2024 UPDATE!! Altman: prepare for AI to be "uncomfortable" 33% US jobs gone..SKYNET, AI medical advances? BASIC INCOME? 1st AI MOVIE! IRS using AI

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is de facto large scale trial run for UBI.

Population of US over 18 is appx 200 million.

8% or 16 million receiving benefits.

Mark my words brehs, this is gonna come hard and fast. Watch what happens when benefits start running out and job situation has only marginally improved bc it becomes painfully obvious that majority of these folks will not be rehired.

If Biden wins I could see some type of reincarnation of the WPA. 2009 Stimulus bill x 10. Dems better win back Senate, pass a massive wealth tax and raise income levels subject to social security tax.

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Now there is a huge number of people

I really hate to be the one but....

could have voted for Bernie :yeshrug:
Thats my answer to every pandemic question. 'should've voted for bernie sanders.' because its true in 99.9% of the situations that arise. you would be so much better off. but nope, you want joe biden or trump again.

ADevilYouKhow

Rhyme Reason
Daps
Reppin
got a call for three nines
It's a layup for Trump but he's too stupid to realize that.
It's crazy to me that he doesn't just sign this. He might be waiting for closer to the election to be honest. The alternative explanation is that he just hates ppl without money with a passion.

corporations won’t have it yet but their day of reckoning is coming regardless, after that last tax cut scam and Covid companies and the rich are going to be footing the bill because they’re the only ones left standing

:wow:

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
You guys sound delusional. There won’t be a wide scale second stimulus.

Small targets/incentives. More corporate bailouts that will “trickle down”.

Other than that Trump doesn’t gain anything from handing out more money. Con men make waves by selling promises. He fakes populism of the working class. So expect the calls against China to become more pronounced, even though he won’t do anything.

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Political fantasy battles economic reality after tens of millions of jobs lost

In some ways, the Covid-19 crisis compressed what could have been several years of shifts to online retailers such as Amazon and Overstock into a period of weeks, meaning employees in many brick-and-mortar stores may need to retrain for new occupations.

Companies coming out of the crisis may also accelerate their reliance on technology to replace staff and reduce the amount of office space they need, slowing job gains and hurting the commercial real estate industry.

These shifts were long anticipated and the subject of extensive research, high-end panels and seminars on reskilling the American labor force.

But most of the actual work remains undone. And now it’s suddenly and desperately needed.

One thing I always tell people who think I’m overreacting is that we already have the technology to wipe out tens of millions of jobs. What’s holding it back is that we haven’t yet developed the socio/economic/political infrastructure to deal with the repurcussions.

“It’s going to take years to get these jobs back and many are never coming back,” said economist Megan Greene, a fellow at Harvard’s Kennedy School of Government. “Industries writ large are going to have trouble reopening and others are going to figure out how to use technology to limit the number of people they rehire. This crisis has just accelerated all of these trends.”