promotions decide the free exposure is worth it, that position may cause WWE to charge them. They're a completely monopoly right now, so I don't see any of that happening unless they buy/partner with some of the companies not treading water financially.

trick

sleeping
Supporter
Daps
It'd be incredibly easy for them to acquire first-run broadcast rights of any indies, these indies aren't really make that much money out here. But the WWE has an image to uphold and they probably don't want some unpolished indy production on their network. That's why they are doing a tournament with all these indy wrestlers on their own, so they don't have to pay for rights fees and they can book whoever they want.

Vinny Lupton

Superstar
Daps
It'd be incredibly easy for them to acquire first-run broadcast rights of any indies, these indies aren't really make that much money out here. But the WWE has an image to uphold and they probably don't want some unpolished indy production on their network. That's why they are doing a tournament with all these indy wrestlers on their own, so they don't have to pay for rights fees and they can book whoever they want.
Many of the indie companies make more profit off DVD sales than they do off the shows themselves. I've had this told to me directly. They aren't gonna give up that money "for the look"

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils

Simple Money.

Indy money comes from DVD, merch + tickets sales. Having them on WWE network, they will get fukk all money back, meaning they will go out of business due to lack of revenue. why buy a DVD that cost 15-20+ when you you can log on to your pc/tablet/game console/mobile on the network which costs 10

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Technically it would do more to cannibalise the revenue streams of those other promotions than it would help but I also wish WWE was the national promotion that the NWA should have been 35 years ago

SirReginald

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
Simple Money.

Indy money comes from DVD, merch + tickets sales. Having them on WWE network, they will get fukk all money back, meaning they will go out of business due to lack of revenue. why buy a DVD that cost 15-20+ when you you can log on to your pc/tablet/game console/mobile on the network which costs 10
They could do something to work it out :manny: