10 year old cashes in on GameStop stock

Olmec

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Hidden Temple
lmaooo that’s all I needed to know...GME would have to hit $3253/share for you to get an equivalent return on your money but you shaking your head tho lol

all the other shyt I don’t care about but as I said you can kick it off when you’re ready

you might be slow lol. you know it's easy to have many more shares at that $61 price right? i can tell you don't invest I'll let you cook man.

happy he could cashout at 3K :salute:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
you might be slow lol. you know it's easy to have many more shares at that $61 price right?

...and I know you are after this post bcuz I don’t think you understood what I meant by an equivalent return...still waiting for you to kick things off tho lmao

Won Won

Superstar
Daps
I find this story sad tbh. This is why we don't make long money.

They put the 2k he gained into a savings going towards his education or whatever that bullshyt article said.
They could've held on and financed education and land for their entire family. Could've been set for life.

Held on to 10 shares to buy family land? What :mjlol:

Olmec

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Hidden Temple
...and I know you are after this post bcuz I don’t think you understand what I mean by an equivalent return...still waiting for you to kick things off tho lmao

it would be shadow boxing. do you man, just keep your money in savings. i'm not a financial advisor :yeshrug:

Dr. Acula

ACCEPT JESUS
Supporter
Daps
I find this story sad tbh. This is why we don't make long money.

They put the 2k he gained into a savings going towards his education or whatever that bullshyt article said.
They could've held on and financed education and land for their entire family. Could've been set for life.
:unimpressed: The constant nitpicking of everything black folks do by other black folks is killing us too.
The money was invested as a learning tool for a kid. They weren't trying to make a shyt-ton of money for the whole family with the small amount of money used to teach breh a lesson. From what I gather in the article, the mother is already an investor who was just drawing her son into the game to get him educated. That seems like that was accomplished here. I'm sure she has her own investments outside of this.

Nina, Jaydyn's mom, said her son is her "duplicate" and learns alongside her, even about trading. For Kwanzaa 2019, she wanted to give her son a gift reflective of Ujamaa, one of the seven principles of the festival which focuses on cooperative economics. Nina bought Jaydyn 10 GameStop shares for $6 each and printed off a certificate she found online to give him something to unwrap. The smile he flashed in the 2019 holiday photo is even bigger now, after selling for a little under $3,200 Wednesday morning.

But of course the hater's have to come on "THATS NICE BUT THIS IS WHY ITS BAD!".:martin:

On top of that, if I was little dude and flipped 60 bucks into 3200, I'd be hooked on doing this some more. There will be more stocks besides Gamestop in the future and given this seed the mother helped plant in the son, he is probably going to be on top of those too if he keeps it up and get a chance to make some more money. The Gamestop thing isn't a lesson in long-term investment it is a lesson in the short-term gambling nature of investing. Luckily breh was already in on this stock 2 years ago and it paid off.

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
:unimpressed: The constant nitpicking of everything black folks do by other black folks is killing us too.
The money was invested as a learning tool for a kid. They weren't trying to make a shyt-ton of money for the whole family with the small amount of money used to teach breh a lesson. From what I gather in the article, the mother is already an investor who was just drawing her son into the game to get him educated. That seems like that was accomplished here. I'm sure she has her own investments outside of this.

But of course the hater's have to come on "THATS NICE BUT THIS IS WHY ITS BAD!".:martin:

On top of that, if I was little dude and flipped 60 bucks into 3200, I'd be hooked on doing this some more. There will be more stocks besides Gamestop in the future and given this seed the mother helped plant in the son, he is probably going to be on top of those too if he keeps it up and get a chance to make some more money. The Gamestop thing isn't a lesson in long-term investment it is a lesson in the short-term gambling nature of investing. Luckily breh was already in on this stock 2 years ago and it paid off.

The family completed the mission and lil man now has the confidence to keep going with investing his money :wow:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I respect you at least showing and proving

my main point was what that mom encouraged her 10 y/o son to do is absolutely nothing to sneeze at

non gme and after transfer. your go.

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps
lol, want to compare investments?

sure...go ahead and kick it off...but what price did you buy in at? that’s more relevant to the discussion and you shaking your head at a 10 y/o whose mom bought him shares at $6 that he sold for $320 each bcuz he capitalized off a short-term phenomenon

:mjlol:

Eh6c.gif

This the first time in a long time I'm actively reading/watching threads, loving the way how most everyone trying to help/motivate folk to finally get on this stock shyt and I really wish y'all nikkas would put egos and differences aside and just continue to be helpful to the folk finally looking to go past the wading point...like for real for real. Let's make this shyt a movement, not a competition.​

Olmec

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Hidden Temple

Eh6c.gif

This the first time in a long time I'm actively reading/watching threads, loving the way how most everyone trying to help/motivate folk to finally get on this stock shyt and I really wish y'all nikkas would put egos and differences aside and just continue to be helpful to the folk finally looking to past the wading point...like for real for real. Let's make this shyt a movement, not a competition.

you right, that's my fault. I'm falling back.