10 Years Later, Is Dark Knight Still The Best?

Is Dark Knight Still The Best?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
TDK still the best...

Somethings haven't aged as well, but its still the best overall.

I think TDK is a better movie, but I can understand those who think BB is a better Batman movie.

However, if BP just had better CGI/action and 15 more mins of run time :banderas::to:

Just needed a better 3rd act climax for real. Probably one lesss reliant on CG but with the same personal stakes. That’s why dark knights climax works because it’s all personal shyt without looking too cartoony and not being this huge battle.

Dark knight got away with meh fight scenes so panther can skate on that as well. But essentially the third act themes are the same for both movies: a battle for the soul of this perspective place and what type of people are they going to be? Killmonger and joker both want to prove their way of thinking is correct and that Bruce and T’Challa are outdated and wrong.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Nothing. I'm saying it was the undisputed best before and now there are a handful of movies that I'd consider just as good, if not better.

Fred.

Yeah I’d consider the ones you listed as possibly on the same footing but not better. Can’t cross that bridge yet. I might in a few years or if they have the same staying power for me. I’ve watched dark knight for 10 years now and haven’t gotten tired of it

• Dap
Reactions: hex

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Yeah I’d consider the ones you listed as possibly on the same footing but not better. Can’t cross that bridge yet. I might in a few years or if they have the same staying power for me. I’ve watched dark knight for 10 years now and haven’t gotten tired of it

This is just how my mind works....but when I seen "The Winter Soldier" (for example) I immediately thought it was on the level of "The Dark Knight". And in the 4 years since then I haven't even briefly second guessed that.

Now, I'm not going to listen to an album or go see a movie and 5 minutes later say it's classic, GOAT status or anything like that....but as far as my own personal opinion, how I initially judge things, I rarely if ever waver from that. So 5, 10, 15 years, isn't going to make much difference for me.

Fred.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
This is just how my mind works....but when I seen "The Winter Soldier" (for example) I immediately thought it was on the level of "The Dark Knight". And in the 4 years since then I haven't even briefly second guessed that.

Now, I'm not going to listen to an album or go see a movie and 5 minutes later say it's classic, GOAT status or anything like that....but as far as my own personal opinion, how I initially judge things, I rarely if ever waver from that. So 5, 10, 15 years, isn't going to make much difference for me.

Fred.

Word I feel that. I rarely do that lol. Like it’s happened but it’s really really rare for me when it does. Like I can immediately tell if I love something but I don’t really rank it instantly. I gotta take my time with it. And see how it marinates for me etc

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky

Fred.
I can put Logan up there because I love it's brutality and overall grittyness and consequences. Winter soldier does nothing for me for some reason and mainly just bores me or maybe it's because I just don't give a rat's ass about Captain America. That's probably it.

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
Brace yourself...

giphy.gif

Don't get me wrong, The Godfather is good film. It's probably in my top 100.

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
It's no longer the best but it's still among the best. I'd put "Logan", "The Winter Soldier", "Black Panther" and "Civil War" right next to it.

"The Dark Knight Rises" was awful. Let's keep it real here.

None of this matters though because Thanos is about to crush the buildings.

7rqhDk7.gif

Fred.

My thoughts exactly minus IW, gotta manage those expectations. :mjcry:

But on some real shyt, if you're a listener/gamer/reader/film head, you just know when you partake in something special. It's like meeting your other half, there's no analysis, no waiting period, you can feel that shyt immediately and you know it's different from anything else. That feeling is what sets those rare instances apart from everything else.

:blessed:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
My thoughts exactly minus IW, gotta manage those expectations. :mjcry:

But on some real shyt, if you're a listener/gamer/reader/film head, you just know when you partake in something special. It's like meeting your other half, there's no analysis, no waiting period, you can feel that shyt immediately and you know it's different from anything else. That feeling is what sets those rare instances apart from everything else.

:blessed:

See that I get. The feeling shyt. But my brain won’t let me start comparing and ranking shyt in my head like that until I sit with it for a minute. I’m impetuous only to a point. When it comes to start comparing and contrasting I get real philosophical and intellectual. Like when I saw panther I knew that shyt was special. That was a feeling I had instantly. But do I think it’s better than dark knight? Not yet. Could be. But not yet. Like I told @hex ive had 10 years to sit with dark knight and explore it and rewatch it and even used it for part of my graduate thesis.

Like when I listened to the blueprint back in 01 I knew that shyt was special. Like extremely special. shyt Momma Loves Me still brings me to tears. But I wasn’t ready to say it’s better than reasonable doubt at the time :russ:

Now? I’m more inclined to at least consider it is better although I prefer the former