10 Years Later, Is Dark Knight Still The Best?

Is Dark Knight Still The Best?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

LiveFromLondon

Superstar
Daps
I'm one of those weird people who thought Batman Begins was a better film

Dark Knight was simply a good film that happened to drop at a time when the Batman hype was at an all time high and Heath Ledger had just died so there was alot of hype and it delivered on the hype

but I still prefer Begins

:manny:

I've seen a lot of people say they prefer Batman Begins to the Dark Knight. I'll give BB this, it had a tighter story than the Dark Knight. Batman Begins probably had the least amount of plotholes in a super hero flick I've ever seen. Just a very well thought out plot where everything is explained (arguably to a fault) and everything makes sense. Having said all that, some of the dialogue in BB is terrible, I put that mostly on Goyer who is typically great with story but horrible with dialogue. The Dark Knight's dialogue is vastly superior mainly because Goyer only handled the story for that one while the Nolans did the script. Aside from all that, the Dark Knight just looks better, much better cinematography and feel. And while the fight scenes in both are trash, the action scenes in the Dark Knight are way better. Just compare the rooftop chase in BB to the SWAT team and tanker truck chase in the Dark Knight. You could tell Nolan had become much more comfortable directing action scenes at that point.

Batman Begins had an excellent first half but then becomes a bit average the second half. The Dark Knight just keeps getting better and better as the film goes on and the tension rises.

Then there's the obvious. Ledger just elevated the Dark Knight so much that I could never put BB over it.

For me it's, Batman Begins: 8/10, The Dark Knight: 9.5/10, The Dark Knight Rises: 6.5/10
In terms of out and out comic book flicks, Batman Begins is the bettter film.
Also Nicholsons Joker >>>>>>>>> Ledger's :stopitslime::stopitslime::stopitslime::stopitslime::stopitslime::stopitslime::stopitslime::stopitslime::stopitslime::stopitslime::stopitslime::stopitslime::stopitslime::stopitslime::stopitslime::stopitslime::stopitslime::stopitslime:

Last edited:

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Also Nicholsons Joker >>>>>>>>> Ledger's

tenor.gif

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Daps
I dont get the killmonger vs joker comments, killmongers was more relatable and had noble intentions, joker wanted all out anarchy for kicks

Last edited:

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
A lot has happened since 2008. At the time and for a few years after, the general consensus was that Dark Knight is the best comic book flick ever. Obviously not everyone feels that way but again, just the general consensus here.

But is it still that way? And if not, what now stands on top of the comic book flick mountain? Or yeah, is dark knight still the pinnacle? Been thinking about this lately and wanted to get the film room’s thoughts.
When I rewatched the Nolan Batman Trilogy back in 2012 or 2013, I realized that "Batman Begins" was slept on and felt it was coinflip between BB & TDK being the best movie in the trilogy. So if TDK isn't even definitively the best movie in that Trilogy, I can't say it's the best movie.

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
It is by far my favorite superhero film of all time

If Heath Ledger didn't die, I don't think DC would be in such dire straits, and Dark Knight Rises would have better than it was

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
In terms of out and out comic book flicks, Batman Begins is the bettter film.
Also Nicholsons Joker >>>>>>>>> Ledger's :stopitslime::stopitslime::stopitslime::stopitslime::stopitslime::stopitslime::stopitslime::stopitslime::stopitslime::stopitslime::stopitslime::stopitslime::stopitslime::stopitslime::stopitslime::stopitslime::stopitslime::stopitslime:
Sorry breh

Ledgers Joker captured the character better

Jacks was memorable...yes...but Ledger's Joker did what the comics do.

That interrogation scene? THAT is Batman vs. Joker. PERIOD.

LiveFromLondon

Superstar
Daps
Sorry breh

Ledgers Joker captured the character better

Jacks was memorable...yes...but Ledger's Joker did what the comics do.

That interrogation scene? THAT is Batman vs. Joker. PERIOD.
Nicholsons Joker coulda been a movie by itself, Ledgers Joker seemed too beholden to Batman and too eager to get his attention. nikka Jack just had too much sauce and many classic scenes by himself. Though I'm not saying Ledger didnt classic scenes but everytime Jack was on screen it felt like a moment, that dinner date:mjlol: crap, crap, crap, crap:ahh:; He stole My Balloons and whole carnival scene, and a host of others.

Daps
A lot has happened since 2008. At the time and for a few years after, the general consensus was that Dark Knight is the best comic book flick ever. Obviously not everyone feels that way but again, just the general consensus here.

But is it still that way? And if not, what now stands on top of the comic book flick mountain? Or yeah, is dark knight still the pinnacle? Been thinking about this lately and wanted to get the film room’s thoughts.
Yes.
Oscar worthy acting. Realistic depiction that's doesnt venture to far out into fantasy.
The greatest villain of all time in movie history, the absolute greatest.
Movie is 10/10 and a top 30 movie in history frfr

Nothing has come remotely close to how good this movie is.

The new marvel movies are good, some are even great.

but this shyt is up there. I love Iron man 1 and guardians of the galaxy but I cant feel comfortable saying they're up there with the greatest movies of all time.

The Dark knight is something you can assert into that conversation and not be embarrassed.

Daps
I dont get the killmonger vs joker comments, killmongers was more relatable and had noble intentions, joker wanted all out anarchy for kicks

There shouldn't be a comparison at fukking all.

Killmonger is the best marvel villain but the bar is set so fukking low. He just had to have reasonable intentions and not be a corny muhfukka. It's a big improvement for marvel but when you throw him in the ring with Ledger's joker, that'sa wrap.

Ledger's joker is the best villain of all time in history. Those two can't be compared in quality, or motivation really they're complete opposites.

People just comparing shyt to compare them is one of the dumbest factors in society today.

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
BP, Logan, Winter Soldier, and a few others >>>

I really didnt care for Bales acting as Batman or any of the action, had Bats looking like a club fighter out there.