10 Years Later, Is Dark Knight Still The Best?

Is Dark Knight Still The Best?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
It's an entertaining film driven by a truly remarkable acting performance from Ledger, I enjoyed it in the theater...but repeat viewings made the flaws quite clear. Specifically the writing. The dialogue is often very ham fisted, on the nose, preachy, etc. It often doesn't feel like anything a real person would say. Especially Batman and Dent's lines.

Also I found the climax to be disappointing. Specially the boat shyt. Just...corny.

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
which version?

1957 but the remake is decent.

12 Angry Men is my fav. movie but its also a movie I'd liked to see remade every 5 years because its basically a play and can be made cheaply, like a TV special. The script is so good and it would be a good chance to see what actor can really do with dialogue alone. I've twice casted 12 Angry Men.

GTKwS0Y.png

CnwJqQaWgAE7ptM.jpg:large

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
1957 but the remake is decent.

12 Angry Men is my fav. movie but its also a movie I'd liked to see remade every 5 years because its basically a play and can be made cheaply, like a TV special. The script is so good and it would be a good chance to see what actor can really do with dialogue alone. I've twice casted 12 Angry Men.

Original. She had us watch it as an illustration of persuasive speech.

I then gave a speech on why Spider-Man 2 was the greatest comic book movie ever:russ:

the original was just on about 2 weeks ago ... i caught it about half way when the room got hot .... then I searched dish for the replay and NONE..

I know showtime had the one in 1997 ...

I think Netflix or Amazon should do a new version

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
It's an entertaining film driven by a truly remarkable acting performance from Ledger, I enjoyed it in the theater...but repeat viewings made the flaws quite clear. Specifically the writing. The dialogue is often very ham fisted, on the nose, preachy, etc. It often doesn't feel like anything a real person would say. Especially Batman and Dent's lines.

Also I found the climax to be disappointing. Specially the boat shyt. Just...corny.

I feel you on that but I don't really care if dialogue isn't "realistic" as long as, for lack of a better word, characters got BARS. I'm trying to hear some next level shyt....I can hear how regular people talk by going to the grocery store.

Fred.

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
The overrating of black panther is ridiculous. :beli: shyt ain't even been out a month.

I knew The Dark Knight was special after my second viewing while it was still in theaters. Same thing with Black Panther.

My top 5 is

1. The Dark Knight
2. Black Panther
3. Batman Begins
4. Captain America: Winter Soldier
5. Captain America: Civil War

I've seen TDK countless times and it still holds up, so it's gonna take more than 2 showings of BP for me to budge, but the movie is AMAZING.

The guy who said he hadn't enjoyed a movie as much as BP and wanted to see it again as eagerly since TDK, I feel that cuz it's exactly how I feel to a T.

I think it's overrated. Bale's Batman is hot trash. Heath Ledger carried that movie. I dug the first one more.

If Bale's Batman is trash, then why would you think the movie that focuses solely on him is better :lupe:

The War Report

NewNewYork
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
I knew The Dark Knight was special after my second viewing while it was still in theaters. Same thing with Black Panther.

My top 5 is

1. The Dark Knight
2. Black Panther
3. Batman Begins
4. Captain America: Winter Soldier
5. Captain America: Civil War

I've seen TDK countless times and it still holds up, so it's gonna take more than 2 showings of BP for me to budge, but the movie is AMAZING.

The guy who said he hadn't enjoyed a movie as much as BP and wanted to see it again as eagerly since TDK, I feel that cuz it's exactly how I feel to a T.

If Bale's Batman is trash, then why would you think the movie that focuses solely on him is better :lupe:

It's all relative. :jawalrus:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Original. She had us watch it as an illustration of persuasive speech.

I then gave a speech on why Spider-Man 2 was the greatest comic book movie ever:russ:
I used to use jay-Z album titles for my papers in high school :laff:

S2 still top 5 for me