10 million+ killed Belgian genocide of Congo

Truth200

Banned
Daps
Being antisemitic was the point of your thread. What else is there to comment on?

Can't even bring up the suffering of black people without these type of stupid comments.

:snoop:

The Great Chuck D said it best in his lyrics...

Bass in your face
Not an eight track
Gettin' it good to the wood
So the people
Give you some a dat
Reactin' to the fax
That I kick and it stick
And it stay around
Pointin' to the joint, put the Buddha down
Goin', goin', gettin' to the roots
Ain't givin' it up
So turn me loose
But then again I got a story
That's harder than the hardcore
Cost of the holocaust
I'm talkin' 'bout the one still goin' on

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
does anyone know where I can watch the King Leopold's Ghost documentary?

Couldnt even find it to purchase :dwillhuh:

ThatTruth777

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
everyone interested on gaining some knowledge on the subject should read King Leopold's Ghost by Adam Hoschild
Book sounds good to me after I read some entertainingly false 1 star amazon reviews from some truly sad people.

Oh and don't forget about this letter he wrote;

Letter from King Leopold II of Belgium to Colonial Missionaries, 1883

The letter which follows is Courtesy of Dr. Vera Nobles and Dr. Chiedozie Okoro.

“Reverends, Fathers and Dear Compatriots: The task that is given to fulfill is very delicate and requires much tact. You will go certainly to evangelize, but your evangelization must inspire above all Belgium interests. Your principal objective in our mission in the Congo is never to teach the ******s to know God, this they know already. They speak and submit to a Mungu, one Nzambi, one Nzakomba, and what else I don’t know. They know that to kill, to sleep with someone else’s wife, to lie and to insult is bad. Have courage to admit it; you are not going to teach them what they know already. Your essential role is to facilitate the task of administrators and industrials, which means you will go to interpret the gospel in the way it will be the best to protect your interests in that part of the world. For these things, you have to keep watch on disinteresting our savages from the richness that is plenty [in their underground. To avoid that, they get interested in it, and make you murderous] competition and dream one day to overthrow you.

Your knowledge of the gospel will allow you to find texts ordering, and encouraging your followers to love poverty, like “Happier are the poor because they will inherit the heaven” and, “It’s very difficult for the rich to enter the kingdom of God.” You have to detach from them and make them disrespect everything which gives courage to affront us. I make reference to their Mystic System and their war fetish-warfare protection-which they pretend not to want to abandon, and you must do everything in your power to make it disappear.
Your action will be directed essentially to the younger ones, for they won’t revolt when the recommendation of the priest is contradictory to their parent’s teachings. The children have to learn to obey what the missionary recommends, who is the father of their soul. You must singularly insist on their total submission and obedience, avoid developing the spirit in the schools, teach students to read and not to reason. There, dear patriots, are some of the principles that you must apply. You will find many other books, which will be given to you at the end of this conference. Evangelize the ******s so that they stay forever in submission to the white colonialists, so they never revolt against the restraints they are undergoing. Recite every day-“Happy are those who are weeping because the kingdom of God is for them.”

Convert always the blacks by using the whip. Keep their women in nine months of submission to work freely for us. Force them to pay you in sign of recognition-goats, chicken or eggs-every time you visit their villages. And make sure that ******s never become rich. Sing every day that it’s impossible for the rich to enter heaven. Make them pay tax each week at Sunday mass. Use the money supposed for the poor, to build flourishing business centres. Institute a confessional system, which allows you to be good detectives denouncing any black that has a different consciousness contrary to that of the decision-maker. Teach the ******s to forget their heroes and to adore only ours. Never present a chair to a black that comes to visit you. Don’t give him more than one cigarette. Never invite him for dinner even if he gives you a chicken every time you arrive at his house.

“The above speech which shows the real intention of the Christian missionary journey in Africa was exposed to the world by Mr. Moukouani Muikwani Bukoko, born in the Congo in 1915, and who in 1935 while working in the Congo, bought a second hand Bible from a Belgian priest who forgot the speech in the Bible. — Dr. Chiedozie Okoro

Last edited:

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Cacs also set up concentration camps in Southern Africa. They tortured, abused and murdered blacks in those camps. They fed the death camp victims to sharks by the truckload. Death, disease, beating, rape, etc were everyday occurences, just like the Jews in Auchwitz. If the Germans had won WW2, they would have created more concentration camps and committed genocide against all blacks.

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
Black life doesn't matter to the western world sadly. The Congo genocide and the Namibian genocide are written off by cacs as a result of natural selection and survival of the fittest.

Exactly. And they wonder why their referred to as Democacs. Pure evil seems to be within the cac's nature. Its honestly terrifying really. Cacs have more compassion for injured animals than they do black people. Sickening.

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
Congo-Kinshasa (DRC) was not independent until 1960 like most African countries. So you can imagine that the history books under the colonial system did not teach that part of history just like I'm sure slavery in the US does not highlight its brutality UNLESS you decide to major or specialize on Afro-American Studies in a university. I have been to Belgium several times. They depict King Leopold on some type of benevolent leader who went to Congo on a humanitarian mission to "civilize" the people

Not sure about that breh. Not that King Leopold is criticized as he should be, but I've never heard anyone calling him a "benevolent leader". You make it sound like he's a hero in Belgium or something.

Yea man that's fukked up I know. That country is what it is today because of the Congo free state. It was a little backwards country in Europe with no resources and was competing with the other European powers and the COngo basically bailed them out and made it what it is today you go today there are big statutes of him in every museum but no mention of the evil instead of him being a humanitarian type of guy

Wrong, Wallonia (and Belgium by extension) was one of the richest regions in Western Europe thanks to the coal industry and the industrial revolution.

Yea it's sad and my experience in Belgium opened my eyes a lot I used to date this girl who was there whose parents were from Congo. She put me on to all of this and did my own research because I was ignorant to it all also I usually thought that the relationship between Belgium was the common relationship between colonizers and colonized of Christian missionaries going into Africa trying to educate the people and steal some resources here and there make Africans change their names etc... But this one takes the cake and it is no wonder that the country today is the way it is due to a legacy of violence. The DRC is probably the country with largest mineral wealth in the world today despite the plunder but of course that doesn't mean shyt if you don't know how to take advantage of it. But back to Belgium, this girl used to tell me that Belgians used to get really upset about Congolese immigration there and I'm like the country basically created chaos in this African country and wants to get mad if these people want to survive and think there is a better life in Europe. The thing about Leopold is that he saw the Congo as HIS own personal property (country basically the size of Western Europe) therefore he was not accountable or had any sort of political pressure. The massacre stopped because some other European missionaries went there and saw really what was going on because he had told everybody that his reason for being in the Congo was fo humanitarian purposes and everybody believed him

This is the thing: Belgium as a country had no regard on what was going on in Congo; legally, it was his personnal property, it was not a Belgian colony until later.

The other thing is that colonies were and are still mostly seen as having been the business of French-speaking Belgians. However, true power in Belgium has mostly been in the hand of Dutch-speaking Belgians, who just don't care either way for that part of Belgian history (since it was the time when Belgium was dominated by French-speakers) and are very reluctant to dig into historyin general since the Flemish movement has flirted with nazis during WW2. So history in general is still quite touchy in Belgium.

mbewane

Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
Book sounds good to me after I read some entertainingly false 1 star amazon reviews from some truly sad people.

Oh and don't forget about this letter he wrote;

Letter from King Leopold II of Belgium to Colonial Missionaries, 1883

The letter which follows is Courtesy of Dr. Vera Nobles and Dr. Chiedozie Okoro.

“Reverends, Fathers and Dear Compatriots: The task that is given to fulfill is very delicate and requires much tact. You will go certainly to evangelize, but your evangelization must inspire above all Belgium interests. Your principal objective in our mission in the Congo is never to teach the ******s to know God, this they know already. They speak and submit to a Mungu, one Nzambi, one Nzakomba, and what else I don’t know. They know that to kill, to sleep with someone else’s wife, to lie and to insult is bad. Have courage to admit it; you are not going to teach them what they know already. Your essential role is to facilitate the task of administrators and industrials, which means you will go to interpret the gospel in the way it will be the best to protect your interests in that part of the world. For these things, you have to keep watch on disinteresting our savages from the richness that is plenty [in their underground. To avoid that, they get interested in it, and make you murderous] competition and dream one day to overthrow you.

Your knowledge of the gospel will allow you to find texts ordering, and encouraging your followers to love poverty, like “Happier are the poor because they will inherit the heaven” and, “It’s very difficult for the rich to enter the kingdom of God.” You have to detach from them and make them disrespect everything which gives courage to affront us. I make reference to their Mystic System and their war fetish-warfare protection-which they pretend not to want to abandon, and you must do everything in your power to make it disappear.
Your action will be directed essentially to the younger ones, for they won’t revolt when the recommendation of the priest is contradictory to their parent’s teachings. The children have to learn to obey what the missionary recommends, who is the father of their soul. You must singularly insist on their total submission and obedience, avoid developing the spirit in the schools, teach students to read and not to reason. There, dear patriots, are some of the principles that you must apply. You will find many other books, which will be given to you at the end of this conference. Evangelize the ******s so that they stay forever in submission to the white colonialists, so they never revolt against the restraints they are undergoing. Recite every day-“Happy are those who are weeping because the kingdom of God is for them.”

Convert always the blacks by using the whip. Keep their women in nine months of submission to work freely for us. Force them to pay you in sign of recognition-goats, chicken or eggs-every time you visit their villages. And make sure that ******s never become rich. Sing every day that it’s impossible for the rich to enter heaven. Make them pay tax each week at Sunday mass. Use the money supposed for the poor, to build flourishing business centres. Institute a confessional system, which allows you to be good detectives denouncing any black that has a different consciousness contrary to that of the decision-maker. Teach the ******s to forget their heroes and to adore only ours. Never present a chair to a black that comes to visit you. Don’t give him more than one cigarette. Never invite him for dinner even if he gives you a chicken every time you arrive at his house.

“The above speech which shows the real intention of the Christian missionary journey in Africa was exposed to the world by Mr. Moukouani Muikwani Bukoko, born in the Congo in 1915, and who in 1935 while working in the Congo, bought a second hand Bible from a Belgian priest who forgot the speech in the Bible. — Dr. Chiedozie Okoro

http://www.unilag.edu.ng/staffdirectorydetails.php?username=4996&id=70&parentid=68

Name: OKORO CHIEDOZIE
Department: ARTS/PHIL.
Faculty: ARTS
Designation: ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR
Specialization: APPLIED ONTOLOGY
Phone Extension: 1451/1365
Phone No.: 08023153012;08075344655
Email: cokoro@unilag.edu.ng;chiedozieokoro@gmail.com
Number(s) of Publications [ 25 ]

1. Reflections on Epistemology and Scientific Orientations in African Philosophy [2005],
,']Co-Authors: Dr. F. N. Ndubuisi & Dr. Chiedozie Okoro

2. Okoro, C. (2006) “Phenomenology for World Reconstruction” in Analecta Husserliana (ed. A –T Tymieniecka), vol. XCII, the Netherlands, Springer, pp. 331 – 355.
Co-Authors: Dr. Chiedozie Okoro

3. Okoro, C (2005), “Philosophy and the Recultivation of African Culture” in Reflections on Epistemology and Scientific Orientations in African Philosophy (co-authored F. N. Ndubuisi and C. Okoro), Lagos: Foresight Press, pp. 51 – 66.

4. Okoro, C. (2005) “A Critique of the Polarity in Edmund Husserl’s Intersubjectivity Theory” in Analecta Husserliana (ed. A.-T Tymieniecka), vol. LXXXIX, the Netherlands, Springer, pp.129-144.

5. Okoro, C. B. (2004/2005) “Ontological Evaluation of African Concept of Time: Relevance to the Development of Contemporary Africa” in The Nigerian Journal of Philosophy Vol. 21 Nos. 1 & 2, Lagos: Department of Philosophy, pp. 146 – 167.

6. Okoro, C (2005), “Sharia in a Secularist State: A Jurisprudentialist Analysis” in Nigerian Integrative Discourses Volume 1 Sharia (ed. C. S. Momoh and Segun Awonusi), Lagos: University of Lagos, Nigeria, pp. 111 – 129.

7. Okoro, C.B. (2003), “On Causality and Science: Towards a Deconstruction of African Theory of Forces,” in African Spirit and Black Nationalism: A Discourse in African and Afro American Studies (ed. M. Falaiye), Lagos: Foresight Press, pp. 14-29.

8. Okoro, C.B. (2002), “Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS) as a Biological Hazard,” in Man, History and Philosophy of Science: A Compendium of Readings (ed. E.K. Ogundowole), Lagos: Department of Philosophy. pp. 231 – 249.

9. Okoro, C.B. (2001), “Social Psychology”, in Philosophical Psychology: Selected Readings (ed. G.E. Azenabor), Lagos: Malthouse Press Ltd, pp. 24 –55.

10. Okoro, C.B. (2001), “Ontological Analysis of the Problem of Tribalism: Towards a Humanistic Management of Diversity,” in The Humanistic Management of Pluralism: A Formula for Development in Nigeria (ed. A.E. Eruvbetine), Lagos: Faculty of Arts, University of Lagos, pp. 190 – 203.

11. Okoro, C.B. and J.I. Unah (2002), “Ludwig Feuerbach’s Philosophical Anthropology” in Philosophy, Society and Anthropology (ed. J.I. Unah), Lagos: Fadec Publishers, pp. 154 – 174.
Co-Authors: Dr. C. B. Okoro and Professor J. I. Unah

12. 1. Okoro, C. B. (Winter 2011), “A Critique of the Dialectics of Globalization” in The Journal of International Social Research (Ordu University, Ordu, Turkey), Volume 4 Issue: 16, pp. 323 – 335.
Co-Authors: C. B. Okoro

13. Okoro, C. (Summer 2010), “Philosophy, Nation Building and Youth Development” in The Journal of International Social Research (Ordu University, Ordu, Turkey), Vol. 3, Issue: 12, pp. 315 – 321.

14. Okoro, C. (June 2010), “Law and the State: a Philosophical Evaluation” in NEBULA: A Journal of Multidisciplinary Scholarship (ISSN- 14497751), Nebula: 7.1/7.2, pp. 136 – 157.

15. Okoro, C. B. (2010), “Ontological Clarification of Accountable Leadership” in Lagos Notes and Records: A Journal of the Faculty of Arts, Vol. 16, pp. 1 – 17.

16. Okoro, C. B. (August 2009), “The Metaphysics of Liberalism and the Deconstruction of the theory of Democracy” in Flash: Journal of Philosophy & Religion, Vol. 3, No. 1, pp. 31 – 45.

17. 1. Okoro, C. B. (2010), “Education and Nation-Building: A Philosophical Evaluation of the Nigerian Experience” in Afa Babalola and Education in Nigeria: An Expository Analysis (ed. Michael M. Ogbeidi), Ado-Ekiti: Afa Babalola University Press, pp. 83 – 108.

18. 2. Okoro, C. B. (2009), “Human Transcendence as the Basis of Human Development” in Re-visioning Humanistic Studies (ed. A. E. Eruvbetine & U Yakubu), Lagos: African Cultural Institute, pp. 20 – 35.

19. 3. Okoro, C. B. (2008), “World Orientations and the Problem of Terrorism: Need for Reorientation” in Global Understanding in the Age of Terrorism (ed. A. Olukoju and M Falaiye), Lagos: University of Lagos Press, pp. 33 – 58.

20. Okoro, Chiedozie, Philosophy and Economic Development: A Metaphysical Appraisal, Lagos: University of Lagos, Faculty of Arts, Monograph Series (No. 13, November 2011)
Co-Authors:

21. Okoro, Chiedozie (2011), ?Rationalism and Empiricism as Theories of Cognition? in Epistemology and Philosophy of History: A Critical Reader (ed. Chiedozie Okoro), Ilishan-Remo: Babcock University Press, pp. 33 - 105.
Co-Authors:

22. Okoro, Chiedozie (2011), ?Philosophy of History as a Theory of Cognition? in Epistemology and Philosophy of History: A Critical Reader (ed. Chiedozie Okoro), Ilishan-Remo: Babcock University Press, pp. 191 - 229.
Co-Authors:

23. Okoro, Chiedozie (2011), ?Logic: Its Scope and Nature? in Philosophy, Logic and Philosophy of Science (ed. F.N. Ndubuisi), Lagos: Department of Philosophy, University of Lagos, pp. 81 ? 98.
Co-Authors:

24. Okoro, Chiedozie (September 2011), "The Notion of Integrative Metaphysics and its Relevance to Contemporary World Order" in Integrative Humanism Journal (ISSN 2026 ? 6286), A Publication of the Department of Classics and Philosophy, University of Cape Coast, Ghana, Vol. 1: No. 2, pp. 3 - 28.
Co-Authors:

25. Okoro, Chiedozie (2011), "The Kemetic Civilisation and the Development of Contemporary Africa" in Egypt and her Neighbours: A Reader (ed. Michael M. Ogbeidi), Huston: African Diaspora Press, U.S.A., pp. 24 ? 56.

Looks like he goes in :whew:

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
I knew ALL about this for a while. Here's a documentary (already mentioned) that explains everything......

The Belgian Gov't. DID apologize (somewhat) and admitted they played a part in the assassination of Patrice Lumumba in 1961.

I absolutely HATE 'White' people.​

Daps
Reppin
Le Continent Noir
Not sure about that breh. Not that King Leopold is criticized as he should be, but I've never heard anyone calling him a "benevolent leader". You make it sound like he's a hero in Belgium or something.

Wrong, Wallonia (and Belgium by extension) was one of the richest regions in Western Europe thanks to the coal industry and the industrial revolution.

This is the thing: Belgium as a country had no regard on what was going on in Congo; legally, it was his personnal property, it was not a Belgian colony until later.

The other thing is that colonies were and are still mostly seen as having been the business of French-speaking Belgians. However, true power in Belgium has mostly been in the hand of Dutch-speaking Belgians, who just don't care either way for that part of Belgian history (since it was the time when Belgium was dominated by French-speakers) and are very reluctant to dig into historyin general since the Flemish movement has flirted with nazis during WW2. So history in general is still quite touchy in Belgium.

Well I went to Brussels and heard him as man who was painted as one who had bring colonization to eh modern-day DRC. Secondly, you know what would be the equivalent since you are saying that Belgian society is so ashamed of this guy it would the equivalent of Germany today having a statute of Adolf Hitler in its national museum. I have never been to Germany but I don't think they have a face statute of Adolf Hitler in its museums. Until the publication of Hitschild' book, there was no mention of the COnglese in Belgium's museum of the Royal Society of Central Africa never dealt with the atrocities done in Belgium. It certainly was not taught and I bet it still isn't taught in schools in Belgium. Those statutes of Leopold II on horses rewrite history and there is a list of WHITES who died while "civilizing" Congo which tranlsates that in COngo all the Belgium did was good.

Secondly, you cannot compare Wallonia to the British, French and Spanish and Portugal of Europe and their wealth at that point of history. Maybe saying that Belgium was a backwards country was a wrong choice of words but at that time it was incomparable to other European powers because those European powers had great amount of economic activity as a result of their presence in other parts of the world whether it be in the Americas or in Asia with East India company with Great Britain. That's why after Stanley went into the region he was trying so hard to build consensus and convince other powers to let him have it. But the current wealth of Belgium a great portion of it can be directly traced to the Congo Free State of 1885-1903 (I think) and further on holding to Congo as a colony until 1960.

mbewane

Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
Well I went to Brussels and heard him as man who was painted as one who had bring colonization to eh modern-day DRC. Secondly, you know what would be the equivalent since you are saying that Belgian society is so ashamed of this guy it would the equivalent of Germany today having a statute of Adolf Hitler in its national museum. I have never been to Germany but I don't think they have a face statute of Adolf Hitler in its museums. Until the publication of Hitschild' book, there was no mention of the COnglese in Belgium's museum of the Royal Society of Central Africa never dealt with the atrocities done in Belgium. It certainly was not taught and I bet it still isn't taught in schools in Belgium. Those statutes of Leopold II on horses rewrite history and there is a list of WHITES who died while "civilizing" Congo which tranlsates that in COngo all the Belgium did was good.

Secondly, you cannot compare Wallonia to the British, French and Spanish and Portugal of Europe and their wealth at that point of history. Maybe saying that Belgium was a backwards country was a wrong choice of words but at that time it was incomparable to other European powers because those European powers had great amount of economic activity as a result of their presence in other parts of the world whether it be in the Americas or in Asia with East India company with Great Britain. That's why after Stanley went into the region he was trying so hard to build consensus and convince other powers to let him have it. But the current wealth of Belgium a great portion of it can be directly traced to the Congo Free State of 1885-1903 (I think) and further on holding to Congo as a colony until 1960.

I guess you meant "brought civilization" to the Congo. Well, you'll hear the same in every single European country who had colonies. Sarkozy talked just a couple years ago of the "benefits" of colonization, and the US still thinks TODAY it can bomb countries into democracy. I did not study in Belgium but I know the atrocities are not taught, same in France, probably in Spain, Portugal, US, etc. Countries rarely teach their own atrocities.

But, again, I've lived for about ten years in Belgium and no one there is saying that he was a "benevolent" man, except for that old statue. Granted, we should be criticizing him, but no one is saying he was a great man, except maybe for the old white racist Belgian.

Comparing Hitler to Leopold, just as comparing Germany to Belgium doesn't really work, since Hitler killed many Germans too and his folies led to Germany losing WW2. Belgians didn't feel Leopold's craziness. Actually, most (including politicians) weren't aware of what was going on until later on. And politicans in general were against his project of having a colony (that's why it was his, not Belgium's) This does not mean that we should not be more critical of his acts and condemn them officialy, I'm just saying why it's nowhere on the political agenda. There are regular protests in front of his statue in Brussels, but no one (including the numerous Congolese community) really cares about it today. They focus more on Lumumba's assassination (the Belgian government has officialy admitted that it was involved and presented its excuses, but the town of Ixelles, situated in Brussels, refused to name a square after him. Contradictions.) or on the racism in Tintin au Congo.

Again, this is a country that can't even come to grips with its own history in WW2 because of the Flemish-Francophone divide.

Regarding Wallonia's (and Belgium) position around that time, Spain and Portugal were less rich (pro capita). Only France, GB, the Netherlands and Swizerland were richer. Again, the coal and mining industry, as well as general economic activity (Belgium was a brutally capitalistic society then, which paradoxically led to Wallonia being one of the most socialist regions now in Europe), ensured the high level of wealth early on, meaning before Leopold made Congo his colony.

However, it is correct to say that the current wealth of Belgium is vastly tied to the free capital flowing in from Congo during and after Leopold's reign. Belgium was rich before, and got even richer thanks to the oppression of the Congolese. Same as most european countries with colonies.