2018 Ibeabuchi-Tua? Anthony Joshua-Joseph Parker (WBA/WBO/IBF Heavyweight Title Unification)

Who Wins

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Any comparison between Iron Mike and Wilder cannot be taken seriously.

I am not a huge GGG fan but his career shyts
on Wilder's.

Wilder is a good heavyweight for this era. Nothing else. Fun, entertaining.

All time great my ass.

He ain't even at

Shavers
Tua
Sanders
Ibeabuchi
Ron Lyle
Ruddock

Level.

He not at that level...he passed them.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
AJ is the better athlete but Deontay is the better fighter...

Ray Arcel once said ring sense is an art, a gift from god that flows out of a fighter like a great painting flows out of an artist...You can teach a guy how to move in the ring, how to slip punches, how to throw a jab etc but you can't teach him how to fight...That's something a fighter is born with...

Wilder is sloppy as fukk, the textbook was tossed out the window with him but he has that ring sense, that fighters instinct...Wilder lives up to his name, son is WILD...but his unorthodox nature is not a crutch, its actually why he's been so successful because you can't prepare for unorthodox and a right hand like Wilder has...Best comparison I can think of is Naseem Hammed, not very skillful, not textbook, son had that ring sense, that fighters instinct a big left hand and speed...That's why he was so dynamic but the problem with guys like Wilder and Naseem are there is always a MAB looming...A fighter on another level than them, skillful enough to exploit their weaknesses...

AJ is not MAB

The biggest issue I see with AJ is he's way too fukking stiff and robotic to the point he was getting outboxed on the outside by a much smaller man yesterday...I can't see a dude with no head movement, no upper body movement and no ability to slip punches avoiding Wilders right hand...He couldn't avoid old Wlad's right for the same reason and Wlad is someone you can prepare for...He's a textbook robotic boxer puncher and slow as molasses...The fact Wlad was able to tag AJ and put him on is ass says a lot about AJ and none it is positive for his chances against Wilder...

100% in agreement with everything said here.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
before the last 2 fights each, I thought it was an even match and whoever got to who first, but now I definitely favor Wilder even if only slightly. I like Wilder's development under Breland. I wouldnt even say Joshua is a better athlete. Wilder is about as athletic as you can get with his frame, his body seems more naturally cut where AJ looks like a bodybuilder hence the reason why he looks a bit stiff at times. Wilder isnt the greatest boxer but he fights the way he is supposed to and he has really quick/fast feet. Right now he is turning his punches over beautifully where earlier he did a lot of slapping. though I think they would both be cautious early... if anyone has the potential to come out guns blazing its Wilder. Joshua seems more like a rhythm fighter.

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
Crazy that Wilder's last three fights in order would/should have been Povetkin, Ortiz and then Stiverne had they not popped dirty at the times they did pop dirty :ehh:

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
Boxing really ain't promoted like that in the uk. If you go to the sport page of the main uk broadcaster Home - BBC Sport they don't even have a prominent link to their boxing section. Sure, today AJ is on the sports page because he's a famous guy in the uk but you can't really think boxing is second to the premier league when there's links to F1, rugby, cricket, tennis, golf and athletics but no link to boxing.

Then if you go to the actual boxing page they still have prominent stories about the groves/eubank fight from two months ago. If boxing was mainstream like that don't you think they'd have updated the boxing section since feb?

The number two tv channel mentions boxing even less Sport - ITV News
it's just the impression i'm given based off commercials

interview segments

magazine covers

etc.

THE MACHINE

night owl
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Joshua fought so scared :scust:

Every time he got hit with the slightest punch he buckled over or did some awkward stop. He stalked effectively but didn't really press the action when he got to Parker. Wilder wins by spectacular KO.

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
I doN't wanna sound like one of those scorn old heads who hate everything what's new (well I am young myself) but I do think the likes of prime Tyson (whatever what you tell me about his resume), prime Klitschkos, Lewis, Holyfield, etc... would all kick the ass of both Wilder and Joshua

No offense to Joshua and Wilder cause they are entertaining champions and a fight between them gonna be fascinating, the winner of it probably be featured on every P4P lists and you can argue that these comparisons are unfair but at this point I really feel that :ld: I don't think that any of them would be the exceptional athlete of their generation.

Crawford, Loma, Spence and some others who I see the exceptional athletes of this generation (they need to further prove it of course but when it's all said and done...) and not really Joshua or Wilder

The only one who's beating Wilder is Lewis

Holyfield and Tyson... Hell no

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
:dahell: so funny??
Are we in an alternate universe where Lewis hasn't been knocked clean the fukk out multiple times???

Horrible argument. Him being knocked out has more to do with overconfidence, seeing as the 2 that did it was basically nobodies

He faced Gary Mason, Razor Ruddock, Ray Mercer, Andrew Gollota, Holyfield twice, David Tua, and Tyson. All known for their punching power. Dude beat them all, and never got even stunned by them

Look at that Ray Mercer fight then come back to me :mjlol: