10 Manhattan Stereotypes That Are Completely Accurate

Steady B

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Apparently, even other cacs dont like her articles :russ:

Get rid of the idiots like Kristin Norton who write inaccurate and ...

feedback.movoto.com/.../6102273-get-rid-of-the-idiots-like-kristin-norton-who-writ

Would someone tell Kristin Norton that Vienna is a city in Austria, which is a separate country from Germany? The fact that citizens of each speak German is ...
Kristin Norton should be fired – Customer Feedback for Movoto Real ...
feedback.movoto.com/forums/114659.../15072912-kristin-norton-should-be-fired
Jul 3, 2016 - Movoto Real Estate - Homes for Sale ... Kristin Norton should be fired ... AdminCustomer Service Team (Admin, Movoto Real Estate - Homes for ...

Easy-E

Suffering From Success | 1316 Days
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Island of Relevancy, Forever
Born and raised in NYC and I have literally never seen or heard of the word "Manhattanitte" till this thread

And interesting how the article only considers the lower half of Manhattan to be Manhattan :mjpls:

Article said some slick shyt too:

"If you live in Greenwich you’re probably an NYU student who spends your precious spare time with the Columbia pre-med students in Morningside Heights. Just kidding, you would never hang out there."

Morningside Heights is the new name for Harlem, it's their way of "cleaning up" Harlem's image for gentrification purposes. Because despite how safe Harlem is now, many non blacks/Hispanics are terrified of the blackness associated with it.:mjpls:

:scusthov::dahell:

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
Apparently, even other cacs dont like her articles :russ:

Get rid of the idiots like Kristin Norton who write inaccurate and ...

feedback.movoto.com/.../6102273-get-rid-of-the-idiots-like-kristin-norton-who-writ

Would someone tell Kristin Norton that Vienna is a city in Austria, which is a separate country from Germany? The fact that citizens of each speak German is ...
Kristin Norton should be fired – Customer Feedback for Movoto Real ...
feedback.movoto.com/forums/114659.../15072912-kristin-norton-should-be-fired
Jul 3, 2016 - Movoto Real Estate - Homes for Sale ... Kristin Norton should be fired ... AdminCustomer Service Team (Admin, Movoto Real Estate - Homes for ...
She said the DMV is Delaware Maryland and Virginia. :beli:

ZEB WALTON

ayo! - BEZ
Daps
Reppin
No Father To MY Style.. A Son Unique
I thought Morningside Heights was just the western side of Harlem, where Columbia is located. I recognized the :mjpls: in that statement too.

New York loves shyttin on Staten Island...:laff:.

I'm S.I.'s biggest non-resident stan. That's why I always root for S.I., because its the stepsister/underdog borough (plus WuTang was created there). I can't wait for those new projects like that Ferris Wheel and Freshkills Park to start bringing in millions of visitors and Deeboing some of the limelight from Manhattan......just wait till SI get a train connection into Brooklyn or Bayonne.
3yXMRYa.gif

:mjgrin:
Im from staten island

a. The other boroughs talk shyt but most of em never been there. When i hear people feom queens talk shyt i laugh cuz queens is more like staten island than it relizes.

B. Staten island isnt what it used to be. Its not cac central anymore, its baby brooklyn and kn 20-30 years itll be the same thing brooklyn was.

C. fukk anyone who shyts on the island. We dont need jersey or nyc we got eveeythkng we need right there. Its not a cesspool of crime nor is it HIPSTER central like manhattan and brooklyn have become.

D. Where you think all the nyers went to? Brooklyn moved to staten island

E. Wutang clan aint nuttin to fukk wit

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
Im from staten island

a. The other boroughs talk shyt but most of em never been there. When i hear people feom queens talk shyt i laugh cuz queens is more like staten island than it relizes.

B. Staten island isnt what it used to be. Its not cac central anymore, its baby brooklyn and kn 20-30 years itll be the same thing brooklyn was.

C. fukk anyone who shyts on the island. We dont need jersey or nyc we got eveeythkng we need right there. Its not a cesspool of crime nor is it HIPSTER central like manhattan and brooklyn have become.

:myman:

ZEB WALTON

ayo! - BEZ
Daps
Reppin
No Father To MY Style.. A Son Unique
Lmao

Im sure u can tell how many times some soft brooklyn hipster told me staten island sucks and that im not from new york even tho i cant go anywhere in the country without someone recognizing my accent the second i open my mouth.

Stat is the borough if u want a taste of jersey but still want that nyc feel n capable trans. Rent still affordable. Fine I-talian bytches ON DECK dressed to the 9s to get milk at the deli. Good eats. Deninos pizza.

fukk anyone in this thread shyttin on stat. We got beef and i gor @Big Mel on my side. U dont know bout us crazy island cacs who grew up seeing the mob everywhere. We puts in work.

Malik1time

What you looking at?
Daps
Reppin
Queens
Im from staten island

In way your right:ehh:

morris

Superstar
Daps
Dawg did you grab this from cosmopolitan
:what:

You're just going to skip right past the beginning huh:

New York Smash Magazine

BY KRISTIN NORTON
Originally published by Movoto.com

Born and raised in NYC and I have literally never seen or heard of the word "Manhattanitte" till this thread

And interesting how the article only considers the lower half of Manhattan to be Manhattan :mjpls:

Article said some slick shyt too:

"If you live in Greenwich you’re probably an NYU student who spends your precious spare time with the Columbia pre-med students in Morningside Heights. Just kidding, you would never hang out there."

Morningside Heights is the new name for Harlem, it's their way of "cleaning up" Harlem's image for gentrification purposes. Because despite how safe Harlem is now, many non blacks/Hispanics are terrified of the blackness associated with it.:mjpls:

You told no lie. That's why I said over-privileged white chick in the beginning.

No, Morningside Heights still is what Morningside Heights always was - the little pocket of the city dominated by Columbia.

I thought Morningside Heights was just the western side of Harlem, where Columbia is located. I recognized the :mjpls: in that statement too.

New York loves shyttin on Staten Island...:laff:.

I'm not from Manhattan, so I have been living in Harlem for the past decade. And I lived in Washington Heights for one year.

An old head told me that but they call Morningside Heights and promote as that, was always Harlem back in the day. Especially back when the heroine craze had a hold of it in the seventies. You will see junkies oil on West 110th Street. Nobody was calling at Morningside Heights.

This is what white people do. They name it something else to disassociate with the real date of the natives. I hear they're giving silly names to certain parts of Brooklyn already.

CAC article
CAC gifs :scusthov:

1 star possible neg rep

I've been negged for Less. I can take that.

Did some hipster write this? :heh:

Only kind that can.

:what:Most people in manhattan arent even originally from NYC they're transplants from around the country

Very true. And don't forget foreign investors. Seen a lot around the city and they're just here to look after their property. And they only say hi to you when they're kids are selling chocolates for their private school.

Im from staten island

Easy there. I used to make visits out to S.I. all the time. There are parts of Staten Island that actually remind me of the South. Where they are no sidewalks. none.

Now if you're talking about certain parts of Queens that are toward Belmont Race Track okay. You talking more the Long Island part. But Queens from Astoria all the way to Merrick Boulevard is nothing like certain parts of Staten Island. Nothing at all.

Lmao

Im sure u can tell how many times some soft brooklyn hipster told me staten island sucks and that im not from new york even tho i cant go anywhere in the country without someone recognizing my accent the second i open my mouth.

I hope you checked that motherfukker. Other than some rich Organic spot, a New York City kid that's been here for 3 years or 5 years can't tell me shyt.

I have never seen the show Friends in my life. I saw Seinfeld back in the day when it was popular for the first year. And this article, while some of the things hold true as far as everyone hating New York and NYC not caring, seems to Echo the views of white people who are from the rich parts of the city. They see everyone else as other, or the help. Only when they need ethnic food or something like that.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
You're just going to skip right past the beginning huh:

New York Smash Magazine

BY KRISTIN NORTON
Originally published by Movoto.com

You told no lie. That's why I said over-privileged white chick in the beginning.

I'm not from Manhattan, so I have been living in Harlem for the past decade. And I lived in Washington Heights for one year.

An old head told me that but they call Morningside Heights and promote as that, was always Harlem back in the day. Especially back when the heroine craze had a hold of it in the seventies. You will see junkies oil on West 110th Street. Nobody was calling at Morningside Heights.

This is what white people do. They name it something else to disassociate with the real date of the natives. I hear they're giving silly names to certain parts of Brooklyn already.

I've been negged for Less. I can take that.

Only kind that can.

Very true. And don't forget foreign investors. Seen a lot around the city and they're just here to look after their property. And they only say hi to you when they're kids are selling chocolates for their private school.

Easy there. I used to make visits out to S.I. all the time. There are parts of Staten Island that actually remind me of the South. Where they are no sidewalks. none.

Now if you're talking about certain parts of Queens that are toward Belmont Race Track okay. You talking more the Long Island part. But Queens from Astoria all the way to Merrick Boulevard is nothing like certain parts of Staten Island. Nothing at all.

I hope you checked that motherfukker. Other than some rich Organic spot, a New York City kid that's been here for 3 years or 5 years can't tell me shyt.

I have never seen the show Friends in my life. I saw Seinfeld back in the day when it was popular for the first year. And this article, while some of the things hold true as far as everyone hating New York and NYC not caring, seems to Echo the views of white people who are from the rich parts of the city. They see everyone else as other, or the help. Only when they need ethnic food or something like that.

I lived with family for about a year in queens a few minutes from the Long Island border. While it's definitely more suburban then manhattan it's not exactly suffolk county where u feel like you're in the middle of nowhere

Houses are still pretty close to each other and nobody has a big backyard. I still felt like I was in the boroughs