1917 Trailer (2019) (Dir by: Sam Mendes) (Richard Madden, Benedict Cumberbatch, Colin Firth)

Daps
Cinematic masterpiece. Story was dull though. We’ve seen this story before. The interactions between the main characters and the enemy were foolish.

Seriously they had planes flying around why not just have one of them fly over the front lines and throw a bunch of copies of the letter onto the trenches saying don’t advance?!! It would have been faster than 9 hrs. I know the telegraph lines were cut but damn nobody had a horse or motorcycle?

didn’t know they had flashlights in WW1 either for some reason never thought about it.

they say WW1 was the worst war fought as far as terrors and PTSD. They had weapons of mass destruction but people still fought old school charging at each other. The carnage was insane. Plus lots of disease due to poor sanitation and lack of food. The didn’t use the term shell shocked until WW1.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
Cinematic masterpiece. Story was dull though. We’ve seen this story before. The interactions between the main characters and the enemy were foolish.

Seriously they had planes flying around why not just have one of them fly over the front lines and throw a bunch of copies of the letter onto the trenches saying don’t advance?!! It would have been faster than 9 hrs. I know the telegraph lines were cut but damn nobody had a horse or motorcycle?

didn’t know they had flashlights in WW1 either for some reason never thought about it.

they say WW1 was the worst war fought as far as terrors and PTSD. They had weapons of mass destruction but people still fought old school charging at each other. The carnage was insane. Plus lots of disease due to poor sanitation and lack of food. The didn’t use the term shell shocked until WW1.

Yeah that first enemy interaction was stupid but he was young :manny:

BobbyBooshay

Arnold Jackson
Daps
Reppin
London
Just saw it in 4DX, def recommend watching it like that really adds to the immersion of the film, literally jumped out seat twice lol.

Will clean up for visuals etc for sure, the one shot style like Birdman and an ep of Mr Robot was amazing and makes you feel like your there.

One gripe, Sam Mendes wants us to think a Lannister and Stark are brothers
:troll:

HomieSoprano

Whattaya hear, whattaya say?
Daps
Reppin
Northeast Ohio
This was great! Knowing about the “one-shot take” and hearing so many good things about the score made the watching experience that much better. I can appreciate what Mendes did and how he pulled it off. He an the movie are deserving of all the praise.

CBalla

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
was this shot like dunkirk

i hated that movie and its style