'209 vs. Ireland' - UFC 202 Thread (Diaz/McGregor II, Glover/Rumble, Cerrone/Story)

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LinusCaldwell

From The Eastside with Love
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I think the second round really did Nate in on the judges but still he came back strong last minute and a half in the 2nd and 5th round. So idk

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think the second round really did Nate in on the judges but still he came back strong last minute and a half in the 2nd and 5th round. So idk
Conor controlled round 2 for 3 mins and had 2 knockdowns, Nates flurry doesn't negate that imo

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Knock downs don't give you any points tho @Brozay :manny: I think Conor was in "bigger" trouble at the end of the second
They don't give you an official pout but surely they are heavily factored into the decision of who won the round

I just rewatched the round again and Nates flurry was only the last 90 second or so, up until that point Conor controlled the round. It is what it is

Ikwa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
"He gotta come down to 155" :mjlol:
Connor don't want no part of War Diaz no more :francis:
"Come down bro, I went up in weight twice. It's your turn" :mjcry:
Great fight all around. Connor fought smart but :salute: to War Diaz, that boy always up for a brawl :banderas:

pez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
This is my thought on the knockdowns, and why I gave Nate the second round even on a rewatch (it's a pretty even round overall). Conor got the knockdowns, but he didn't advance into any type of advantageous position after the knockdown (in fact, Nate's stagger did more for that purpose than Conor's two knockdowns). If we're going to criticize wrestlers for LNP strategies, why should knockdowns be treated differently? It's not boxing, there is a ground element to the game.

Not a fan of Diaz giving excuses for the loss, though. If you think you won, just say so. Don't try to justify the loss.

I hear that. It's kind of hard to gauge. Everyone's watching but not everyone can see it but Nate had Conor in more trouble than Conor had Nate but Conor had knockdowns so as a judge, you probably have to give the round to Conor. But in Street Fighter terms Conor hit Nate with 2 fierce shots and Nate's jabs took off more life meter.

In Pride rules where you judge who won overall as one single fight, then it's Nate. 10 point must system, I can see Conor winning rounds. He had 2 rounds for sure. 1 round was Nate and 2 rounds could've gone either way. Once again, by judging on knockdowns, takedowns.

OfTheCross

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
30's pounds heavier and still lost. No excuses.

Nate is not 30 pounds heavier. He probably came into the fight at 180 pounds, while Conor was 168 pounds. So around a 12 pound difference between the two.

This was asked post-fight.

Nate came in at about 175 - 177lbs

Given that he's 6' and Conor is 5'9" the difference is none really.

Maschine_Man

Banned
Supporter
Daps
wait, I can't believe ppl watched that fight and think that Diaz won. I watched the fight agtain and when Joe said that takedown at the last 10 seconds of the fitfth round was significant I almost spit out my drink laughing.

Connor won that fight, anyone thinking he didn't is clearly not be objective.