Young Jeezy on the Combat Jack Show

DaveyDave

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Australia
Cool interview but I'm just not a fan at all. Tried listening to that Holy Ghost song just now and it's not hittin me at all.

DaveyDave

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Australia
what they used to do is upload the highlights on youtube and release the full podcast on soundcloud...i think they should just keep doing something more along those lines instead of uploading a 2hr video podcast...I wouldnt mind a live stream though..audio or video

I think the setup isn't very good for visuals. Who wants to watch a video when all you can see a bench and microphones everywhere, cats wearing headphones, it's set up like radio for obvious reasons. If they made it into a video format I think they would have to being some of the old parts back. News, Black White Brown Or Yellow, shyt like that so they could break the interview up. Just a few mins here and there not much. Having a bunch of people sit together and just talk for 2-3 hours isn't too exciting visually no matter what they're talking about.

KENNY DA COOKER

HARD ON HOES is not a word it's a LIFESTYLE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
F
You gonna sit and watch 2.5 hour interviews per week?

It's convenient to have podcasts for long interviews cause you can listen on your phone pause it, put it in the auxiliary in the car pause it, and play the rest when you get home before you go to bed. I don't even know why one would want to look at 5 dudes for 2.5 hours.

Uhhh yeah :manny:

I have a SMART TV and with the smart tv Youtube Appliacation .. :obama:

.it's alot more convienent than listening to it via my phone in the car system...

cause i dont have long commutes...and I DON'T LIKE BEING ATTACHED TO MY PHONE LIKE THAT....

at my house i have streaming channels i.e (netflix, vudu, hulu, youtube)......that is MY CABLE :ufdup:

so it works for me..i like seeing the reactions on the faces along with the audio..like the time SCARFACE got emotional as fukk and STOOD UP like he was giving a damn sermon when he addressed the snitching allegations by Lil Troy..that was a classic VIDEO MOMENT :noah:

MouseTeeth

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Queens
To whoever said puff daddy I can't agree more :takedat: that shyt could be 4+ hours n I'd still listen

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Of course, but the show isn't about him. When they bring up every show since the show started, literally. There's a bias because Combat Jack was working with Jay-Z & them before he really blew up & the Brooklyn thing. Same with Biggie. I just dont wanna hear about them constantly and how amazing they are & all of this. They are human. Not saying we should disrespect them, but chill on the love a lil' bit & some of the credit bit esp when it's not about him is all im saying.
Damn u guys love bytching

.it's alot more convienent than listening to it via my phone in the car system...

cause i dont have long commutes...and I DON'T LIKE BEING ATTACHED TO MY PHONE LIKE THAT....

at my house i have streaming channels i.e (netflix, vudu, hulu, youtube)......that is MY CABLE :ufdup:

so it works for me..i like seeing the reactions on the faces along with the audio..like the time SCARFACE got emotional as fukk and STOOD UP like he was giving a damn sermon when he addressed the snitching allegations by Lil Troy..that was a classic VIDEO MOMENT :noah:

Couldn't disagree more lack of visuals makes the words that much more meaningful. This show is about conversation. I don't feel it translates well visually it changes the dynamic. See the complex interviews...

Earnings

Ele Jefe
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Victory Lane
It's hard to put into words but I see what you mean.. A lot of cliches wrapped around grandiosity.. The "realest" part seemed to be the talk about the confrontation with his son and he had some good points about the Ferguson/war analogy.. But the rest seemed a little too polished.. Especially all the talk about his past in the streets and his rap career..He comes off like a really seasoned car salesman or motivational speaker...If you listen to him talk it he makes it seem like he is the only drug dealer turned rapper in the history of the game..
Jeezy def one of my favorites but I kinda see wht yall mean at times... Wht i really think it is tho is less posturing and more so REALIZING who his peers really is (or AINT:sas2:)over all this time... Its like why not??

DarkmanX

All Star
Daps
@Kunta

What if i said guys like you love bytching about other peoples opinion (o.p.p. or nah? lol)

I just gave an honest opinion. I feel i was fair & gave both sides to it if you read them. So stop worrying about what other people feel & say. I wasnt saying "Aww fukk this show, this shyt was laaaaaaaame breh" or some shyt like that. Just cuz my opinion doesnt agree with urs its bytching? Foh.

Ehh, you have those things & it might fit YOU..but it doesnt everybody my dude. Most people fukk with the radio/sound format & i guess that's part of the reason they've stayed true to it (other than it fitting them better as well).

It's not about what fits YOU..this aint netflix duke lol. I mean no disrespect either. Respect u as a poster here.

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
What I'm saying is that I've not seen a 3 hour video interview in my life.

And few people like the honorable might have some James Bond set up with screens flipping out of the steering wheel, transformer Rolex that flips around and becomes an HD screen or whatever. But I would guess that podcasts is the most convenient way for a vast majority. Which is why podcasts are so popular.. Should they offer both? Well send them some stacks.. I'm just happy that some cats who could be making a lot more money are bringing us deep and high quality urban culture interviews, can't be picky and complain I'm just happy that we get this content :blessed: :salute: combat.

Last edited:
Daps
kind of a boring episode, I was hoping to get his thoughts from his mature mindset he is in to past "beefs". The ones that come to mind are Freddie Gibbs, what happened? As well as Gucci Mane, who is going to jail for three years. I don't want to sound mean, but it's hard to take a dude that made a come up from inspirational crack songs trying to explain leadership when struggling with basic concepts of soft power.... Sort of a rough one.