Yahoo ranks every Nas album

NoHalfWay

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
God's son is a top 5 Nas albums to me for personal reasons (the topics mirrored a lot of things I was dealing with at the time and I loved the personal nature of it). But if I was being objective and just judging the work I wouldn't put it top 10.
Well you need to stick with your personal feelings more when judging music lol. Cuz there aren’t 10 Nas projects objectively better than God’s Son

Daps
I'd probably throw out the Firm album, the Ill Will album, and honestly both Lost Tapes joints from the album rankings. It's impossible to compare compilation albums to proper albums as there's so much more thought put into the latter. Also, Magic 3 is too new and Magic 1 is too short. Through those one out. For sake of this exercise, throw out those.

I'd keep Nasir last, but again that's one of those odd 7 track joints that Kanye was obsessed with. Keep it last, but easily can be thrown out.

With that said (from last to best):

Nasir
Nastradamus
Hip Hop is Dead
Untitled
Street's Disciple (good album, at the time, but ding it for being a double album and not as many memorable joints)
Distant Relatives
Magic 2
KD 2
God's Son
KD 3
I Am
Stillmatic
Life is Good
It Was Written
Illmatic

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Wow. I didn't know so many people disliked I Am. Only criticism I undertand is that it wasn't as good as the leak/bootleg. Retail version is still fire to me.

Its got some of Nas greatest material and some of his worst. It starts out STRONG has a couple of ehhhh joints in the middle and finishes strong.

Its also pretty divisive. I had no idea people hated Big Things until i started perusing the internet. I fukks with Big Things. I don’t like Dr Knockboot but fans on the internet REALLY fukk with that joint.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I'd probably throw out the Firm album, the Ill Will album, and honestly both Lost Tapes joints from the album rankings. It's impossible to compare compilation albums to proper albums as there's so much more thought put into the latter. Also, Magic 3 is too new and Magic 1 is too short. Through those one out. For sake of this exercise, throw out those.

I'd keep Nasir last, but again that's one of those odd 7 track joints that Kanye was obsessed with. Keep it last, but easily can be thrown out.

With that said (from last to best):

Nasir
Nastradamus
Hip Hop is Dead
Untitled
Street's Disciple (good album, at the time, but ding it for being a double album and not as many memorable joints)
Distant Relatives
Magic 2
KD 2
God's Son
KD 3
I Am
Stillmatic
Life is Good
It Was Written
Illmatic

How you gonna throw out Magic 1 when its an actual proper studio album and two minutes longer than Nasir?

mr.africa

Veteran
Daps
I could, with the exception of illmatic and stillmatic, argue that I am is the most important nas album.
It's the album that made nas an international household superstar. Up until then nas was big in America and hip hop circles internationally.
Am I wrong?