WWE Network Should Have Indy Promotions/National Promotions On It Too

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Well, they used to refer to UFC as major leagues. That's changing now with Bellator becoming the strong number two. Yes, the WWE doesn't have the best roster, but they are the biggest in North America. That's my point and I don't even like WWE that much. I'm just keeping it real as a guy who loves the indy scene.

the bolded says it all.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Simple Money.

Indy money comes from DVD, merch + tickets sales. Having them on WWE network, they will get fukk all money back, meaning they will go out of business due to lack of revenue. why buy a DVD that cost 15-20+ when you you can log on to your pc/tablet/game console/mobile on the network which costs 10
Wwe don't want to share revenue with their own wrestlers but we suppose to think they gonna want to share with Indy promoters ?

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The WWE roster is good but to say the best is giving them a little bit too much praise.
So what roster is better?
Aj , Finn,Owens , crews , Aries , joe , naka, Rollins , Jericho , zayn , Itami , la sombra Harper , Neville , kalisto and there are more

Last edited:

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Shane McMahon would have done it.
Considering when he was running wwf.com he proposed the idea of having a section which covered Japan and the indies (until it was shot down) he probably would have done it.

mrken12

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
Update On WWE Network Airing UK Indie Promotions - WrestlingInc.com

Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

WWE Chief Financial Officer George Barrios spoke at the Needham Emerging Technology Conference in New York City last month and indicated that the company will be working with UK indie promotions Insane Championship Wrestling and PROGRESS going forward. As we've noted in the past, there are deals in place for both promotions to air on the WWE Network if Vince McMahon gives the OK.

When asked about airing other promotions on the WWE Network, specifically Ring of Honor, Barrios said:
"Yeah, I think there's something there. It's always priority and what once comes first. We recently announced a deal with ICW and Progress, which are wrestling promotions in the UK. So we're thinking about the best way to utilize that content. As you know, we've been fairly active over the years in purchasing wrestling libraries, video libraries, a lot of which now you can see on the network. We think there's a home for that, and it just a matter of priority."

It was reported earlier this year that WWE officials were close to announcing partnerships with ICW and likely other UK indie promotions, which would open the door for North American promotions to sign similar deals. It was noted at the time that Vince had changed his mind several times but the multi-year deals remained on the table. WWE has had minor working relationships with both ICW and PROGRESS over the past year or so. The announcement Barrios is referring to in the comments above could be for the WWE UK tournament or the matches at WrestleMania 33 Axxess that featured ICW and PROGRESS talents but no content partnerships have been announced.

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
Vince would want total control over the product for good reason. I said it in another thread, but wrestling pretty much died once the WWF went public. If they do this, the other promotions wouldn't have the freedom to do whatever they wanted. If they do anything offensive, that action would stick with the WWE & Cokeboy since the offending company would be under the WWE umbrella. It's not worth the liability given the limited payoff for putting it on the Network.

Blessed Koala

Climbing the Pulpit
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama
Can't wait for this if Vince gives it the ok. The announcements will be glorious along with the watered down content.

"Welcome of PROGRESS..........on the WWE Network where you can see Wrestlemania and the Ric Flair collection"

The exact shyt that made me tap out of the UFC Fight Pass subscription. I know its what comes with the territory but gross:scust:.

AKM-95

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Parts Unknown
This going to be interesting for grado I wonder if he's gonna still gonna be booked by ICW if they get on the network sice he's signed to Impact/World of Sport?