10 Year Anniversary Of The GOAT Trap Song Ever

Sankofa Alwayz

#FBADOS #B1 #D(M)V #KnowThyself #WaveGod
Daps
Reppin
Pretty Girl County, MD
The anthem of Summer 2010

I remember hearing the song for the first time omw home to the DMV with the fam from a trip to Atlantic City that summer. I recall vividly being mesmerized by the beat and the lyrics as we drove on a freeway bridge passing by Baltimore with its skyline lit up at night :wow: Good times

Sankofa Alwayz

Daps
Reppin
Pretty Girl County, MD
Teflon Don in general was such a game-changing album and a Trap music classic :wow:

Damn near every single song on there sounded like a movie, just like his Deeper Than Rap album.

Whenever you saw Lex Luger or JUSTICE LEAGUE in the production credits, you knew you was in for a smooth ass IMAX-quality experience :noah: Those were the days man

Sankofa Alwayz

Daps
Reppin
Pretty Girl County, MD
I think ya'll are missing the point. When Ross dropped "BMF", everybody from Lupe Fiasco to Rasheeda had their own version. There was even all female version of the song. Not only that, but for minute, it made Lex Luger a go to producer. This was the beginning of the oversaturation of the trap sound. After "BMF" and "MC Hammer" nearly every trap beat sounded like a Luger beat. Kanye even got Lex Luger to produce what at first was his follow up single (" See Me Now" featuring Charlie Wilson and Beyonce) to "Power" and the first single ("HAM") was produced by Luger. "BMF" elevated Ross and was a game changer.

Idk if it’s still on YouTube but there was this Cac rapper over in Eastern Europe (I think Ukraine, Bosnia, or Serbia) and he was blacking the fukk out on that BMF beat :russ:

trillanova

The Truth
Daps
As big as this song was, I didn't get it on why it blew up the way it did..

I actually liked MC Hammer more too.. Still do...

And I'm Not A Star>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Somebody lied

:banderas:

• Dap
Reactions: 904
Daps
Rick_Ross_The_Albert_Anastasia_Ep-front-large.jpg

I preferred the version on here. Few times in life I can recall playing a song and people you don’t know stopping to ask who that is