10 Reasons Lupe Fiasco Is Overrated

H.I.M.

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Article is poorly written, dude is trying to hard to be funny. :scusthov:

I think Food & Liquor is a classic, but he is overrated because he is cryptic and tries too hard to be super lyrical at times nobody trying to sit down and decipher bars and his try hard wordplay. Ab-Soul been on that try-hard wordplay shyt too. :scust:

I never had trouble understanding any of the All-Time greats and their tracks. Lupe be having nikkas doing mathematical equations and solving puzzles with his raps. :dead:

A lot of nikkas are talking about I need to read Rap Genius to understand Mural. :comeon:

Also, his ear for beats has always been inconsistent even his first two albums that are well regarded have iffy moments production wise. Lupe can flow, but he doesn't have the strongest voice or mic presence he's kinda like Wale in that regard.

Lupe is condescending he's waaaayyyy too gassed up.

Lastly his stans overrate him like crazy, some dude said prime Lupe makes Kendrick sound like Gucci Mane get the fukk outta here. :camby:

Ironic...given the fact that alot of Lupe's wordplay, punchlines, metaphors and references are reminiscent of Gucci Mane if you really pay attention :pachaha:

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
11. Got pressed out by a teenager in his own city and forced to cop pleas
12. Then was extorted into doing a feature with said teenager's weed carrier
13. Can't even get nikkas in his own city to listen to his music
14. Does the cac apologist soft shoe
15. Incomplete as a lyricist & MC

Lmao, for some reason this made me laugh out loud and found it hilarious lmao.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You could replace lupe names with Em and call it 9 reasons why Em is over rated.

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You could replace lupe names with Em and call it 9 reasons why Em is over rated.

There is a similarity in how they at times do pointless meaningless multies that people overrate, the beauty of multies is when it's potent, like how Big Pun did it, intricate as hell but substance filled and very effective.

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
People unfortunately have some basic fundamentals lacking from their knowledge base so impossible to debate cause they don't understand it at all.

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lmao at the irony of dudes hitting the :scust: face and asking "did a cac write this" when virtually every dude that gets in Lupe threads d!ckriding him is a cac poster that hardly anyone knows. The only recognizable non cac Lupe stan poster is that musty, dusty, immigrant @intilectual recipricol.

That's an interesting point, I've never heard of those posters before expect for the irrational p*ssy with the Nas obsession. Dude stans an artist who stans the rapper he hates the most lmao. There is nothing more pathetic than that lol, biggest L possible to take lol..

Foxmulder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Long Island,NY
He's overrated and underrated at the same time. Dude is nice but his Stan's go overboard. Check his new album thread. Dudes in their losing their minds.:heh:And people unfairly shyt on him a lot of times. He's a dope lyricist who some people just dismiss.:manny:

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Anyone who does think he's overrated go and read his album thread though lmao. Dudes are saying it's the best album of the decade lmao. 0.5 mic album to me, Yeezus might be better... so if that's the case I'm in the overrated camp. But at times he's underrated too, certain songs that are dope but not puzzle raps people underrate where he delivers, then overrate the puzzle raps simply because they are puzzle raps.

tweezy

Pro
Daps
Anyone who does think he's overrated go and read his album thread though lmao. Dudes are saying it's the best album of the decade lmao. 0.5 mic album to me, Yeezus might be better... so if that's the case I'm in the overrated camp. But at times he's underrated too, certain songs that are dope but not puzzle raps people underrate where he delivers, then overrate the puzzle raps simply because they are puzzle raps.
a lot of people are shytting on the album, it looks like only lupe fans like it

they gotta have that reality check when the hype dies down and when critics give it a 6 or 7/10