10 million+ killed Belgian genocide of Congo

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
It's a shame people don't know their own history. Yesterday I gave my sister a quick convo on Mali/Mansa Musa. She had no idea that Timbuktu was a real place, and not just a saying. Never mind the African Holocaust. I can't say anything because at one point I wasn't enlightened on much regarding us either. Funny how events involving our people (outside of slavery/civil rights) never make it into the school curriculum.

blackzeus

Superstar
Daps
I highly doubt they could kill 10 million people without the help of other blacks. Just the sheer numbers alone are insane, Belgium couldn't have had more than 100,000 soldiers in the Congo at any given time

bouncy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I highly doubt they could kill 10 million people without the help of other blacks. Just the sheer numbers alone are insane, Belgium couldn't have had more than 100,000 soldiers in the Congo at any given time
Damn, I was just thinking the same thing!

tater

Superstar
Daps
everyone interested on gaining some knowledge on the subject should read King Leopold's Ghost by Adam Hoschild
I heard about this book from a friend. She was telling about all the vile things that were done. I'm going to read it when I'm finished with my current read...

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
It's a shame people don't know their own history. Yesterday I gave my sister a quick convo on Mali/Mansa Musa. She had no idea that Timbuktu was a real place, and not just a saying. Never mind the African Holocaust. I can't say anything because at one point I wasn't enlightened on much regarding us either. Funny how events involving our people (outside of slavery/civil rights) never make it into the school curriculum.

What? How old is she, she ain't never seen a world map?

It wasn't Belgian soldiers doing the killing, it was mostly private companies operating in Leopold's Congo (again, it was not a Belgian colony at the time, but his own private property). And they were not massively shooting people, but working them to death. And of course executions of those who did not cooperate. So they didn't need to be that many, and anyway they had guns, locals didn't.

joeychizzle

光復香港,時代革命
Daps
Reppin
My Kinshasa breh hipped me. Had me vexed as fukk
History is written by the victors unfortunately:scusthov:

Daps
Reppin
Le Continent Noir
My Kinshasa breh hipped me. Had me vexed as fukk
History is written by the victors unfortunately:scusthov:

That country needs to get its act together for real it starts with their 2016 election. The president has been trying to mess around the constitution to extend his term hopefully they do what they did to Burkina dude

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
blackzeus said:

The 'soldiers' would kidnap an entire village's women/children/elderly and force the young adult/adult men to work to death.

If they didn't meet quotas, they started chopping off limbs or using infants/people for 'target practice' to 'encourage' them to work harder.

If the men couldn't pull their weight, they were just killed on the spot.

There wasn't much voluntary collusion on the part of the native populace.

Watch the doc I posted earlier for more details.​

JBoy

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
some sick shyt was done in Africa to get rubber, Firestone was almost as bad in Liberia they just did it without the body count

tmonster

Superstar
Daps
child_victim.jpg

you know how people keep trophies from their hunting like deer heads
what do you know about Belgian chocolate hands?

tmonster

Superstar
Daps
they had help from other black captives
and according to some sources, the number may be closer to 20million

Entropy Fan

Superstar
Daps

HIGHLY DOUBT????
seem eager to pass some blame to the victims of this holocaust.