• Grambling

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Paradise50

Superstar
Daps
Eagles huh?:scust:

Only good thing is my child mother went there lol. Wouldn't have met her if she never went even though we're from the same city :skip:

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
I'm not an Aggie....#EAGLEPRIDE :blessed:

But I have some insight on the team. A&T should be at the top of the MEAC again. Tarik Cohen is back, WR Denzel Keyes is back, yall picked up a transfer WR from VA Tech named Carlis Parker, and there should be a good QB battle. Defense returns some good key pieces as well

I was talkin bout that last week with my homie, the jerseys were wack, plain as hell.
NCAT%20Player%2014%20Jm%20Game%20Jersey%20Road.JPG

Team Jordan shoes from 2010
air-jordan-2010-team-n.c.-at-state-player-exclusive.jpg

We recorded last night, but I saw the tweets with the news today . All we gotta hope for is a good matchup like the 1st one!
that was 20 years ago, and I'm really talking about the workout gear, sweatshirts, etc. I'm not worrying abou the jerseys. Just look at UNC and Georgetown. It blew my mind back then when i could walk into a Footlocker and by some Jordan Brand A&T gear:dwillhuh::gladbron:
We actually have all the other branded gear at the bookstore (Nike, Adidas, UA) except for JB for some reason
With them doing Michigan football now, I would love to see some Aggie Football jerseys with the Jumpman:jordan1:

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
who's yall pick to win the MEAC this year or more accurately which team will be the Celebration Bowl representative?

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
question for @Motife43 or whoever was asking the question regarding the 'supposed' negative impact of the Celebration Bowl.

How many players were drafted in the MEAC last year compared to this year's season? If it was more this year. I would argue that the Celebration Bowl put more eyes on your conference which added credibility to the scouts view of the MEAC players.

From a group economics mindset along with it being an official Bowl game with ABC behind it...I believe it is a great thing for us.

:disclaimer: The SWAC had one player drafted in 2015, none this year.

Motife43

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Reggie Barlow new Virginia State head coach

3rd job he's taken in the past 6 months :mjlol:

question for @Motife43 or whoever was asking the question regarding the 'supposed' negative impact of the Celebration Bowl.

How many players were drafted in the MEAC last year compared to this year's season? If it was more this year. I would argue that the Celebration Bowl put more eyes on your conference which added credibility to the scouts view of the MEAC players.

From a group economics mindset along with it being an official Bowl game with ABC behind it...I believe it is a great thing for us.

:disclaimer: The SWAC had one player drafted in 2015, none this year.

I think it's too early to gauge the impact from a draft perspective.

The 3 guys selected didn't play in the game and were on the NFL radar in the preseason and as early as their junior years. I think future years will be a better barometer on the impact of the bowl.

Schmoove

All Star
Daps
It depends on the school. Getting individual deals is more advantageous for a Howard or even schools who opted out. But remember, they're not just outfitting the revenue sports, it's the whole program. Some schools felt the Russell deal was better

The administrators like Russell because it's easier on finances. The athletes like it the LEAST because its inferior.

In the HBCU world, the admins always win and never bend. Ever. That punk ass Duer Sharp gets kickbacks off the Russell deal and the presidents probably are too.

I love my culture, but gotdamn I can't stand some of my people. :facepalm:

Source:
Inside Russell Athletic's lucrative Southwestern Athletic Conference contract

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
3rd job he's taken in the past 6 months :mjlol:

I think it's too early to gauge the impact from a draft perspective.

The 3 guys selected didn't play in the game and were on the NFL radar in the preseason and as early as their junior years. I think future years will be a better barometer on the impact of the bowl.

That's reasonable but I'm playing devil's advocate here. The interviewer implied that a negative impact would be/could be immediate in turning recruits away...so in that same vein a positive or no net gain/loss should be measured in that same time frame for balance. Also, do you remember how many players were drafted last year?

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
The administrators like Russell because it's easier on finances. The athletes like it the LEAST because its inferior.

In the HBCU world, the admins always win and never bend. Ever. That punk ass Duer Sharp gets kickbacks off the Russell deal and the presidents probably are too.

I love my culture, but gotdamn I can't stand some of my people. :facepalm:

Source:
Inside Russell Athletic's lucrative Southwestern Athletic Conference contract

Yeah I hate the Russell uniforms, heard Nike was trying to shank us too though