2016 NBA Draft and beyond (labelplant edition).. 4/4/16 UPDATE: 2017 Draft Big Board

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Are Jackson and Ferguson there breh?
It hasn't started yet. Think it starts next Wednesday or so but Jackson should be there. He might be over the age limit tho. I know he played last year. Ferguson's squad should be here too. I'll keep yall posted this year since I should be working inside this year

labelplant

Wilt Chamberlain
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Marvin Bagley is averaging 29 points (number 1 in U16 Peach Jam) and 14 rebounds a game (2nd) through 3 games (all 3 Ws)
The 8 team single elimination tournament begins tomorrow.

In the u17 Jason Tatum is averaging around 20/9/4(4 assists a game is terrific in this sort of setting most PGs average 2-3 assists) and Malik Monk has lead his team to a 3-1 record and is getting to the hoop at will as well as showing improved PG skills.
Team CP3 is playing rn but after a dominant fiba showing Harry Giles is just a bit disappointing. He still leads the tournament in rebounds but he has had prob with double teams, averaging 5 turnovers a game and less than 1 assist. He needs to develop way better playmaking ability for those CWebb comparisons to come true.
Bagley tho :whoo:

Chad Ford

ESPN NBA Insider
Daps
Here are top 4-5 prospects in every position from U19 WC

Center:
Ahmed Khalaf 6'9 C Egypt - He JUST turned 16 and is the youngest player in the whole tournament. Dragged a terrible Egyptian squad outside the bottom 4. He was one of the leaders in the tournament in blocks. Pretty athletic and mobile. Really young and if he grows a few inches, watch out.

Giorgos Papagiannis C 7'0 Greece - Looks to be a pretty legit 7 footer. Was the most dominant individual defensive force in the tournament. There are some conditioning questions. Might be playing D1 ball next season

Jinqui Hu 6'11 C China - skinny but still young, has some pretty nice post moves..

Ivica Zubac 6'11 C Croatia - my favorite player in the tournament, Croatian DeAndre Jordan. Dunks everything around the hoop and bullied everyone for boards. Not as athletic as DJ but more skilled, should be an NBA player down the line

PF:
Borisa Simonic 6'10
Milos Glisic 6'9
Two 17 year old Serbian bigs who have some good potential but are still learning the game. Simonic is the classic lanky Euro Stretch 4 while Glisic is more of an inside clean up guy. At least one should develop into a solid prospect down the line.

Marko Arapovic 6'9 Croatia - he isn't particularly long or athletic but he can do pretty much everything well offensively. Reminds me of a poor man's Kevin Love. I'd take a flyer early in the 2nd round

Egemen Guven 6'10 Turkey - some people projected him as a first rounder and he is a very good player at this stage but he hasn't really added much to his game since last year. Gotta wonder what his ceiling is.

SF:
Abu Kigab 6'6 Canada - the 2nd youngest player in the tournament, he came off the bench for a very solid Canadian team but he does remind me of a young Wiggins. Not quite as athletic but just as skilled at the same stage and has the same lockdown perimeter defense potential. Will continue to monitor his progress

Vassilis Charalampopoulos 6'7 Greece - was injured and missed a few games but he was great when he did play. Highly skilled and intelligent player, he really looks a lot more confident with his three point range compared to last year. Lack of athletic ability could be a problem though at the next level.

Justin Jackson 6'7 Canada - Big time athlete, needs to work on his shooting. Plays for Findlay Prep a US High school power house

Nik Slavica 6'8 Croatia - a superior athlete for a euro, he matched up well against the US team. Needs to continue to improve overall tho.

Dillon Brooks 6'7 Canada - He is going to be a sophomore at Oregon next year. NBA level athlete and body type but needs to become more consistent as a shooter.

Guards, US players and overall rankings coming....

After watching tape on the talented young Croats, Arapovic stands out as a Radja/Teletovic hybrid. He displays the grit and craftiness that is common to Eastern European bigs and GMs would be silly not to grab him. Great value. Look out for him in my 2016 Mock Draft 7.3.

labelplant

Wilt Chamberlain
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
After watching tape on the talented young Croats, Arapovic stands out as a Radja/Teletovic hybrid. He displays the grit and craftiness that is common to Eastern European bigs and GMs would be silly not to grab him. Great value. Look out for him in my 2016 Mock Draft 7.3.

Seems legit :manny:

Real quick, my most "overrated" players in class of 2016

Terrence Ferguson - I'm still not sure what he does so well, to be constantly ranked in the top 10-15 of this class

Kobi Simmons - talent is there but he is yet to put it all together. I feel like he has a good bball player sounding name so people keep rating him because of that.

labelplant

Wilt Chamberlain
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
@labelplant who are your top 5 PGs in this 2016 HS class?
Working on my 2016 "rankings" rn.
Ill wait until after the UA tourney to answer.
I really love Monk as I've said a few times, don't think id consider him a PG tho.

DeAron Fox
Dennis Smith
Cassius Winston
Alterique Gilbert

And I haven't seen enough of Lonzo Ball, though last time i saw him (a year ago) i wasnt especially impressed

EDIT: I forgot about my boy Peyton Pritchard. Id actually rank him 3rd behind Fox and Smith rn. He is as good as Smith pretty much but doesnt have the same potential

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Seems legit :manny:

Real quick, my most "overrated" players in class of 2016

Terrence Ferguson - I'm still not sure what he does so well, to be constantly ranked in the top 10-15 of this class

Kobi Simmons - talent is there but he is yet to put it all together. I feel like he has a good bball player sounding name so people keep rating him because of that.

super athletic. legit 2/3 size. not gonna be a star but can be a deadly 3nD player in the league. corey brewer is his floor.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Jason Tatum is comp dominating right now.
He just scored 10 straight points and when they came with a double he moved the ball for a wide open 3

Jayson Tatum looks like a young Kobe out there. mid-range game is so fluid. great size and length for the position. he's my new #1 in the 2016 class.

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Working on my 2016 "rankings" rn.
Ill wait until after the UA tourney to answer.
I really love Monk as I've said a few times, don't think id consider him a PG tho.

DeAron Fox
Dennis Smith
Cassius Winston
Alterique Gilbert

And I haven't seen enough of Lonzo Ball, though last time i saw him (a year ago) i wasnt especially impressed

EDIT: I forgot about my boy Peyton Pritchard. Id actually rank him 3rd behind Fox and Smith rn. He is as good as Smith pretty much but doesnt have the same potential
Yea Lonzo Ball is tough to evaluate because he doesn't play against any of the elite talent on the sneaker circuit, just out West in local AAU tourneys with his father's squad. I thought he looked good at the Adidas Nations last year but I would like to see him against elite comp more, the west coast guys swear by him tho.

I don't really value Pritchard that high, more towards the back end of the 10 pgs, possibly outside of that.

labelplant

Wilt Chamberlain
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Yea Lonzo Ball is tough to evaluate because he doesn't play against any of the elite talent on the sneaker circuit, just out West in local AAU tourneys with his father's squad. I thought he looked good at the Adidas Nations last year but I would like to see him against elite comp more, the west coast guys swear by him tho.

I don't really value Pritchard that high, more towards the back end of the 10 pgs, possibly outside of that.
Courtside Films is my ppl so I'm pretty close with their rankings.
I saw Ball against Monk.
I actually liked his brother more

labelplant

Wilt Chamberlain
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
super athletic. legit 2/3 size. not gonna be a star but can be a deadly 3nD player in the league. corey brewer is his floor.
Ya 3nD but he isn't even that great of a shooter, way better shooters in this class alone. Defense same thing, he is good, not great..

Tyus Battle is another guy who I'm not sold on. Like his game but all the drama is not for me. We will see though, he is young, can still turn it arounf