10 Years Later, Is Dark Knight Still The Best?

Is Dark Knight Still The Best?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I cannot believe it's been already 10 years. This movie doesn't even LOOK dated and just as relevant today as it was when it was 1st released. Team Nolan was in a zone when they made this masterpiece. Logan is the only film to come close and Black Panther after that.

Alpha Male

Spare me your daps
Daps
@MartyMcFly

wanted to ask a question and have a discussion but didn't see the need to start another thread.

in your opinion why do you think the joker wanted batman to run him down with his batpod?

ZYNwDn7.gif

like i get that his prime motive is to corrupt batman and prove him to be a hypocrite, but wouldn't that essentially just put an end to his evil schemes? if joker is killed there how will he ever get to carry out his master plan regarding harvey and all that?

mind you i think heath's joker is one of the all time greatest villains... just this little nugget right here still kinda confuses me. deep down i can't imagine that joker would ACTUALLY want to die there.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
@MartyMcFly

wanted to ask a question and have a discussion but didn't see the need to start another thread.

in your opinion why do you think the joker wanted batman to run him down with his batpod?

ZYNwDn7.gif

like i get that his prime motive is to corrupt batman and prove him to be a hypocrite, but wouldn't that essentially just put an end to his evil schemes? if joker is killed there how will he ever get to carry out his master plan regarding harvey and all that?

mind you i think heath's joker is one of the all time greatest villains... just this little nugget right here still kinda confuses me. deep down i can't imagine that joker would ACTUALLY want to die there.

The whole point of his scheme was to prove everyone is just like him. Harvey was always the the long con. If he could break Batman before then, even better. I think he would’ve gladly sacrificed himself if it meant proving Batman could break his one rule and be just like he thinks the world is. It’s more philosophy at that point and principle

Alpha Male

Spare me your daps
Daps
The whole point of his scheme was to prove everyone is just like him. Harvey was always the the long con. If he could break Batman before then, even better. I think he would’ve gladly sacrificed himself if it meant proving Batman could break his one rule and be just like he thinks the world is. It’s more philosophy at that point and principle

so above all else, would you argue that this joker's ULTIMATE motive is to get batman to kill?

above ruling gotham? above turning gotham into an anarchist paradise?

DMZ

Pro
Daps
i always preferred batman begins tbh

i'd take the incredibles over the dark knight too if that counts.

TDK still one of the GOATs when it comes to this comic book movie shyt of course

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
so above all else, would you argue that this joker's ULTIMATE motive is to get batman to kill?

above ruling gotham? above turning gotham into an anarchist paradise?

I think it’s the latter. He doesn’t want to rule Gotham at all in my mind. He wants to prove a point. And if ruling Gotham comes along with that, okay cool. But ultimately it’s to prove the world is as fukked up as he is

Alpha Male

Spare me your daps
Daps
I think it’s the latter. He doesn’t want to rule Gotham at all in my mind. He wants to prove a point. And if ruling Gotham comes along with that, okay cool. But ultimately it’s to prove the world is as fukked up as he is

right i agree but if batman runs him over right there, he'll never get to prove anything to anyone other than batman.

which may or may not be enough for him i suppose.

DMZ

Pro
Daps
also, since MCU films getting brought up, the only one that has a shot at GOAT status imo is Civil War. The rest of em can hit the bushes because they aint seeing TDK :camby:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
right i agree but if batman runs him over right there, he'll never get to prove anything to anyone other than batman.

which may or may not be enough for him i suppose.

Nah I mean Batman can’t hide the fact he killed the guy. Or at least he wouldn’t. There would be news coverage. But then again maybe you’re right. Their relationship has always been deeply personal and weird so maybe proving it to Batman and Batman alone is good enough

Alpha Male

Spare me your daps
Daps
Nah I mean Batman can’t hide the fact he killed the guy. Or at least he wouldn’t. There would be news coverage. But then again maybe you’re right. Their relationship has always been deeply personal and weird so maybe proving it to Batman and Batman alone is good enough

batman can cover it up easily, he's batman. or he could claim that joker committed suicide by jumping in front of him. either way i'm sure the people of gotham would be relieved to hear that joker was taken out. the bigger issue is the effect it would have on batman himself, which again could be all that joker is after.

mind you in reality i think it's ridiculous that batman doesn't kill joker, and the only reason a "no kill" rule exists in the first place is because of $$$ and the fact that comic companies want to keep bringing back popular villains... although TDK makes a strong case for it's legitimacy.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
batman can cover it up easily, he's batman. or he could claim that joker committed suicide by jumping in front of him. either way i'm sure the people of gotham would be relieved to hear that joker was taken out. the bigger issue is the effect it would have on batman himself, which again could be all that joker is after.

mind you in reality i think it's ridiculous that batman doesn't kill joker, and the only reason a "no kill" rule exists in the first place is because of $$$ and the fact that comic companies want to keep bringing back popular villains... although TDK makes a strong case for it's legitimacy.

He can but I don’t think he would. I think he’s fine with taking the blame for a killing in order to protect the greater good but there’s a righteous bent to Batman. If he kills someone he’s going to confess to it because he has to be a symbol to the people

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
also, since MCU films getting brought up, the only one that has a shot at GOAT status imo is Civil War. The rest of em can hit the bushes because they aint seeing TDK :camby:

TDK is still that film that was everything a sequel should be in a comic book character: tight cohesive story, character development, (ir)rationalities on their motivations, and themes that still hold true today (security vs freedom)

Pirius Black

Superstar
Daps
Weakest part of the Dark Knight is Batman and the ending. The movie drags when Heath Ledger is not on screen and Bales Batman is getting blown off the screen whenever they share screen time. Batman is boring and seems ancillary to his own movie. Plus, for a guy whose supposed to be a great detective, he is consistently behind the entire movie. The ending was was a mess. I think people overrated it due to Heath Ledger dying and the strength of his Joker performance . Plus the fight choreography is horrible with alot of cutaway that make it hard to track the action. It has a slight edge of Black Panther due to the strength of Ledgers Joker but honestly, I probably enjoyed Winter Soldier and Black Panther more.