2016 NBA Draft and beyond (labelplant edition).. 4/4/16 UPDATE: 2017 Draft Big Board

labelplant

Wilt Chamberlain
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
I love watching and scouting NBA prospects. College, High School or International.
Also I will most likely be attending some up coming AAU events.
I really try to anticipate any young players on the NBA horizon so I will continue to update this thread through the year..

4/4/16 update, 2017 early top 15 Big Board:
http://www.thecoli.com/posts/18559589/

My top 20 for a very strong 2016 HS class

1. Jayson Tatum (Duke)
2. Malik Monk (Kentucky)
3. Josh Jackson (Unsigned - Mich St, Arizona, Kansas)
4. De' Aaron Fox (Kentucky)
5. Harry Giles (Duke)
6. Lonzo Ball (UCLA)
7. Rawle Alkins (Unsigned - NC State is going hard after him but he is far from making a decision)
8. Dennis Smith (NC State)
9. Jarrett Allen (Unsigned - Kansas and Houston are seemingly the 2 main players right now)
10. Udoka Azubuike (Unsigned - Florida State lean)
11. Tony Bradley (North Carolina)
12. TJ Leaf (UCLA)
13. Payton Pritchard (Oregon)
14. Thon Maker (Unsigned -Arizona St lean)
15. Markelle Fultz (Washington)
16. Wenyan Gabriel (Kentucky)
17. Javon DeLaurier (Duke)
18. Jonathan Isaac (Florida St)
19. Edrice Adebayo (Kentucky)
20. Jarron Cumberland (Cincinnati)

Top 8-10 are legit lottery picks and 11-18 have lottery type of potential.

Top 15 (as of 2/1/16) for a weak 2016 NBA draft:
1. Ben Simmons
2. Brandon Ingram
3. Dragan Bender
4. Kris Dunn
5. Jakob Poeltl
6. Ivan Rabb
7. Furkan Korkmaz
8. Buddy Hield
9. Jamal Murray
10. Deyonta Davis
11. Jaylen Brown
12. Thomas Bryant
13. Denzel Valentine
14. Diamond Stone
15. Wade Baldwin

Last edited:

labelplant

Wilt Chamberlain
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Here are top 4-5 prospects in every position from U19 WC

Center:
Ahmed Khalaf 6'9 C Egypt - He JUST turned 16 and is the youngest player in the whole tournament. Dragged a terrible Egyptian squad outside the bottom 4. He was one of the leaders in the tournament in blocks. Pretty athletic and mobile. Really young and if he grows a few inches, watch out.

Giorgos Papagiannis C 7'0 Greece - Looks to be a pretty legit 7 footer. Was the most dominant individual defensive force in the tournament. There are some conditioning questions. Might be playing D1 ball next season

Jinqui Hu 6'11 C China - skinny but still young, has some pretty nice post moves..

Ivica Zubac 6'11 C Croatia - my favorite player in the tournament, Croatian DeAndre Jordan. Dunks everything around the hoop and bullied everyone for boards. Not as athletic as DJ but more skilled, should be an NBA player down the line

PF:
Borisa Simonic 6'10
Milos Glisic 6'9
Two 17 year old Serbian bigs who have some good potential but are still learning the game. Simonic is the classic lanky Euro Stretch 4 while Glisic is more of an inside clean up guy. At least one should develop into a solid prospect down the line.

Marko Arapovic 6'9 Croatia - he isn't particularly long or athletic but he can do pretty much everything well offensively. Reminds me of a poor man's Kevin Love. I'd take a flyer early in the 2nd round

Egemen Guven 6'10 Turkey - some people projected him as a first rounder and he is a very good player at this stage but he hasn't really added much to his game since last year. Gotta wonder what his ceiling is.

SF:
Abu Kigab 6'6 Canada - the 2nd youngest player in the tournament, he came off the bench for a very solid Canadian team but he does remind me of a young Wiggins. Not quite as athletic but just as skilled at the same stage and has the same lockdown perimeter defense potential. Will continue to monitor his progress

Vassilis Charalampopoulos 6'7 Greece - was injured and missed a few games but he was great when he did play. Highly skilled and intelligent player, he really looks a lot more confident with his three point range compared to last year. Lack of athletic ability could be a problem though at the next level.

Justin Jackson 6'7 Canada - Big time athlete, needs to work on his shooting. Plays for Findlay Prep a US High school power house

Nik Slavica 6'8 Croatia - a superior athlete for a euro, he matched up well against the US team. Needs to continue to improve overall tho.

Dillon Brooks 6'7 Canada - He is going to be a sophomore at Oregon next year. NBA level athlete and body type but needs to become more consistent as a shooter.

Guards, US players and overall rankings coming....

labelplant

Wilt Chamberlain
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
SG
Tyler Dorsey 6'4 Greece - really was impressive with aggressive and athletic play on both ends. If he improves his 3 pointer, watch out. Oregon gonna have a nice team next year.

Furkan Korkmaz 6'7 SG - lead Turkey to a 3rd place finish and only one loss but I was still a bit disappointed. I've been a firm believer of him as a lottery talent and he played great but not quite that level. Turkey for some reason brought him off the bench too, even though he was clearly the best player on the team.

Luka Bozic 6'5 Croatia - another member of the Croatian 5 that went all the way to the finals and almost won the whole tournament. He is wise beyond his years and was their best perimeter defender.

Corey Johnson 6'3 Canada - a bit undersized but was by far the best shooter in the entire tournament and Canada's biggest weapon. Steph Curry w/o the handles and playmaking, he bombed threes with ease from Any where within Halfcourt. Not a terrible athlete, if he works on some of his other skills, he can be an NBA microwave type back up

Michail Lountzis 6'5 Greece - a very young Greek back up. He has a long way to go but has some intriguing skills at both guard positions.

PG:
Andres Feliz 6'0 Dom. Rep. - very young PG, was by far the best player on the DR team and he is only 17. Plays HS ball in US, i will continue to look at his progress

Borna Kapusta 6'0 Croatia - heas actually the back up for Croatia but was a lot more impressive than the starter. Pure PG in every sense, May have been the best passer in the tourney. Pablo Prigoini is a possible future

Jadon Cohee 6'4 Canada - will play for Seattle University next year. I didnt know much about him before this tourney but he played great D and was an outlier, in what turned out to be a pretty weak group of PGs.

Toliopoulos 6'3 Greece - too lazy to look up his first name. He was ok doing his job. Like I said weak group of PGs..

Daps
Reppin
NULL
off the us team, the most impressive was (no surprises): josh jackson, harry giles, and jayson tatum.

will be schocked if they are not top 5 picks in 2017. all have potential to be very good.

labelplant

Wilt Chamberlain
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
off the us team, the most impressive was (no surprises): josh jackson, harry giles, and jayson tatum.

will be schocked if they are not top 5 picks in 2017. all have potential to be very good.
I loved Jackson when they played a lot of full court press and he was able to dominate defensively but his lack of a jump shot got exposed against more savvy competition.
Since Giles is younger as well, i think he is emerging as the clear number 1 right now.
I like Tatum a lot but he needs to extend his range, although D Wade never learned how to shoot 3s and he is just fine.. Just for now it's hard to see Tatum really reaching his full potential unless he is able to be more of a threat to spread the court. Greece and Croatia packed the paint and it really hurt the US.
either way the 2017 class is looking good.
Also Jalen Brunson is arguably the MVP of the tournament. He isn't huge or very quick but when you are that skilled, smart and have a very advanced feel, he is bound to at LEAST be a useful back up down the line in the NBA. Maybe even more than that

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I loved Jackson when they played a lot of full court press and he was able to dominate defensively but his lack of a jump shot got exposed against more savvy competition.
Since Giles is younger as well, i think he is emerging as the clear number 1 right now.
I like Tatum a lot but he needs to extend his range, although D Wade never learned how to shoot 3s and he is just fine.. Just for now it's hard to see Tatum really reaching his full potential unless he is able to be more of a threat to spread the court. Greece and Croatia packed the paint and it really hurt the US.
either way the 2017 class is looking good.
Also Jalen Brunson is arguably the MVP of the tournament. He isn't huge or very quick but when you are that skilled, smart and have a very advanced feel, he is bound to at LEAST be a useful back up down the line in the NBA. Maybe even more than that

agree on jackson. been surprised by how much more athletic he's become in the last 2 years. i remember watching his high school championship game in last spring in 2014 and he reminded me more of a smooth scoring wingman rather than the hyper freak athlete he's shown lately. he needs a jump shot desperately though. with that athleticism, he has a chance to be a T-Mac like player if he learns to shoot.

giles has bounced back nicely from the ACL. incredible length and athleticism at a young age. at worst I can see him being a Chris Bosh type player at the next level. tatum is the hardest to figure out. i need to see him play more.

Starski

Superstar
Daps
For such a small cac country croatia produces a lot of talent in sports (basketball and soccer) :leon: