XFL salaries revealed. Is it worth it?

THE MACHINE

night owl
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I'm as big a football advocate there is, and if I had the talent level to play in a league, it would be NFL or bust for me. Not sacrificing my body for any semi-pro league.

Works for baseball and basketball, but football is too brutal a sport to only get paid 55k for a semi-pro league.

CTE don't discriminate what league you play in.

I’m hoping this is a year or two thing for undrafted guys.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Dudes out here in Green Bay playing in the IFL for the Green Bay Blizzard for table scraps right across the street from Lambeau. They would kill for 55k, I guarantee that every single one of them tries out for the XFL. Only like 1% of players in that league ever get a callup even to the CFL. Plenty of guys want to play and there are limited spots in good leagues.

Da_Eggman

Can't trust every face you gotta watch em
Daps
Reppin
So-Fla
I’ll play I once scored 4 TDS in ONE game

4334-FA36-B921-48-E7-8-FCF-A57364-ECDF25.jpg

KING WILL

Superstar
Daps
Does that health ins. lasts a full year, or does it run out when the season is over?

$55K for 6 months playing a game you love, plus damn near 1st class treatment (maybe). A full year a health ins, allows you to get a decent job pay job when the season is over might be worth it.

Besides, this is just yr 1. I think they don't wanna overpay cats for this to be a 1 and done like last time. If yr 1 is profitable enough for a 2nd yr, I can see those salaries get bumped up, especially for the stars.

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo
A lot of people aren’t looking at this realistically. If you have serious interests or career opportunities the money obviously isn’t worth it, but that’s only some guys. A lot of football players leave the game without having an education or employable skills, and they end up either back in their neighborhoods doing nothing or working a dead end job that they hate. For those guys this is a godsend. They have a chance to make decent money and improve their chances of making it in the sport.

Aprogressivone

Developers are the new Rockstars
Daps
Reppin
Prince George's, Maryland
Depends a lot on what position and cte potential
Gonna need at least 500k to play rb wr qb LB and safety

DE OL and CB I’d do for 200k

Yahoo is now part of Verizon Media

Quarterbacks are going to get paid way more initially. If this league somehow lasts more than 3 years I can see the rest of the salaries going up. For what it is worth I am going to be supporting the DC Defenders. I can't support the trash that is the Washington Slurs.

The president of the DC Defenders is a brother.
https://www.linkedin.com/in/erik-a-moses-9b06054
wbjbos20170509-35*750xx3600-2025-0-188.jpg

The GM and Head Coach is also a brother.
Pep Hamilton - Wikipedia
ASZCDCXNPFDYTIQQDH65Z7VXVE.jpg

Actually6Foot3

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BKNY
Not enough $ for all the potential CTE

I know nikkas playing semi pro for free..

Exactly. After playing in HS and college for free. Making 55k for a few months playing the game you love with an opportunity to potentially make more in the NFL is great tbh. nikkas spending years getting CTE for free, why not get paid something for it?

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm as big a football advocate there is, and if I had the talent level to play in a league, it would be NFL or bust for me. Not sacrificing my body for any semi-pro league.

Works for baseball and basketball, but football is too brutal a sport to only get paid 55k for a semi-pro league.

CTE don't discriminate what league you play in.
To be fair most of these guys have played FOR FREE for at least 8 years pursuing the NFL. At least now they're getting paid to chase it.