"You Know what I heard about Kordell Stewart?"[Players Tribune]

3Rivers

thaKEAF aint never lied
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Steel City

I remember the rumor. Damn shame it got started/who was rumored to have started it. Pittsburgh has always had an extreme love/hate relationship with their QB's:smh:
I invite the Coli to read the article. Here's a few excerpts
Back then, I’m at the top of the mountain. I’m 26 years old. I’m the quarterback of the greatest franchise in the NFL. I just played against John Elway in the AFC Championship game the previous season. I’m not just “Slash” anymore. I’m not just a gimmick. I’m the quarterback.

We’re 5–3, and everything’s in the right place.

What could go wrong, right?

Alright, timeout. We need to take a step back for a minute. Because I’m telling you this story today as a 48-year-old man who has learned a lot and has grown a lot. I got nothing but love for everybody, no matter what their sexual orientation is. It’s great to see how much the world has evolved in the last 20 years. But when this was all happening? Man, you have to understand, I’m a young Black quarterback in a blue-collar town. Being the target of those kinds of rumors? At that time? In that era? In that NFL?

Come on, man. You know what it was.

It’s sad to say, but at that time, it was a death sentence.

A couple weeks later, we were playing against New England, and I had a rough game. We lost, and as we were walking off the field, about to go into the tunnel, I got hit with a beer. Right in my face. Drenched. I looked up into the stands, and this guy said plenty of words I’d heard before.

“You effing this and that.”

Then he took it to a whole other level.

He said, “You effing n******.”

I can already hear people getting defensive. Just some trash talk, right? Just how it was back then when you went on the road, right?

Nah, bro.

We weren’t in New England.

We were playing at home. We were in Pittsburgh. Dude was wearing a Steelers jacket.
@Dog Based Gremlin
@General Mills

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
He said, “You effing n******.”

I can already hear people getting defensive. Just some trash talk, right? Just how it was back then when you went on the road, right?

Nah, bro.

We weren’t in New England.

We were playing at home. We were in Pittsburgh. Dude was wearing a Steelers jacket.

:francis:

As soon as Tomlin has a non-winning season, he's gonna get fired, I'd bet $1000 on it.

boskey

Top Rankin
Daps
Didn't read it yet but I searched the name Michael Westbrook and he isn't mentioned. Thats the other half of the story

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
:francis:

As soon as Tomlin has a non-winning season, he's gonna get fired, I'd bet $1000 on it.

He's had .500 seasons but he's never had a losing season. I guarantee you he'll be fired after he has one.

:dead:

you gotta stop this TLR dap fishing shyt

Rooneys are stand up folks and the Steelers have only had 3 head coaches in their entire history. It’ll take a lot for Tumlin to be let go

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
he's never had a non winning season

either way they were talking about firing him I was like shyt we’d take him on the bengals. Just goes to show the double standards for coaches. No way should his name have even came up. Matter of fact wasn’t it the season where they were playing Rudolph due to injuries.

Daps
Untitled-design-2-2.jpg