2024 UPDATE!! Altman: prepare for AI to be "uncomfortable" 33% US jobs gone..SKYNET, AI medical advances? BASIC INCOME? 1st AI MOVIE! IRS using AI

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
somethings gotta give but then I see today Trump is trying to gut the ACA again during a pandemic

I can only imagine the strain families are under right now and if a spouse lost a job or both lost jobs...

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm at an international non-profit myself. Half our money is US Government and we're scrambling pushing out new proposals out the door in the next month of varying sizes.

Luckily it looks like we're in good shape this year and fiscal year 2021. Didn't need to apply for PPP.

I don’t understand why forgo PPP, ESPECIALLY if you don’t actually need it. If you weren’t going to let people go, why not get the money to pay staff anyways and just save what you would’ve used?

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
I don’t understand why forgo PPP, ESPECIALLY if you don’t actually need it. If you weren’t going to let people go, why not get the money to pay staff anyways and just save what you would’ve used?
Our Executive Director and the board were like other businesses need it more than us

We have like $66M in revenue and a good cash reserve from what I’ve heard

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Our Executive Director and the board were like other businesses need it more than us

We have like $66M in revenue and a good cash reserve from what I’ve heard

I’ve run across plenty of folks who thought along those lines. To me that sort of compassionate thinking went out the window after the first round when it became obvious the program was being abused by so many who obviously didn’t need it.

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
I’ve run across plenty of folks who thought along those lines. To me that sort of compassionate thinking went out the window after the first round when it became obvious the program was being abused by so many who obviously didn’t need it.
part of me is thinking we could have just gotten it and paid ourselves some nice bonuses :russ:

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
EeLMETXWkAMrOzy

JNew

Superstar
Daps
Bask income sounds nice on paper but would never work.

people would become lazy.

and what about the people who have to work the low paying jobs. They be better of not working.