10 million+ killed Belgian genocide of Congo

Entropy Fan

Superstar
Daps
I think it is all done to deflect from their inhumane treatment of people it's ironic this thread came up because I was watching BBC's History of Racism very well done documentary and I always thought that Germany was one of those EUropean countries that was not involved in Africa because they didn't have any colonies and some of my friends in the Army always said that the country was very receptive in the back of my head I always thought because it didn't have a colonial past but I heard about how Namibian genocide in the 1880s served as a precursor of what the Nazis did to the Jews

the spanish inquisition, crusades, american settlers, colonization of africa, nuking civilians in japan and justifying it, etc etc. There should be awareness of everything theyve done, it would be their worse nightmare. Just the spreading of info is dangerous to them

Daps
Reppin
Le Continent Noir
Get the fuk out of here :what:

repugnant fukks. They should be called out for that.

Yea man that's fukked up I know. That country is what it is today because of the Congo free state. It was a little backwards country in Europe with no resources and was competing with the other European powers and the COngo basically bailed them out and made it what it is today you go today there are big statutes of him in every museum but no mention of the evil instead of him being a humanitarian type of guy

Northern Son

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Yea man that's fukked up I know. That country is what it is today because of the Congo free state. It was a little backwards country in Europe with no resources and was competing with the other European powers and the COngo basically bailed them out and made it what it is today you go today there are big statutes of him in every museum but no mention of the evil instead of him being a humanitarian type of guy

I literally feel a bit sick hearing that. I just can't believe in 2014 a genocidal mass murderer piece of shyt like Leopold is glorified in the open like that, and no one calls the state of Belgium out for it.

Entropy Fan

Superstar
Daps
I literally feel a bit sick hearing that. I just can't believe in 2014 a genocidal mass murderer piece of shyt like Leopold is glorified in the open like that, and no one calls the state of Belgium out for it.

someone needs to get a hashtag trending. belgians need to be heavily vilified for that.

Put a spotlight on these demons

Entropy Fan

Superstar
Daps
Might as well spread the info to our fellow blacks only, cacs will forever deny deny deny, and at best just excuse the inexcusable as usual.

thats why im on here. #leopoldis hitler (combine both words,censor is messing with it since "shyt" is in word from "is" and "hitler" being combined
im gonna get it out to friends with alot of followers. im fairly new to twitter so i dont have many followers. Anyone wanna see if this can go anywhere? Just tweet that hashtag takes 5 seconds

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Le Continent Noir

Yea it's sad and my experience in Belgium opened my eyes a lot I used to date this girl who was there whose parents were from Congo. She put me on to all of this and did my own research because I was ignorant to it all also I usually thought that the relationship between Belgium was the common relationship between colonizers and colonized of Christian missionaries going into Africa trying to educate the people and steal some resources here and there make Africans change their names etc... But this one takes the cake and it is no wonder that the country today is the way it is due to a legacy of violence. The DRC is probably the country with largest mineral wealth in the world today despite the plunder but of course that doesn't mean shyt if you don't know how to take advantage of it. But back to Belgium, this girl used to tell me that Belgians used to get really upset about Congolese immigration there and I'm like the country basically created chaos in this African country and wants to get mad if these people want to survive and think there is a better life in Europe. The thing about Leopold is that he saw the Congo as HIS own personal property (country basically the size of Western Europe) therefore he was not accountable or had any sort of political pressure. The massacre stopped because some other European missionaries went there and saw really what was going on because he had told everybody that his reason for being in the Congo was fo humanitarian purposes and everybody believed him

Citi Trends

aka milobased
Daps
Reppin
C.I.T.I
Black life doesn't matter to the western world sadly. The Congo genocide and the Namibian genocide are written off by cacs as a result of natural selection and survival of the fittest.

lol
when blacks are murdered in droves its survival of the fittest when its whites its the evil terrorists coming to take freedoms

Shogun

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
King Leopold of Belgium killed 10-15 million people in Congo.......yet the west doesnt consider it a genocide

Genocide scholar Adam Jones comments, “The result was one of the most brutal and all-encompassing corvée institutions the world has known . . . Male rubber tappers and porters were mercilessly exploited and driven to death.”[6] Leopold's agents held the wives and children of these men hostage until they returned with their rubber quota.[5] Those who refused or failed to supply enough rubber often had their villages burned down, children murdered, and their hands cut off.[1,3]"

To prove the success of their patrols, soldiers were ordered to cut off and bring back dead victims’ right hands as proof that they had not wasted their bullets.[3] If their shots missed their targets or if they used cartridges on big game, soldiers would cut off the hands of the living and wounded to meet their quotas.[3]

“Everywhere I hear the same news of the Congo Free State – rubber and murder, slavery in its worst form.” This account was published in Century Magazine (1897) by E. J. Glave, a former CFS administrator

http://www.yale.edu/gsp/colonial/belgian_congo/

Yet it isnt even called a genocide or even taught in schools.
We know everything about the holocaust tho, and hear about it endlessly :wtb:
child_victim.jpg
You know for a fact that its not taught in schools?

Daps
Reppin
London
Not to defend these beasts, but Leopold II was forced to reliquish the Congo ( they considered the whole land his personal property, not even a colony :pacspit:) after these killings made an international scandal.

Punch_congo_rubber_cartoon.jpg

Cartoon from the early 20th century

TTT

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Leopold was also one of the principle movers of the Berlin Conference to subdivide the continent because the larger European powers had started following him to conquer territories and he would have been eventually pushed out.The Belgian government still tries to burnish his image and tries to rationalize his activities in Congo.