You all know a lot of people aren't going back to their jobs right?

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
Figthing borg at Wolf 359
Yeah I went back a few weeks ago. WFH today tho for some reason you right though I don’t think everybody furloughed will come back just because of the virus and the amount of people that can come back in a safe manner

This is beyond just the virus though, they want to make this permanent.

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
My job is adamant about going to the office, they just paid a shyt ton of relo's for people and rented some additional floors right before CV hit. They prefer in person collaboration as a big part of company culture.

But I definitely see it hitting a lot of companies and industries accordingly and not being as fortunate as my company.

I will be going back next month probably though I used to travel a bit for my job so WFH was pretty regular. I don't think this will hit everyone but some companies are going to do their damndest to keep some people away.

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
Maybe me too if I get furloughed:yeshrug: I dodged two bullets so far

I was talking to two different people this week with the same story. My friend that works for a large non-bank service company and a big manufacturing supplier I work with at my job. Both just had brutal layoffs and furloughs and both confided in me the driving force is management sees the company still running with this remote working situation and so they are going to push it to the max to see how few people they can get by with.

It is going farther this time than just laying off folks, since of course corporate America been doing this for a generation. Now they are serious about selling buildings or breaking office leases where possible and getting rid as many assets like company cars, etc. as possible so people don't have to come back to the office on a regular basis. Many management teams are seeing huge productivity improvements in stretching out this new normal after COVID even if business does come back somewhat.

Ironically the service workers at restaurants and stuff may have a more realistic view of how bad their situation than many office folk who see this as a big time to chill. Factory and trade workers aren't being let go as easily though.

Just saying, don't splurge all the unemployment or partial salary you getting now, we are about to get a rude awakening.:francis:
Thanks for letting us know genius. You are so smart . FOH, stop talking down to people, you acting like you breaking news and people don’t know what’s coming.

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin

Less staff overall and keep them remote to eliminate fixed asset overhead for offices etc. If people cycle in only a couple of times a week you could probably get away with 1/2 the space and just have people rent cubes when they come in unless you are big enough for your own office.

Nikki_04

All Star
Daps
My job is adamant about going to the office, they just paid a shyt ton of relo's for people and rented some additional floors right before CV hit. They prefer in person collaboration as a big part of company culture.

But I definitely see it hitting a lot of companies and industries accordingly and not being as fortunate as my company.

I do think in person collaboration is of higher quality than interacting over zoom or webex. I don't see ALL companies going the remote route permanently.

Pazzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Different day, same shyt. :yeshrug: still surviving. Only things shyt did was bring what anybody pay attention knew was coming to the forefront and only expose who is really who out here. If you arent with the shyts, you will suffer out here for sure.

Unless you are your own boss and you're doing something that you KNOW you arent going to be replaced for then you are at the mercy of the job market, economy and shyt. This was always the case so what's the news here? Many folks out here can't handle that pressure when shyt gets tight like now so we are going to see a lot of folks breaking down mentally or show how fragile they are. That's life though.

Slangtonomo

Dz Ali OG...Pay me like you owe me!
Daps
Reppin
Duval Florida
This is why other countries look at us as the laughing stock of the world while the government continues to spend trillions on the military.

America can afford it. It just doesn't want to.

Bingo on the bolded!

America could afford all this, it's the riches most powerful nation on this planet.

America can afford to shut down, give UBI, and debt forgiveness for a year. It's what we ALL should be demanding. Be we employer or employee.

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
I will be going back next month probably though I used to travel a bit for my job so WFH was pretty regular. I don't think this will hit everyone but some companies are going to do their damndest to keep some people away.

I do think in person collaboration is of higher quality than interacting over zoom or webex. I don't see ALL companies going the remote route permanently.

We'll probably start to go back on a limited basis in July. Most of our conference rooms can no longer be utilized as conference rooms lol. Rooms that could hold 6 now hold 1. We have a big 100 person hall, now only 25 can be in there. 80% of the staff catches Metra and CTA to get to work which is a haven for germs.

It's going to be wild...I can see seasonality hitting our job when we need to be in the office...which is funny because summer hours start this week so I have no idea how this is going to work out.

I hate Skype meetings because I get distracted by this site...and I know only half the people are paying attention when I talk lol.

mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Underdeveloped Minds Research Institute
Unemployment gonna keep boomin. I hope ya'll took this lil break in life to recharge AND exolore other ways to make solid income outside your job.:unimpressed:

Many companies have too many layers of fat. This crisis has exposed that and a lot of redundancy in staff will be addressed.

Middle managers will be food.

Last edited:

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Anxiety attacks and sugar cookies
This is why other countries look at us as the laughing stock of the world while the government continues to spend trillions on the military.

America can afford it. It just doesn't want to.
I always find that ironic cause the other developed countries of the world are also completely in debt and have horrible wealth gap ratios too. All these countries can't help their people with fiat, we need currencies with value.