10 million+ killed Belgian genocide of Congo

Entropy Fan

Superstar
Daps
King Leopold of Belgium killed 10-15 million people in Congo.......yet the west doesnt consider it a genocide

Genocide scholar Adam Jones comments, “The result was one of the most brutal and all-encompassing corvée institutions the world has known . . . Male rubber tappers and porters were mercilessly exploited and driven to death.”[6] Leopold's agents held the wives and children of these men hostage until they returned with their rubber quota.[5] Those who refused or failed to supply enough rubber often had their villages burned down, children murdered, and their hands cut off.[1,3]"

To prove the success of their patrols, soldiers were ordered to cut off and bring back dead victims’ right hands as proof that they had not wasted their bullets.[3] If their shots missed their targets or if they used cartridges on big game, soldiers would cut off the hands of the living and wounded to meet their quotas.[3]

“Everywhere I hear the same news of the Congo Free State – rubber and murder, slavery in its worst form.” This account was published in Century Magazine (1897) by E. J. Glave, a former CFS administrator

http://www.yale.edu/gsp/colonial/belgian_congo/

Yet it isnt even called a genocide or even taught in schools.
We know everything about the holocaust tho, and hear about it endlessly :wtb:
child_victim.jpg

Last edited:

Entropy Fan

Superstar
Daps
Black life doesn't matter to the western world sadly. The Congo genocide and the Namibian genocide are written off by cacs as a natural result of survival of the fittest.
as a response we shouldnt care about cac life. i dont want to ever hear about a cac genocide or massacre. Not sympathizing with those that dont value a life like mine

Entropy Fan

Superstar
Daps
WWII or Not, 10 million people is a lot including the human mutilation and chopping off of the hands. Whites are pure evil

"a few bad apples"
" it was a different time"
"lots of groups committed similar atrocities"
"insert generic cac excuse"

cac "black heathens should be shot for the knock out game"

They chopped arms off cuz africans didnt bring them enough rubber

Daps
Reppin
Le Continent Noir
Y'all act like it's unheard of in the states or banned. :mjlol:

What do the history books in Congo say?

Congo-Kinshasa (DRC) was not independent until 1960 like most African countries. So you can imagine that the history books under the colonial system did not teach that part of history just like I'm sure slavery in the US does not highlight its brutality UNLESS you decide to major or specialize on Afro-American Studies in a university. I have been to Belgium several times. They depict King Leopold on some type of benevolent leader who went to Congo on a humanitarian mission to "civilize" the people

Entropy Fan

Superstar
Daps
Congo-Kinshasa (DRC) was not independent until 1960 like most African countries. So you can imagine that the history books under the colonial system did not teach that part of history just like I'm sure slavery in the US does not highlight its brutality UNLESS you decide to major or specialize on Afro-American Studies in a university. I have been to Belgium several times. They depict King Leopold on some type of benevolent leader who went to Congo on a humanitarian mission to "civilize" the people

Get the fuk out of here :what:

repugnant fukks. They should be called out for that.

Northern Son

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

:what::scust::snoop:

I know I shouldn't be surprised but fukking wow. Literally no different than openly glorifying Hitler in 2014...maybe even worse.

Daps
Reppin
Le Continent Noir
"a few bad apples"
" it was a different time"
"lots of groups committed similar atrocities"
"insert generic cac excuse"

cac "black heathens should be shot for the knock out game"

They chopped arms off cuz africans didnt bring them enough rubber

I think it is all done to deflect from their inhumane treatment of people it's ironic this thread came up because I was watching BBC's History of Racism very well done documentary and I always thought that Germany was one of those EUropean countries that was not involved in Africa because they didn't have any colonies and some of my friends in the Army always said that the country was very receptive in the back of my head I always thought because it didn't have a colonial past but I heard about how Namibian genocide in the 1880s served as a precursor of what the Nazis did to the Jews