she's the goofy chick that will drink
with you,tuck the strap when ythe cops
come and beat a bytch ass for you.
nicky was always a pretentious
bytch with delusions of grandeur.
she wanted to be respected as an original
like Kim didnt exist..
I've been saying that Cardi was my favorite
dingbat for years and i'm happy for her.
wat6rr.jpg

3rdWorld

Veteran
Daps
That's the thing, it's like what I mentioned in the Bow Wow thread, it's all about your reputation amongst your peers.

Cardi B just seems like a more positive and energetic person than Nicki Minaj.

The worst thing you can be in the industry is cutthroat. There's a level of confidence, but you want to give off the impression that you're easy to work with and have good intentions for your peers and younger artists. If people will be shady toward you that's cool, don't throw them under the bus unless you need to defend yourself (but don't overdo it). Just keep it moving because if that's how they are then it'll be known anyway (because they'll probably do it again to somebody else) and your reputation won't be tarnished.

But if you keep throwing shade, then no younger stars will want to work with you and the industry thrives on younger stars. That's how many artists who are older stay in the spotlight, they help the younger artists out and the younger artists give them some shine. There's mutual respect.

It's no different than any other job. At the end of the day they, like everybody else, are human and we don't like to work with people who are cutthroat and overly competitive. Rather we like to work with people who will help us get better, are supportive, have good intentions and want to collaborate rather than compete. In other words, those who seek win-win situations for all parties.

This is the thing.

Nicki comes across as totally self centered and capable of using whatever means to hurt a competitor..she's basically the female Suge Knght without all the backup muscle.

TrebleMan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
This is the thing.

Nicki comes across as totally self centered and capable of using whatever means to hurt a competitor..she's basically the female Suge Knght without all the backup muscle.
Exactly.

I should also clarify, when you're younger it's kind of excusable to be a little cutthroat and overconfident, in fact that's part of the appeal.

However, it can't be maintained into a habit the more your career progresses. The earlier an artist gets humble the better chances they have in the long term.

Even Jay-Z started to be more on some "feel the love" rather than trying to maintain the "best rapper alive" image from the Black Album era. People and peers love to see some emotional growth.

Last edited:

3rdWorld

Veteran
Daps
Exactly.

I should also clarify, when you're younger it's kind of excusable to be a little cutthroat and overconfident, in fact that's part of the appeal.

However, it can't be maintained into a habit the more your career progresses. The earlier an artist gets humble the better chances they have in the long term.

Even Jay-Z started to be more on some "I'm loving the energy from all of you" rather than trying to maintain the "best rapper alive" image from the Black Album era. People and peers love to see some emotional growth.

Zero talent Cardi gets by on her bubbly persona alone..she seems approachable, down to earth and warm.
Nicki is a cold ass woman. And no one has time for an entitled and ice cold woman..especially one over 30

Weaver31

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Va
Cardi is the #1 female rapper now and been for a couple years almost. She went the same lanes as Nicki (pop and hip hop), influenced by her style and still being herself and real. I know it has to be killing Nicki at least a lil.

I do wonder if she can have as much longevity as Nicki had. Nicki been on the mainstream since 2009 if not 2008. Can Cardi last for 7-8+ more years? We'll see.

Weaver31

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Va
Zero talent Cardi gets by on her bubbly persona alone..she seems approachable, down to earth and warm.
Nicki is a cold ass woman. And no one has time for an entitled and ice cold woman..especially one over 30
Cardi has some talent....but I think Nicki and the older female rappers like Kim, Eve, etc. has much more. Cardi's level of talent is like Trina but of course Cardi went way further by following Nicki's lanes and being mainstream.

JQ Legend

Veteran
Daps
Ain't gon front I'd be tight as fukk if I was Nicki :pachaha:

Imagine some dumb stripper bytch who doesnt have an artistic bone in her body, who wasnt in the trenches grinding as a rapper/MC completely lap you in accolades and supplants your spot in under 2 years.

I might would have to kill :ehh:

You and everyone who dapped this hating ass mentality :scust:

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
I bet Joseline from love and hiphop tight as fukk too.

Cardi is basically living what she was trying to do back when love and hip hop atlanta was at its peak
This is never did discussed. Cardi did what Joseline tried to do. Hell, Cardi completely lapped Joselines loftiest expectations.