You Are Pregnant And The Bro Asks For DNA Tests

Medicate

Old School New School Need To Learn Though
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Alright this topic came up on another Black forum i'm on and the answers were interesting......:mjpls:

If you were pregnant ... married or not ... and you told "the Father of your unborn child" ... that "yall" were expecting a baby ... and he immediately (or eventually) asked for DNA tests, proving that fact ... what would be your response?

Would you offer to pay for the tests, easing his fears and concerns?

Would you welcome him to pay for it?

Would you be happy, angry, sad, understanding, or ect.

What would be your response, and why?

You don't gotta pick those above ... they're just examples ...

Is there a "right way" for a Brother to ask for DNA tests? If so, how?

September

Symbol Of Excellence
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Idaho.
I don't want kids. Any guy I'm with needs to know that right off the bat. No ifs, ands or buts so asking for a DNA test wouldn't even be necessary.

BUT for the sake of the thread, if a guy wanted one I would get it. I'd figure that would cause a rift in the relationship tho. Asking for a DNA test means you're questioning my trust and loyalty to you and that's a problem. If he felt some type of way, he should've brought it up before. Not when I'm telling him im pregnant.

Daps
Well I don't plan on having kids until I'm married, so if my husband wants a DNA test for our baby I'm going to be rightfully pissed. I don't think my husband would be that stupid though.

Yep. I'd be less pissed if we weren't married. But as his wife, I would not be a happy camper.

I'd get the test but I would be pissed that he thinks I've been creeping

I'd never deny a test, I don't ever want there to be doubt. Just as long as he knows that when the test comes back 'you are the father', he better not doubt or question me on anything ever again.

LadyK212

DEAD ACCOUNT
Daps
Reppin
NYC
If I wasn't married, and got knocked up I would. It would hurt that he didn't trust me, but not taking it seems like someone's playing games. If my husband wanted a DNA test I would do it, but then his v-card gonna get take away for a few months for even doubting me. And then I'm taking a nice ME vacation for a few days while he baby sits HIS kid.

This also gives me the exclusive rights to win all disagreements...ever.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Well I don't plan on having kids until I'm married, so if my husband wants a DNA test for our baby I'm going to be rightfully pissed. I don't think my husband would be that stupid though.

honestly thats a smart move on his part, 20% of children today are not raised by their biological fathers even though they believe the child is theirs

Rusty Kuntz

It be ya own peoples, huh?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Myself. fukk 12(1)!
Get the test, prove it's his, then depending upon just how pissed I am, threaten to kick his ass and/or possibly file for divorce :yeshrug:
Asking for a DNA test is basically questioning my loyalty to him and our union.

After all the shyt my husband and I have been through together, I'd take it as a personal affront, as he has absolutely no reason to question my fidelity. The fact that he is doing so means that there is a measure of distrust on his part; the fact that he distrusts me (when I've never given him a reason to) to the point of asking for a DNA test isn't something I can get over.