XFL salaries revealed. Is it worth it?

Saint1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CA
For some of these guys it's all they have.

But 55k - taxes is about 44k. :patrice:Depends on their goal. Can they turn that to a coaching job at a college or NFL position later?

Can they make that money and switch career paths?

KillbertArenas

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
PG - Maryland
Get CTE, but make less than a 22 year old data analyst in his first year working brehs :francis:

But in all seriousness, if I was confident in myself, I’d forsure do it. Especially since you can get a NFL contract and make even more after the 55k.

how much u make?

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
If you have NFL aspirations why would you risk potential injury in a league full of desperate execs, desperate players, etc? That's a time situation to get HURT hurt in, and then you're finished for good.

Seems like a better idea would be to keep training, make money on the side somehow (personal trainer, security work, etc) and find you a girlfriend who has a decent job lol.

ChatGPT-4

Superstar
Daps
55k for 4 months to play a sport I love. sign me up. What else would they be doing? Ahem.

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
I'm as big a football advocate there is, and if I had the talent level to play in a league, it would be NFL or bust for me. Not sacrificing my body for any semi-pro league.

Works for baseball and basketball, but football is too brutal a sport to only get paid 55k for a semi-pro league.

CTE don't discriminate what league you play in.
If you get paid, you’re a pro not semi. Thing is it is not nor will ever be the top league of American football.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
do you know how hard it is to make the nfl
most of thse players would be lucky to be a practice squad player and they make like 136k a year

If you have NFL aspirations why would you risk potential injury in a league full of desperate execs, desperate players, etc? That's a time situation to get HURT hurt in, and then you're finished for good.

Seems like a better idea would be to keep training, make money on the side somehow (personal trainer, security work, etc) and find you a girlfriend who has a decent job lol.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

How would any of that other stuff help you get in the NFL?

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
The games will be on Fox, ESPN, ABC and FS1...and it’ll be during a period where it’s the only “real” football on the air.

This is a prime opportunity for dudes who get cut or are on the practice squad to get a better/guaranteed contract...or additional check, really.

So yea, it’s gotta be worth it if you’re in all of their shoes.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
How would any of that other stuff help you get in the NFL?
It wouldn't but most of the guy which will play in the XFL already have NFL tape. Whether it's preseason or regular season tape, these guys are known and waiting for teams to call them in most cases. Sure the XFL gives you an opportunity to have more recent tape for scouts to look at but I still don't think it's worth the risk.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It wouldn't but most of the guy which will play in the XFL already have NFL tape. Whether it's preseason or regular season tape, these guys are known and waiting for teams to call them in most cases. Sure the XFL gives you an opportunity to have more recent tape for scouts to look at but I still don't think it's worth the risk.
Waiting for a team to call you isn't a better strategy than actually playing and potentially impressing NFL teams.