2024 UPDATE!! Altman: prepare for AI to be "uncomfortable" 33% US jobs gone..SKYNET, AI medical advances? BASIC INCOME? 1st AI MOVIE! IRS using AI

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
unemployment is gonna skyrocket when the PPP loan is up in a few days
PPP, mortgage extensions, rent concessions for both businesses and residents, etc., its not going to be pretty and the Republicans are fine being reactive instead of proactive. They are going to tank their re-election chances because of it.

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You guys sound delusional. There won’t be a wide scale second stimulus.

Small targets/incentives. More corporate bailouts that will “trickle down”.

Other than that Trump doesn’t gain anything from handing out more money. Con men make waves by selling promises. He fakes populism of the working class. So expect the calls against China to become more pronounced, even though he won’t do anything.

Second stimulus check: Is another round coming, and when? Here's today's update

Trump is reportedly considering a new $1 trillion infrastructure stimulus plan to boost the US economy | Markets Insider

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
unemployment is gonna skyrocket when the PPP loan is up in a few days

One of the few times that I've been glad that I work for a nonprofit that gets 95%+ of our money from city and state grants. Between later on this year and next year, I have designs of leaving for a CFO position as I'm a controller now.

What we are going to do now is instead of a 5% COLA increase, we are going to use some of the PPP funds to give that to us upfront next week, a 5% of my salary check. No complaining but this helps the company in the long run because of the suppression of the increase for a year Because many grantors don't want us to double dip on funds to claim, we can't spend down all of the money, even with the threshold change from 75% to 60% for payroll. Across our next fiscal, it will save the company roughly $300k.

For the for-profit business that haven't picked up in any substantial way, yeah, they are letting people go. They are paying people with 'free' money now, it stops being free and becomes a loan if you don't extend by the end of the month.

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
One of the few times that I've been glad that I work for a nonprofit that gets 95%+ of our money from city and state grants. Between later on this year and next year, I have designs of leaving for a CFO position as I'm a controller now.

What we are going to do now is instead of a 5% COLA increase, we are going to use some of the PPP funds to give that to us upfront next week, a 5% of my salary check. No complaining but this helps the company in the long run because of the suppression of the increase for a year Because many grantors don't want us to double dip on funds to claim, we can't spend down all of the money, even with the threshold change from 75% to 60% for payroll. Across our next fiscal, it will save the company roughly $300k.

For the for-profit business that haven't picked up in any substantial way, yeah, they are letting people go. They are paying people with 'free' money now, it stops being free and becomes a loan if you don't extend by the end of the month.

I'm at an international non-profit myself. Half our money is US Government and we're scrambling pushing out new proposals out the door in the next month of varying sizes.

Luckily it looks like we're in good shape this year and fiscal year 2021. Didn't need to apply for PPP.