JoogJoint

In my own league.
Daps
Reppin
Outer Space
So I had Thanksgiving with my family and politics came up:snoop:
The way people think about politics and important policies saddens me. Because the general public is so uneducated about politics/policy i’m not sure if we ever going to get the change will truly need. I’m trying not to get discouraged.

I'm not surprised. I live with Baby Boomers and one of them likes Steyer, Bloomberg, and Buttegeig.

I asked him why policy-wise and he couldn't tell me because it's for superficial reasons.

:francis:

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
Sanders is scared of Pete

scared?
full

1568343404_Election+2020+Debate__6__.jpg

saturn7

Politics is an EXCHANGE!!!
Daps
Reppin
DMV Freedman
lPEJDXrJ1mEjrSzt6J2q14iqv-F74rzAYTalrSLNQbc2RavXg61zWACoIwGN_SrdNZghN41IcPitj-BlFNbCCKEMZp94cPA=s0-d-e1-ft
Midnight tonight,...... That’s the deadline to hit our $1.5 million goal before we close the books on the month of November.

This is a critical moment. We are now one month away from 2020, the year that we’re going to defeat Donald Trump.

On top of that, we’re less than a year out from the November 2020 general election, the day that we’re going to defeat Donald Trump.

We’re closing in on our goal. Right now, we only have $186,951.04 left to raise. Will you help us make up the difference by midnight tonight?

If you've saved your payment information with ActBlue Express, your donation will go through immediately:

Now is the time when we need to be scaling up our campaign. It’s why we’ve launched a six-figure ad buy to boost our polling numbers and qualify for the December debate. It’ll take additional resources to increase our chances of winning the nomination -- which means this is a goal we can not afford to miss.

We almost there :mjcry:

Speaking of Corey. I guess this is what happens when you hang with T-Bone.

:lolbron:

Newly Appointed SC Judge Said Cory Booker ‘Always Looks Like He Just Hit Crack Pipe Real Hard’

Newly Appointed SC Judge Said Cory Booker ‘Always Looks Like He Just Hit Crack Pipe Real Hard’

Screen-Shot-2019-11-29-at-5.06.07-PM.jpg

One of South Carolina’s newly appointed magistrate judges has a documented history of making anti-immigrant racially charged statements, according to a Friday report from The Post and Courier.

Mike Pitts, a former Republican member of the state’s House of Representatives with a penchant for defending the Confederate flag and monuments, in May posted a picture of New Jersey Senator and Democratic presidential candidate Cory Booker, captioned: “Cory Booker alway [sic] looks like he just hit crack pipe real hard.”

However, neither that posts nor any of other Pitts’s controversial statements were even brought up for discussion during his confirmation hearing in the state Senate.

An investigation by the Courier and ProPublica revealed that Pitts’s troubling history of making racially incendiary comments was woefully unexamined on his way to becoming a magistrate judge.

For example, Pitts, who was recently photographed wearing a shirt that read, “Welcome to America Learn the Damn Language!,” posted in 2017 about Middle Eastern immigrants he encountered in a Walmart store.

“[A]fter being subject to this incident I now support shutting down all immigration until we stop the demise of our culture,” he wrote.

He also condemned the transgender community in separate posts, saying transgender people “aren’t sure what the hell they are.”

Pitts did not respond to messages left by the Courier via email and voicemail.

The lax appointment procedures for South Carolina magistrate judges, who hear misdemeanor criminal cases and can send people to prison, has been a problem in the past, with several being forced to resign after making inappropriate comments from the bench, one of whom used the n-word during the sentencing hearing of a black defendant.

Democratic state Sen. dikk Harpootlian, a former trial lawyer said he was not aware of Pitts’s comments before his confirmation hearing.

“None of us were aware of these posts, or his ethnic and racially insensitive comments, which I think disqualify him as a fair or impartial judge,” Harpootlian said after The Courier told him about Pitts’ posts.

“If I was Muslim or of Middle Eastern descent, I would be fearful of appearing in front of him,” he added.

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
I really haven't seen Sanders have a meaningful exchange and or pushback yet against Pete and Pete is worse than Biden in my eyes.
That's b/c he wants Pete to win Iowa. He knows it would be a deathblow to Warren leaving Bernie vs Biden/Pete (most likely Biden) down the stretch.

A.R.$

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Some of y’all live in a idealistic world. We’re a stable wealthy nation, because of that, the average American is never going to become well versed/involved in politics policy.
Actually there is nothing idealistic about my world view. With the job I currently have, I work with the poorest sections of society. The people I work with are all under the poverty line and have health problems. Also when I was in the Military I was deployed to economically deprived countries. I seen some of the worst poverty on earth. It hard to be idealistic when you see the living conditions that people are forced to live in. If anything it has made me cynical, but I try to fight that feeling.

I also aware of why people are not into politics, and it is much more than just we live in stable wealthy nation. Yes, a lot people are indifferent because they live a decent life, but it also is because people don’t think anything will change anyways. On top of that our education system do a very poor job with teaching civics. Most people work and are beat down from their jobs. Then they have to spend time with their families. The little bit of free time people get, they would rather spend it relaxing, or doing something they enjoy, instead of reaching policies, and candidates records. I’m well aware of all of this, but that doesn’t mean it can’t get frustrating from time to time.

Edit: BTW Don’t think I’m coming at you directly. I know tone can be lost when we are just typing. Sometimes posts can sound more confrontational than they are intended to be.
My girl’s cousin described himself to me as “not a Trump supporter, but a Trump sympathizer” at Thanksgiving.
:scust:

Last edited:

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC

That's b/c he wants Pete to win Iowa. He knows it would be a deathblow to Warren leaving Bernie vs Biden/Pete (most likely Biden) down the stretch.

When I went to the Bernie fundraiser in DC a couple weeks back, the sentiment from the Sirotas and Weavers was that Liz and Pete have good organizations on the ground and they said if she doesn't win there and NH she's fukked.

They seemed confident that Pete being the flavor of the month would fade in the next couple months.

IceDragon

All Star
Daps

Risky strategy. I think progressives may have played themselves a bit when it comes to Pete. They spent the early primary coming at Biden and strangely enough, Beto. Looked at Pete and said hey you're a centrist and we won't vote for you but you're cool, Now it's too late to nip this in the bud. Is letting Pete win Iowa worth the risk and possibly repeating that? :patrice:

A.R.$

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I don’t think that is his strategy. The problem with that is it could be a death blow to him as well. If Buttigieg wins Iowa he could have enough momentum to win N.H. as well. Bernie must win Iowa or N.H. to have any chance of winning. He might even need to win both to change the narrative. Pete winning Iowa clears the way for Biden to sweep the south and win the nomination imo.