Yahoo ranks every Nas album

Sire366

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Phila
I actually agree and have no problems with almost the whole ranking, other then flip I am and stillmatic.. rolling stone, or whatever publication that has highest paid writers, should offer this one a job

Last edited:

Fortunate Lee

Superstar
Daps
My mans Al Shipley is def on crack with that list

Nobody will argue the first two, but the rest is hilarious

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
alright I finished reading it.

I Am....I am....I am.....I do not like that album why is it so highly rated?

Also the stillmatic disrespect is insane

People love I Am because at the time it was Nas best attempt at fusing the Esco and Nasty personas into one artist.

I think the LORE of I Am and what it was supposed to be have added to the legacy of I am more so than the retail product we got. People love those leaked songs. People love Lost Tapes joints like Papa Was A Player and Fetus and Blaze A 50. These were all supposed to be on I am. Nipsey Hussle was going to do a documentary about it.

I love I Am but its not top 5 in MY opinion

I also sometimes feel the Lost Tapes series shouldn’t “count” amongst rankings because they are compilations but if we’re going to do that LT1 is top 5.

I love that they put KD3 and Magic in the top 3. I think they’re properly ranked. Nastradamus is worse than Nasir to me and still stands as Nas “worse” album. Distant Relatives and Magic 2 are too low in my opinion and i’m not sure how I feel about Gods Son at number 3. But i’m happy with Life Is Good in the top 10.

I think it would make a great case study for how Nas more than likely has the most gracefully aged discography of any rapper who ever lived. I remember Jay-Z fans and the “fukk Nas coalition” absolutely TRASHING It Was Written online in the mid 2000’s. Clinging to the “one was nahh” like it was gospel. It Was Written today is looked at as a bonafide classic. Rolling Stone went from shytting on the album in a 2 star review in 96 to calling it one of the 100 greatest rap albums of all time.

Last edited: