2017 The Gym Summer Shred Challenge: April 30 - July 2

Daps
Reppin
DMV
Gonna follow y'all. Right now I'm sorta skinny fat. 5'10" 165 lbs but not really lean or muscular

I literally just started hitting the weight machines at the gym for the first time in probably five years. Gonna do low weight/ high reps 4x a week and follow other advice/ strategies I see in this thread.

I wanna get cut up by late June or early July. Need a good tank top body. Tryin to pull breezies all summer (and beyond)
Just build muscle and lean bulk right now. You will think yourself later

Daps
Reppin
DMV
What do you recommend for doing this? I'm pretty much a newbie when it comes to any type of training. any tips or links is very appreciated
1st. Study up on proper nutrition.
2nd. I suggest stronglifts.com if you have a gym nearby and working you way up doing 100 pullups, pushups, dips and squats.
3rd. Focus on strength mainly. The mass and cuts will come when you eat healthierm

Big Jo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
1st. Study up on proper nutrition.
2nd. I suggest stronglifts.com if you have a gym nearby and working you way up doing 100 pullups, pushups, dips and squats.
3rd. Focus on strength mainly. The mass and cuts will come when you eat healthierm

I eat fairly healthy. Basically simple stuff. Tuna fish, hard boiled eggs, chicken, nuts, protein bars. I try to avoid all of the processed crap out there. I have my good days and bad days though.

I'm a member of LA Fitness and there's one literally a minute from my place. I've gone more this month than I have any month since I've joined probably. Just need to figure out what the fukk I'm doing lol

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
I eat fairly healthy. Basically simple stuff. Tuna fish, hard boiled eggs, chicken, nuts, protein bars. I try to avoid all of the processed crap out there. I have my good days and bad days though.

I'm a member of LA Fitness and there's one literally a minute from my place. I've gone more this month than I have any month since I've joined probably. Just need to figure out what the fukk I'm doing lol
Small opinion but don't worry about processed foods. There is nothing wrong with processed foods big picture. Protein bars, protein powders are processed.

Whole food sources are always key but people demonize "processed" foods IMO.

Daps
Reppin
DMV

Haha it takes years to get to where you wanna,be but you can see immediate results once you stay consistent.

Be realistic too when you can workout because skipping workouts will prevent progress.

Research progressive overload and keep a log.

Search tutorials from guys like Chris Jones from pumpchasers...damien patrick....gabriel sey are some I suggest.

Oh yeah processed foods are ok. Just eat them after you workout to speed your recovery.