10/14 PBC on SHO: Tim Tszyu vs Brian Mendoza (WBO Super Welterweight Title)

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Why would Charlo do this though? He has money now, he doesn't need or want a beating, even if he won a decision.

It's not that important to him.

Ultimately after getting undisputed + being early 30s Mell was seeking money fights which Tim isnt. Tim is a high risk low reward. They should have done this fight in the USA to boost Tim more for a Mell/Bud/Spence future fight

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
Damn... IBF making ask these muhfukkas put up or shut up. :heh:

Yupp. His name is BAKHRAM MURTAZALIEV

Apparently, he was Charlo's mandatory for over 1 year already. I mean, you can't be sitting on your belts, not defending for close to 2 years and expect to keep your belts :francis::mjlol:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
I think Charlo has a mandatory just ordered for his IBF belt, so he can't take a year off
yeah the IBF doesnt play about its mandos and murtazaliev has been eating good off them step asides to allow all these unifications..but not fighting tszyu is allowing the orgs to set off the mando situation

chunky_mcdaniels

All Star
Daps
Ultimately after getting undisputed + being early 30s Mell was seeking money fights which Tim isnt. Tim is a high risk low reward. They should have done this fight in the USA to boost Tim more for a Mell/Bud/Spence future fight

But they didn’t, because Charlo faked a hand injury and then lined up a Canelo fight.

The second part is fine, the first not so much. The third part (lying on The Breakfast Club about a Tsyzu injury postponing any fight) was what dropped his respect even further.

Sucker shyt. Be a man, stand on your shyt, don’t make things up.

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
But they didn’t, because Charlo faked a hand injury and then lined up a Canelo fight.

The second part is fine, the first not so much. The third part (lying on The Breakfast Club about a Tsyzu injury postponing any fight) was what dropped his respect even further.

Come on cuzz :russ: ...

I think his hand was legit messed up. We can say what we want about him taking the money and running but the time between the Castano fight and the Canelo fight was the longest break of his career. He usually fights every 7 to 9 months.

He talks too much, but we have to give him the benefit of the doubt on his injury.

chunky_mcdaniels

All Star
Daps
Come on cuzz :russ: ...

I think his hand was legit messed up. We can say what we want about him taking the money and running but the time between the Castano fight and the Canelo fight was the longest break of his career. He usually fights every 7 to 9 months.

He talks too much, but we have to give him the benefit of the doubt on his injury.
He was over the top explaining the injury, and when people do that 9 / 10 they're lying.

It's okay, he didn't want to fight a difficult mandatory immediately after becoming undisputed. I get that part.

The Breakfast Club shyt was a stain on his soul though.

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
He was over the top explaining the injury, and when people do that 9 / 10 they're lying.

It's okay, he didn't want to fight a difficult mandatory immediately after becoming undisputed. I get that part.

The Breakfast Club shyt was a stain on his soul though.

I'm of the belief that I think he had a legit injury, but the extent of the injury was fabricated to duck Tim Tszyu

Then all of a sudden "His hand is healthy" when he signed to fight Canelo

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
Not sure I'd pick Tszyu to beat Charlo or Bud
He's sturdy, punches hard and probably has underrated defense but I think it's going take more to beat either of those dudes at 154

UncleTomFord15

Veteran
Daps
I don't see Tim beating Charlo tbh. And assuming Crawford can comfortably be the same at 154, he beats him aswell.

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self

I thought a Tzyzu injury did postpone it?

chunky_mcdaniels

All Star
Daps
That was the last injury. Pretty sure Tim had another injury that delayed the initial fight with Charlo. I thought Tim got hurt first, then Charlo got hurt twice, and finally the fight was off.
That's a lot of hurting. :russ:

Tsyzu had a small time out with an injury prior to his Gausha fight.

This was before his first fight in USA (February 2022), so the idea that it delayed anything in regards to a potential Charlo fight can't work.

Charlo 'injured' his wrist/hand in December of 2022, the fight between Tsyzu / Charlo had been building up, and if I recall correctly, it was at the very beginning of camp?

Either way, Charlo then dragged out the '*injury' all the way until word got out regarding the Canelo fight in mid to late July, 7 months.