Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
oh ok interview pick's up at around 19:00 :leon:
The whole thing was live from the jump.

Combat really got a way of opening up his guests *pause*

This was a great listen. Jeezy might be a street rapper but he always had a conscience he just doesn't beat people over the head with it. That's why he gets his 500-600k core to come thru...

And Pete stepped up today

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Meh, i was right. This was more of a "promotional interview" based on him having a project coming & of course the fake drug/im a real nikka type talk - which is "funny" to listen too. Like i said, he doesnt fit the format of a Combat Jack/Juan Epstein. Just my opinion tho.

And of course alot of Jay-Z d-riding still, lol. Every show turns into "let's talk about how great Jay-Z is".

Still appreciate Combat Jack & everything they do.
Well Jay z is great

OG Talk

Archived
Daps
Reppin
Heaven on Earth
I fukks with Jeezy but he gives off this vibe of being dishonest and trying to hard at times
It's hard to put into words but I see what you mean.. A lot of cliches wrapped around grandiosity.. The "realest" part seemed to be the talk about the confrontation with his son and he had some good points about the Ferguson/war analogy.. But the rest seemed a little too polished.. Especially all the talk about his past in the streets and his rap career..He comes off like a really seasoned car salesman or motivational speaker...If you listen to him talk it he makes it seem like he is the only drug dealer turned rapper in the history of the game..

Grizzly

Home Run Hitter
Daps
Reppin
Bigupyuself
You gonna sit and watch 2.5 hour interviews per week?

It's convenient to have podcasts for long interviews cause you can listen on your phone pause it, put it in the auxiliary in the car pause it, and play the rest when you get home before you go to bed. I don't even know why one would want to look at 5 dudes for 2.5 hours.
what they used to do is upload the highlights on youtube and release the full podcast on soundcloud...i think they should just keep doing something more along those lines instead of uploading a 2hr video podcast...I wouldnt mind a live stream though..audio or video

DarkmanX

All Star
Daps
Well Jay z is great

Of course, but the show isn't about him. When they bring up every show since the show started, literally. There's a bias because Combat Jack was working with Jay-Z & them before he really blew up & the Brooklyn thing. Same with Biggie. I just dont wanna hear about them constantly and how amazing they are & all of this. They are human. Not saying we should disrespect them, but chill on the love a lil' bit & some of the credit bit esp when it's not about him is all im saying.

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
Of course, but the show isn't about him. When they bring up every show since the show started, literally. There's a bias because Combat Jack was working with Jay-Z & them before he really blew up & the Brooklyn thing. Same with Biggie. I just dont wanna hear about them constantly and how amazing they are & all of this. They are human. Not saying we should disrespect them, but chill on the love a lil' bit & some of the credit bit esp when it's not about him is all im saying.
It all depends on who he's interviewing, he often keeps it personal and talks about what he really knows. So if they have a common friend who was played a role in hiphop Joshua, Jeezy and Combats careers + the fact that he's on the album or more specifically the first single and apparently combats favorite song of the album. It makes perfect sense to hear about how it came together, what it's about and the history of their connection.

:what:

If he started talking about Biggiem, that would've been a bit odd, or if he talked Jay-z with Pete Rock etc. I don't know if you listen to the podcast regularly but the dope thing about it is that they go very deep on every hiphop related matter with their guests. He just happens to know a lot of people that had dealings with bad boy and roc a fella.

Also I never got the "they are human", they are special with regards to hiphop which is what they are talking about. Ain't not normal about them when it comes to hiphop.

DarkmanX

All Star
Daps
It all depends on who he's interviewing, he often keeps it personal and talks about what he really knows. So if they have a common friend who was played a role in hiphop Joshua, Jeezy and Combats careers + the fact that he's on the album or more specifically the first single and apparently combats favorite song of the album. It makes perfect sense to hear about how it came together, what it's about and the history of their connection.

:what:

If he started talking about Biggiem, that would've been a bit odd, or if he talked Jay-z with Pete Rock etc. I don't know if you listen to the podcast regularly but the dope thing about it is that they go very deep on every hiphop related matter with their guests. He just happens to know a lot of people that had dealings with bad boy and roc a fella.

Also I never got the "they are human", they are special with regards to hiphop which is what they are talking about. Ain't not normal about them when it comes to hiphop.

Is that not what i said i felt they been doing? U talking with somebody who's practically heard every episode and been a fan since the gate.

Dog, you're buggin. They're special in terms of being talented musicians but that was not my point.