"You Know what I heard about Kordell Stewart?"[Players Tribune]

ball15life

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The unknown
That was one of the better ones I've read from the Player's Tribune.

Crazy how Rooney still wished he was a WR till the very end

EBK String

Better Ring String
Supporter
Daps
About a decade later, after my career was over, I was in Canton for Jerome Bettis’s Hall of Fame induction. It was an amazing reunion with guys I hadn’t seen in a long time. I even got to see the Big Fella again. And at that time, Mr. Rooney was nearing the end of his life. He was having some health problems. He was kind of hunched over. So when I saw him walking with his wife, I snuck up behind him and I kind of surprised him.

I said, “Hey, big fella! What you doing down there?”

He said, “Who’s that?”

“It’s your favorite player, Mr. Rooney! It’s your old buddy!”

He turned around and his eyes just lit up, man. He says, “Holy smokes! Kordell!! Slash!!! How you doing?”

“I’m good, Mr. Rooney, I’m good.”

“Hey look, I’m wearing one of those ties you gave me!”

“You’re looking slick, buddy. What you doing here?”

“Oh, just hanging out. Here to see our old friend The Bus. Can you believe it? Where did the time go?”

As a quarterback, I wasn’t perfect. But I was 46–29.

We talked for a minute and then he had to go. And as he was walking away, arm-in-arm with his wife, he stopped in his tracks and turned around.

He said, “Hey, Slash.”

I said, “What’s up, big fella?”

He winked and he said, “I told you, buddy, you should’ve stayed a wide receiver. We’d be here celebrating you, too.

:picard:

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.
I said, “Hey, big fella! What you doing down there?”

He said, “Who’s that?”

“It’s your favorite player, Mr. Rooney! It’s your old buddy!”

He winked and he said, “I told you, buddy, you should’ve stayed a wide receiver. We’d be here celebrating you, too.

:picard:

MY GOSH :wow:

Kordell was trying to be cordial and I’m not gonna shyt on him for that , but with those types, you just nod your head and keep your distance ... they usually take that deep-seated bias with them to the grave. :wow:

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Kordell Stewart was one of the more entertaining players in football at that time.

Off the top of my head, in that 90s decade...Barry Sanders, Randall Cunningham and Kordell Stewart were some of those guys you were excited to see because you knew anything could happen with the ball in their hands.
Maybe Michael Vick made people forget how good those guys really were.

Great read. Thanks OP.

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
And Kordell played like fukkin shyt in that AFC Championship game at home :pacspit:

I don’t think I ever got as mad as I did watching sports in my life than watching that game he played like he was retarded

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Kordell should have rolled with it like A-Rod and DWade did....just dont worry about it. Rodgers literally has ex-gf's suggesting hes gay as fukk in interviews, and he doesnt let it bother him.

And these guys got it much much worse because social media spreads that shyt instantly across the globe.