10 Years Later, Is Dark Knight Still The Best?

Is Dark Knight Still The Best?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Yes:ahh:

Only the first Avengers, Winter Solider, Civil War, Spider Verse are close as the other comic book movies just under it
Dark Knight Rises (really), Black Panther (wondering how this will age despite the black excellence), Wonder Woman Infiinity War are just under that but thats just me

Edit: Forgot Logan but still I put TDK ahead

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Black Panther beats it as a film, only because Dark Knight had just a couple borderline cringeworthy scenes trying to hold true to its "comic book roots." Whereas Black Panther was almost flawless from beginning to end.

I'd have to watch Winter Soldier a couple more times before I can put it on the same pedestal as those two. Logan almost feels like its own category, the filmmaking/feel was amazing but the plot and message were lacking compared to the top two. I don't think any of the other Avengers films were even close to the level of Black Panther and Winter Soldier, to me the first Avengers is way overrated and Civil War was disappointing.

B!tchuoffendingme

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GTA
Its still the best but BP1 wasnt THAT far behind it and that was Ryan Coogler's FIRST attempt at a comic book movie. I think Coogler has a shot to make the GOAT comic book movie with BP2, it depends how he plays his hand. The good thing is that Disney will let him do whatever he wants in the editing room and money and budgetary constraints will be non-existent this time around.

B!tchuoffendingme

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GTA
Dark Knight is the best comic movie

Winter Soldier is second

Cap has the best trilogy though..

Winter Soldier & Civil War :ohlawd:
:mjlol:
That movie has great fight sequences and camera work, but the story is only serviceable and the antagonists are just about the most generic comic book villains you could ever have. A sceret Nazi cabal and a supersoldier with a bionic arm? How gripping.
:comeon:

Man of Steel is better than just about every Marvel film outside of BP.

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
Who is putting any CBM above Infinity War?

Looks like this thread was made before the movie, but still

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Who is putting any CBM above Infinity War?

Looks like this thread was made before the movie, but still

Nope I stand by it. Dark knight is better than infinity war for my money. Doesn’t mean infinity war is wack or anything close to it. But as a narrative and a satisfying experience, dark knight is the more compelling story for me

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
Nope I stand by it. Dark knight is better than infinity war for my money. Doesn’t mean infinity war is wack or anything close to it. But as a narrative and a satisfying experience, dark knight is the more compelling story for me

What's the story of the Dark Knight?

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
What's the story of the Dark Knight?

Organized crime recruits a terrorist to take down Batman and return the city back to them and it costs Batman, and the city, a whole lot to stop him.

That’s just the elevator version of it. But the questions it asks about terrorism and how one fights that terrorism, what lines are we willing to cross for protection and how much of our freedoms are we willing to give up, along with questioning our “heroes” just always works for me.

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
Organized crime recruits a terrorist to take down Batman and return the city back to them and it costs Batman, and the city, a whole lot to stop him.

That’s just the elevator version of it. But the questions it asks about terrorism and how one fights that terrorism, what lines are we willing to cross for protection and how much of our freedoms are we willing to give up, along with questioning our “heroes” just always works for me.

A bad guy who's just a bad guy for the hell of it shows up out of nowhere and just starts blowing shyt up.

Sounds familiar. Where have I seen that before..

Like 90% of comic related material

I like the movie and all but Joker is not some clever piece of writing. He's insane and just does anything at any time. For no reason