wtfyomom

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Shes the safe medium between Biden and Sanders. Too bad she will get washed by Trump in the Midwest due to her gender.
its not only her gender, all that wonkiness and cult of smartness bullshyt the dems push will flop in the rust belt. its why when you look at her base, its nothing but college educated people who make over 100k and are mostly white but not rust belt white , elite smug white that those voters hate

GodinDaFlesh

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Godverse
its not only her gender, all that wonkiness and cult of smartness bullshyt the dems push will flop in the rust belt. its why when you look at her base, its nothing but college educated people who make over 100k and are mostly white but not rust belt white , elite smug white that those voters hate
True. She's going to do poorly with those working class, high school educated white voters who we need enough of to win.

Atlrocafella

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Georgia
this thread becomes the same fukking thing:

1) bernie bros caping
2) 2016 rehashed (incorrectly)
3) a million conflicting polls that mean nothing this far out (with #bidenboyz providing zero substance to the conversation, nothing to point to why biden is a good candidate, just cosigning any poll that has him leading)
4) a monthly appearance from @Frank Grimes stating that warren isn't electable because trump will call her pochaontas
5) some nap spam but i put him on ignore so i don't see it

we need a debate, a new big policy proposal, or people to drop out to stimulate new convo....:snooze:

Why would I waste time arguing with Supporters of Tier 2 candidates? When the field shortens, maybe we can have meaningful discussions. Until then, #BidenBoys2020 remain on top of the polls and I have nothing further to discuss.

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
I posted a few months ago about him switching out Pence for Nikki Haley. I don't think it will be her anymore but it wouldn't be surprised if he found a woman b/c Trump already has Pence's people locked up.

Point is, he's not going to go down in the fetal position. Trump has a few tricks up his sleeve. A new VP? A compromise on guns? Maybe a deal with China? Next year should be interesting...

Ultimately, I think that if he goes that route it should be Ol girl from Iowa. That would secure that state and she would have Midwest traction.

Maybe I'm in the minority on this, but I don't think a female VP nominee would save them from Trump's toxicity. Actually could be a detriment when said female VP is being interviewed and has to consistently defend criticisms of Trump.

:mjlit:

in reality, not :mjlit:. Dems will likely create fair maps so more of :ehh:. Still a good thing if true.

Low key this is the biggest non-trump reason that everyone needs to go out and vote. It's why the Tea Party wave in 2010 was so detrimental.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Warrens base is mostly white elites and shes second to mayor pete in big money donations, more than kamala and biden , can you imagine the talk if bernies base was mostly white elites from the hamptons? :mjlol:

but now its totally cool cause its warren, warren stans,the jig is up, you cant claim shes "progressive" anymore sorry. and you shouldve known when corporate media started to push here from the jump, even nap is in her shlling for her.

edit: so shes not leading in billionaire donations, but of all the candidates, the percentage of their donors who make over 100k, bernie is at 4 percent obviously (im in that 4 percent lol) warren is at 20 ahead of biden and kamala at 18 and mayor peter is at 33 blowing everyone away, no homo, still its not a shock that warren isnt appealing to any average joe voters, but you think shes gonna beat trump ?? no way, her wonkiness and "plans" are gonna flop like hell in the rust belt. go with the safe bet bernie
:francis:

Sen. Elizabeth Warren - Campaign Finance Summary

Elizabeth Warren Is Attracting More Supporters And More Media Attention
:mjlit:

:ehh:

:mjgrin:

That coalition building got you scared. :pachaha:

:sas2:

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
I find this to be a strange take.

White voters tend to be more liberal.
College educated voters tend to be more liberal.
It makes since that those are the people who support a progressive candidate.

If you want liberal policy, you're going to have those people make up a large part of your voting block.

If voters in the midwest want progressive policy and not just identity politics they'll easily gravitate to warren from Sanders if she's the candidate.

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
People acting like Warren is out here doing string theory on the campaign trail are being disingenuous. She consistently threads the needle between detail and declarative moral statements. Just look at her performance during the recent climate town hall, or the CNN debate. She has an uncanny ability to distill wonky concepts into easily understandable and digestible concepts. Look at how she described breaking up Amazon or her 2% wealth tax. In fact, if someone can point to a Warren speech or campaign event that is too abstruse for the general population, I'd love to see it.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
People acting like Warren is out here doing string theory on the campaign trail are being disingenuous. She consistently threads the needle between detail and declarative moral statements. Just look at her performance during the recent climate town hall, or the CNN debate. She has an uncanny ability to distill wonky concepts into easily understandable and digestible concepts. Look at how she described breaking up Amazon or her 2% wealth tax. In fact, if someone can point to a Warren speech or campaign event that is too abstruse for the general population, I'd love to see it.

:ahh:

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
I find this to be a strange take.

White voters tend to be more liberal.
College educated voters tend to be more liberal.
It makes since that those are the people who support a progressive candidate.

If you want liberal policy, you're going to have those people make up a large part of your voting block.

If voters in the midwest want progressive policy and not just identity politics they'll easily gravitate to warren from Sanders if she's the candidate.
Liberal white voters making over 100k are not as progressive on economic issues as “rust belt” whites. That said, the assumption is that those liberal whites will vote Democratic regardless and it’s the rust belt dudes who gave Trump the election that you need back. But honestly, this is just Sanders supporters annoyed by the positive and glowing coverage Warren is getting versus what he got in 2016 and 2020 when he ideas are all kissing cousins of his 2016 platform. It ultimately comes down to media “elites” just not liking people on Sanders’ campaign team and sour grapes over 2016. You guys know it and you’re trolling them because you don’t really like him either. It’s all very annoying but if I muted everyone then I’d be in this thread with 4 people.

intra vires

Glory to Michigan
Daps
Reppin
The Catholepistemiad
this thread becomes the same fukking thing:

1) bernie bros caping
2) 2016 rehashed (incorrectly)
3) a million conflicting polls that mean nothing this far out (with #bidenboyz providing zero substance to the conversation, nothing to point to why biden is a good candidate, just cosigning any poll that has him leading)
4) a monthly appearance from @Frank Grimes stating that warren isn't electable because trump will call her pochaontas
5) some nap spam but i put him on ignore so i don't see it

we need a debate, a new big policy proposal, or people to drop out to stimulate new convo....:snooze:
There was just a seven-hour climate townhall, so people could talk about that. Cory Booker caught my attention, he's no Elizabeth Warren (or Jay Inslee when it comes to the issue) but I appreciate his vigor.

d13.jpg

I've only watched Warren's, Sanders', and Booker's spots though. To be honest, the only reason I watched Booker was a friend told me I needed to see it.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Liberal white voters making over 100k are not as progressive on economic issues as “rust belt” whites. That said, the assumption is that those liberal whites will vote Democratic regardless and it’s the rust belt dudes who gave Trump the election that you need back.

And my overarching point was that if progressive policy is what's important to rust belt voters there's no reason for rust belt voters to not support her if she's the candidate.

The same goes for highly liberal voters who are white and make over 100k that support Warren.

Do you disagree?

Because the people I've been responding to are saying the rust belt voters aren't going to support Warren because she's a woman.