'209 vs. Ireland' - UFC 202 Thread (Diaz/McGregor II, Glover/Rumble, Cerrone/Story)

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ThaGlow

All Star
Daps
Finally found and watched an ok YouTube vid of the fight

I have it a draw or Nate 3-2.

1st - Super good gameplan that I expected. They showed no footage of Conor leg kicking leading into the fight but that is the obvious adjustment vs any Diaz bro. Conor round easy.

2nd - Conor clean pot shot well the 1st half. But not much pressure. Diaz came on strong and really threaten McGregor more when he's pouring it on. Either draw or edge to Diaz.

3rd - Diaz with the dirty box, just swapping away Conor energy. Diaz round.

4th - Conor using effective shot selection again. Diaz not getting off much of anything. Conor round.

5th - Diaz looking worse for wear in the face but McGregor running lol. Pretty even round but with the dirty boxing, TD attempt and final takedown, gnp, I'd say Diaz was in more control of the round. Diaz round or draw.

I feel better calling it a draw but if u have to pick a winner I'm giving it to Nate. If you gonna be a pot shotter you better be clinical like a Mayweather to get them decisions. I will say Diaz and McGregor need to stay away from 170. McGregor gassing, Diaz sluggish too, not from leg kicks, dudes punches were mad slow. But Conor fought a super smart/obvious game plan. Kick, engage, be mobile, reset. That's the recipe to frustrate head hunting, body bangers like Diaz bros. I ain't that mad at the decision though because Diaz could not put away a gassed Conor many times.

Diaz copping mad excuses after the fight but he was absolutely in worse body language than the first fight. Conor leg kicks obviously hurt him in the 1st round but dude was just sloppy as fukk everywhere regardless. Diaz just operating on fight experience and endurance. Almost like the first fight, with a smarter Conor.

keepemup

Banned
Daps
I really thought Nate would've finished him but I think in the 4th and 5th rounds he had so much blood in his eyes he couldn't find Conor just striking so he had to amble his way towards him then get into a clinch in order to start delivering punishment.

Good fight.

Death6six6

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Don't bring my qb into this

:to:

You gon see this year. 35 TDs

:blessed:

But lets no derail this thread

:ufdup:

Deal. Make it happen
Conor-Mcgregor-scr1a.gif

WHERE'S MY CASH!!!!!!!!!! Come on Mods!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WTF!!!!!!!!!

87 others

Superstar
Daps
Conor gave a million reasons why he lost to Nate the first time and why he would win the rematch...

Nate was kind enough to give him the immediate rematch.

Conor should grant Jose that same respect
Kind enough? :mjlol: Breh, Nate made more in that rematch than he has in his entire career. You think he'd be granting anybody else an immediate rematch?

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Told yall boys he'd win. Dropped him 3 times. Outwrestled him. Outboxed him. Mangled his leg. Mangled his face. The only round Nate clearly won is no.3 and the most damage Mac took was a broken foot he either sustained from a kick check or from the consistent foot he was putting up Nate's ass.

Conor broke his foot and none of us ever noticed. ...dude goes 25 minutes with a broken foot while fighting a Diaz brother that has a functional weight advantage of 10 - 20 lbs. :wow:

If he's not on your top 10 p4p mma list...I know you're a casual :leostare:.

OfTheCross

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
Told yall boys he'd win. Dropped him 3 times. Outwrestled him. Outboxed him. Mangled his leg. Mangled his face. The only round Nate clearly won is no.3 and the most damage Mac took was a broken foot he either sustained from a kick check or from the consistent foot he was putting up Nate's ass.

Conor broke his foot and none of us ever noticed. ...dude goes 25 minutes with a broken foot while fighting a Diaz brother that has a functional weight advantage of 10 - 20 lbs. :wow:

If he's not on your top 10 p4p mma list...I know you're a casual :leostare:.

If we put McG in the top 10 p4p then we gotta put all the top guys at 155 in the top 10 p4p.

Cause for being as good as he is I don't see him as better than those top 55ers.

They're all jumbled together

LinusCaldwell

From The Eastside with Love
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
If we put McG in the top 10 p4p then we gotta put all the top guys at 155 in the top 10 p4p.

Cause for being as good as he is I don't see him as better than those top 55ers.

They're all jumbled together
If we are basing it off of this fight no I still wouldn't put him in top 10 Nate beat him convincingly.

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So breh being the featherweight champ of the world...beating numerous top 10 fw's....knocking out the G.O.A.T. fw...ARGUABLY the G.O.A.T. MMAartist...in under 15 seconds....and just getting a win off of a perennial top 10 lw........none of this makes him an indisputable top 10 fighter?

I think we need a top 10 list roll call b/c we all need to see what 10 guys you all are claiming is better than the second greatest featherweight in our sport's history.

Death6six6

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
MODS WHERES MY CASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! fukkING EDIOT TINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
giphy.gif

DIAZ GOT fukkED UP AND WHERE IS MY COLI CASH????????????????????????????????
both me and FrankyFourFingers are out $100,000,YET I WON MY BET,:snoop::pacspit::win:

OfTheCross

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
So breh being the featherweight champ of the world...beating numerous top 10 fw's....knocking out the G.O.A.T. fw...ARGUABLY the G.O.A.T. MMAartist...in under 15 seconds....and just getting a win off of a perennial top 10 lw........none of this makes him an indisputable top 10 fighter?

I think we need a top 10 list roll call b/c we all need to see what 10 guys you all are claiming is better than the second greatest featherweight in our sport's history.

McG is barely a top 10 Lightweight, how can you say he's top 10 p4p?

These are ESPN's rankings for lightweight. Conor just got stopped and eeked out a Majority decision vs Nathan who's #9 on the list

The only dude I'm confident he could be is Poiirer...but I'm not even sure about that cause the way Dustin's looked at 155

1. Eddie Alvarez (28-4)
Alvarez has now won the UFC title and the Bellator MMA title, and he beat the last Strikeforce titleholder, Gilbert Melendez, in 2015. Few expected Alvarez to reach this peak after he lost his 2014 UFC debut to Donald Cerrone. Boy, has he proved any doubters wrong.
Next: TBD

2. Rafael dos Anjos (25-8)
Alvarez is just one of many former UFC champions who have recently been unable to keep hold of a belt. A quick loss to Alvarez in July doesn't erase RDA's impressive five-fight run leading up to it. He's still one of the best lightweights in the world.
Next: UFC Fight Night on Nov. 5, vs. Tony Ferguson

3. Khabib Nurmagomedov (23-0)
The undefeated bear-wrestler from Dagestan looked pretty good in a tuneup fight against short-notice opponent Darrell Horcher. A practicing Muslim, Nurmagomedov will take the summer off due to Ramadan, and is eyeing a title shot in the fall.

4. Tony Ferguson (20-3)

A highly anticipated fight between Ferguson and Khabib Nurmagomedov fell through in early 2016, robbing Ferguson of a high-profile fight. It happened again months later when Michael Chiesa was forced out of a fight against him.
Next: UFC Fight Night on Nov. 5, vs. Rafael dos Anjos

5. Donald Cerrone (30-7)
No one really knows what weight class Cerrone is in these days, not even Cerrone. 'Cowboy' intends to stay busy, wherever the UFC needs him. He was last seen winning his third fight in a row at 170 pounds against Rick Story in August. We'll continue to rank him at lightweight for now.

6. Edson Barboza (18-4)
Back-to-back wins against the likes of Anthony Pettis and Gilbert Melendezhave Barboza sitting pretty at 155 pounds. He's certainly paid his dues over the years and it's paying off. This is the highest Barboza has ever risen in his career, and he's in a good spot to climb higher.

7. Will Brooks (17-1)
The former Bellator MMA champ made his UFC debut in July, picking up a decision win against Ross Pearson. It wasn't the kind of debut that set the world on fire, but it'll certainly do. Brooks looks like a future title contender.
Next: UFC Fight Night on Oct. 1, vs. Alex Oliveira

8. Benson Henderson (23-5)
In Henderson's promotional debut, he suffered a resounding loss to Bellator MMA welterweight champion Andrey Koreshkov. Henderson's last three fights have been at welterweight, but lightweight still seems to be his best option. If he books another welterweight bout, however, we'll be forced to start ranking him at 170 pounds.
Next: Bellator 160 on Aug. 26, vs. Patricio Freire

9. Nate Diaz (19-11)
Diaz has just two wins at lightweight since 2012, but a victory over Conor McGregor at welterweight in March obviously counts for something. His next appearance figures to be back at 155 and he says he'll take nothing but a trilogy fight against McGregor. Let's see how this plays out.

10. Dustin Poirier (20-4)
Poirier is 4-0 since moving up from featherweight, with three first-round knockouts. This is one of the deepest divisions in MMA, but Poirier is rocketing up the rankings with these performances. His last two wins, against Joseph Duffy and Bobby Green, have been phenomenal.
Next: UFC Fight Night on Sept. 17, vs. Michael Johnson