Max Goonberg

Superstar
Daps
Nail in Nicki's coffin. She neverrr getting her spot back...

giphy.gif

Balla

Superstar
Daps
Cardi is also latin and they ride for their artists.

Cardi is the #1 female rapper now and been for a couple years almost. She went the same lanes as Nicki (pop and hip hop), influenced by her style and still being herself and real. I know it has to be killing Nicki at least a lil.

I do wonder if she can have as much longevity as Nicki had. Nicki been on the mainstream since 2009 if not 2008. Can Cardi last for 7-8+ more years? We'll see.

Contrefaire

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
West Coast
Nicki really only has herself to blame. She disrespected and refused to give credit to the female rappers who came before her and shaded or blocked the ones who came after. Kim, Trina, Foxy and Eve, etc were all before her time but she acted like she was the first, best and ONLY female rapper to ever exist.

I understand wanting to be on top and seen as the queen and yes bravado sells initially, but she never knew when to cut the bullshyt and humble herself. She's also known industry wide for having a shytty attitude.

Cardi is winning - literally and figuratively - right now because of her seemingly warm personality, genuine gratitude and humility. I don't like her or her music but whenever she's interviewed or talking to anyone it's clear she's grateful, if not a little (or a lot) overwhelmed and surprised by the fame. She knows and hasn't forgotten she was a bucktooth stripper and an All Star Weekend Backpage special just a few years ago.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Would have been great if she were really creatively involved :scust:

We're the only motherfukkers who would celebrate our erasure. :snoop:
To be fair, she was a stripper. She still has a lot to learn.

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.
How does Cardi win best rap album?

Is the bar in hip hop that low?

Yes. :mjlol:

But I can’t hate on her ... just hope they don’t steal her soul. She still seems to have gratitude and a genuineness. The game will eat you alive once you reach a certain point . Look at what’s happening with T. Haddish.

southern.girl

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Starkset
Would have been great if she were really creatively involved :scust:

We're the only motherfukkers who would celebrate our erasure. :snoop:

Thank you for seeing the bigger picture. People are really out here supporting non black, non talented, non writing, karaoke “rapper” to spite Nicki.

Mind you, non writing Cardi also won over Travis, Nipsey & Pusha. Black male artists got left behind in the whitewash of rap music too but some STILL can’t see it. SMMFH.

:snoop: