2021 NFL Offseason Thread

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
This is the first cap casualty that hurts.

Sanders was good. He put up 600+ yards with Brees who couldn't even fully utilize Sanders' down field threat ability and Taysom Hill. All without MT for 11 games too.

Now we just have Mike, Tre'quan (forever a #3), and Callaway (he has potential and I think he's gonna be good but idk if he's ready to be a #2 in 2021). We have Deonte who could have literally beat Tampa for us in January by himself but his size is a detriment and he always gets hurt.

Yeah, losing Sanders sucks.

A lot of these players who are cut will be brought back, but at a reduced cap number. The money just won't be there for some of them on the open market and that's what their former team is hoping.

Get under the cap and figure out the rest later.

NOSaintsFan02

Superstar
Daps
A lot of these players who are cut will be brought back, but at a reduced cap number. The money just won't be there for some of them on the open market and that's what their former team is hoping.

Get under the cap and figure out the rest later.
I can maybe see us bringing Kwon back. Sanders will have too much of a market and already pinned a goodbye post on IG. His main reason for signing with us was Brees too. He's definitely going to go to another contender and should help improve them mightily.

Last edited:

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
I can maybe see us bringing Kwon back. Sanders will have too much of a market and already pinned a goodbye post in IG. His main reason for signing with us was Brees too. He's definitely going to go to another contender and should help improve them mightily.

Depending on what the cap number will be for the teams in need of his services. A lot veterans are going to have to take a major paycut (at least this year) or face being replaced by a rookie/undrafted free agent. That's why I think that this is the first for some vets to go ring chasing and then cash out next year when the cap increases again.

The money just won't be there for some of these guys on the open market in the way that they expected.

NOSaintsFan02

Superstar
Daps
Depending on what the cap number will be for the teams in need of his services. A lot veterans are going to have to take a major paycut (at least this year) or face being replaced by a rookie/undrafted free agent. That's why I think that this is the first for some vets to go ring chasing and then cash out next year when the cap increases again.

The money just won't be there for some of these guys on the open market in the way that they expected.
Kind of bad luck for us because we won't be seen as a team to go ring chase with this season with Drew retiring.

Unless we pull off a miracle trade for Russ, vets will be more inclined to go sign with LA, GB, and Tampa in the NFC to "chase a ring"

#AAGang; formerly Selah
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Syracuse
Sad to see Smoke go but with the injuries and emergence of Gabriel Davis it's not surprising. Plus I think they'll keep Stills around

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Kind of bad luck for us because we won't be seen as a team to go ring chase with this season with Drew retiring.

Unless we pull off a miracle trade for Russ, vets will be more inclined to go sign with LA, GB, and Tampa in the NFC to "chase a ring"

QB play is definitely determine where a lot of these vets go who get priced out of the market.

Especially since they saw what happened with Brady last year and the dudes who decided to join him. QBs better be on the phone trying to help make things happen with these dudes if they're actually serious about winning a ring.

b. woods

Peace
Daps
This is the first cap casualty that hurts.

Sanders was good. He put up 600+ yards with Brees who couldn't even fully utilize Sanders' down field threat ability and Taysom Hill. All without MT for 11 games too.

Now we just have Mike, Tre'quan (forever a #3), and Callaway (he has potential and I think he's gonna be good but idk if he's ready to be a #2 in 2021). We have Deonte who could have literally beat Tampa for us in January by himself but his size is a detriment and he always gets hurt.

Yeah, losing Sanders sucks.

And losing Kwon as well :snoop:

O.iatlhawksfan

Biggest homer on the Coli
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans

O.iatlhawksfan

Biggest homer on the Coli
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
I knew when we traded for Kwon last season that it was a midseason rental for the 2020 SB push. No one should be surprised he's gone. The torn achilles made the decision even obvious. But ironically we may be able to sign him back cheaper because of that injury.
He’s a LSU guy but I wouldn’t even throw money at him he’s to unreliable with his injuries

BucciMane

Kristina Schulman Bro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Real Titletown
These GM's and salary cap gurus need to have so much knowledge.:wow:.

Restructures, extensions, voidable years, etc.

shyt is not easy.

BucciMane

Kristina Schulman Bro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Real Titletown
I'm not huge on the poor man's Wes Welker, but if the Saints want to send Michael Thomas to New England for cap relief, I'd be fine with that.:lolbron:.