10 Years Later, Is Dark Knight Still The Best?

Is Dark Knight Still The Best?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
The Dark Knight shouldn't be compared to The Godfather because The Dark Knight is a so much better film.

Brace yourself...

giphy.gif

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
It's been 10 years already :damn:

I still remember participating in the viral marketing leading up to the event. :wow: I don't think any movie has been able to match it.

It's a pity that none of those sites are around anymore, because that would be fun to look back on.

Last edited:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
TDK still the best...

Somethings haven't aged as well, but its still the best overall.

I think TDK is a better movie, but I can understand those who think BB is a better Batman movie.

However, if BP just had better CGI/action and 15 more mins of run time :banderas::to:

Last edited:

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
TDK still the best...

Somethings haven't aged as well, but its still the best overall.

However, if BP just had better CGI/action :banderas::to:
I liked the South Korea scenes. The ending battle and final fight reminded me of a star wars battle, switching between several different sequences including the drone chase scenes with the white dude. I was hoping for something less cliche.

Part 2 will hopefully up the ante and I am sure it will.

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
See I disagree with that. Batman’s source is pulp novels. And there are plenty of Batman comics that are right in line with the dark knight tonally. Long Halloween being the most obvious culprit. So to say it doesn’t have any comic elements doesn’t feel right to me. It feels completely apt to a Batman comic.

The idea that a comic book movie had to have certain things to be a comic book movie flies in the face of guys like Stan Lee and Gerry Conway and frank miller and Alan Moore. They were all told what a comic book had to be or what it was and said “nah” and decided to do their own thing to elevate the medium.

Dark knight elevates the medium in the same way lee did by saying you can have flawed protagonists or make political statements. Same way Moore did with watchmen and the same way Conway did by saying the hero doesn’t always win and will suffer true loss.

Dark knight keeps its feet in the real world but always draws from comics for parallels or tone. The trifecta between Gordon, dent, and Batman is right out of the comic book, along with Harvey’s descent to becoming two face. And even if the joker is now an allegory for a terrorist, he’s still in line with the comics from a character standpoint.
I still remember participating in the viral marketing leading up to the event. :wow: I don't think any movie has been able to match it.

It's a pity that none of those sites are around anymore, because that would be fun to look back on.

I remember that shyt and how there was a rush to see I am legend so we could see the trailer.:wow:

Oh and Superherohype is still around but it’s trashas fukk and you get banned quickly if your chain of thought strays from the collective.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
It's no longer the best but it's still among the best. I'd put "Logan", "The Winter Soldier", "Black Panther" and "Civil War" right next to it.

"The Dark Knight Rises" was awful. Let's keep it real here.

None of this matters though because Thanos is about to crush the buildings.

7rqhDk7.gif

Fred.

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
As much as I liked TDK, the biggest thing that hurts it from being a GOAT film imo is that rushed ending with Two-Face. I feel like it should’ve ended with Two-Face killing that dirty cop at the bar. Dark Knight Rises should’ve been Batman battling Two-Face and Bane taking advantage of a broken Batman and Gotham mentally and physically after their hero became one of the city’s biggest threats.
I totally forgot Two Face was in that movie :bryan:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
It's no longer the best but it's still among the best. I'd put "Logan", "The Winter Soldier", "Black Panther" and "Civil War" right next to it.

"The Dark Knight Rises" was awful. Let's keep it real here.

None of this matters though because Thanos is about to crush the buildings.

7rqhDk7.gif

Fred.

Well if you’re putting those next to it what’s above it?