'209 vs. Ireland' - UFC 202 Thread (Diaz/McGregor II, Glover/Rumble, Cerrone/Story)

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DaveyDave

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Australia
"He gotta come down to 155" :mjlol:
Connor don't want no part of War Diaz no more :francis:
"Come down bro, I went up in weight twice. It's your turn" :mjcry:
Great fight all around. Connor fought smart but :salute: to War Diaz, that boy always up for a brawl :banderas:

what's the problem with Nate going down to 155? he's been a LW the majority of his career

The Infamous

Superstar
Daps
Dana White tells TMZ Sports he wants Conor to defend his title against interim champJose Aldo. Dana says, "The war was fun and super successful but I'm movin' on." Here's the rub -- Conor beefed up for his fight against the much larger Diaz. Conor normally fights at 145 and swelled to 168 to fight Diaz.

Dana says Conor has two options -- either fight Aldo or surrender his title to him -- or cut weight to 155 and fight Eddie Alvarez for the lightweight title.

UFC Prez Dana White -- Nixes McGregor & Diaz Trilogy ... 'I'm Movin' On'

pez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
Conor does not deserve a lw title shot when you got ferguson on an 8 fight win streak against sharks and khabib undefeated. If dana didnt give woodley what he wanted, aint no way conor should get that title shot. That be catering to Conor way to much
Yea, but Alvarez is asking for the Conor fight. It's the money fight. Conor's more beatable than Khabib and Ferguson. I don't blame Eddie for that. So what do you do if you're Dana? Conor wants the title. Eddie has the title and wants Conor. But there's Khabib and Ferguson that "deserve" it more. But neither one would move numbers on PPV. I think put Conor and Eddie together on a PPV, Khabib vs Ferguson as co-main. Conor defends 145 after that fight regardless of the result of Eddie fight.

FrankyFourFingers

Raised in Ruins
Daps
Reppin
CA
Yea, but Alvarez is asking for the Conor fight. It's the money fight. Conor's more beatable than Khabib and Ferguson. I don't blame Eddie for that. So what do you do if you're Dana? Conor wants the title. Eddie has the title and wants Conor. But there's Khabib and Ferguson that "deserve" it more. But neither one would move numbers on PPV. I think put Conor and Eddie together on a PPV, Khabib vs Ferguson as co-main. Conor defends 145 after that fight regardless of the result of Eddie fight.
Yeah there is just a difference of wheter its fair and what is best for business. No doubt conor eddie would do way more buys, but im just not a fan of the catering even the lw bout with rda was a bit premature but i didnt have an issue with it cause he was on a roll. But probably shouldnt give him the shot off of a one fight win streak when the outcome of that win was very close and could of gone either way. I think thats what they are going to do tho, cause ferg is fighting rda, which is unreal but ferg seems to like workin his way up one by one, and from what ive heard khabib barboza is in the works

Im just not a fan of it goin to conor. Nick diaz is forsure the biggest draw at WW but they straight up shot down that idea of woodley and are talkin wonderboy when he aint the biggest draw either.

I think conor should defend that belt or get it stripped. Im interested to see that second fight, edge still goes to conor but id like to see aldo composed and that could sell more than the eddie fight.

With nate its a little tricky. Maybe a rematch with cerrone since hes only lookin for big fights and that would be the one that sells most

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So Aldo gets his rematch, I'm actually surprised

Diaz mcgregor III

Makes more money

LinusCaldwell

From The Eastside with Love
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Yeah there is just a difference of wheter its fair and what is best for business. No doubt conor eddie would do way more buys, but im just not a fan of the catering even the lw bout with rda was a bit premature but i didnt have an issue with it cause he was on a roll. But probably shouldnt give him the shot off of a one fight win streak when the outcome of that win was very close and could of gone either way. I think thats what they are going to do tho, cause ferg is fighting rda, which is unreal but ferg seems to like workin his way up one by one, and from what ive heard khabib barboza is in the works

Im just not a fan of it goin to conor. Nick diaz is forsure the biggest draw at WW but they straight up shot down that idea of woodley and are talkin wonderboy when he aint the biggest draw either.

I think conor should defend that belt or get it stripped. Im interested to see that second fight, edge still goes to conor but id like to see aldo composed and that could sell more than the eddie fight.

With nate its a little tricky. Maybe a rematch with cerrone since hes only lookin for big fights and that would be the one that sells most
Nate isn't fighting anyone unless it's Conor nikka made at least 2 mill for this fight no other fighter is giving him close to that kinda money for a fight unless it's GSP. That fight isn't happening either. I like Eddie vs Conor but I still think Conor needs to see Aldo first

FrankyFourFingers

Raised in Ruins
Daps
Reppin
CA
Nate isn't fighting anyone unless it's Conor nikka made at least 2 mill for this fight no other fighter is giving him close to that kinda money for a fight unless it's GSP. That fight isn't happening either. I like Eddie vs Conor but I still think Conor needs to see Aldo first
I agree nate wants that conor rubber match money but he said if soome one presents thenself and makes sone noise and the check is right, hes up for it. I could see him making at least 500k from here on out. Dudes the second biggest name in the ufc right now outside of conor to the casual fan. Will it be a ppv is the question? And the buys will fall significantly but i can see him cashing in 500k or even seven fighres a fight from here on out even without conor. Dude gained like 500k more gram followers last night
Cerrone would make the most sense outside of that trilogy and dana is adamant on moving on for conor. Nate could just sit out an wait, but he did say if the check is right. im always down for nate conor tho

You know ill be watchin conor alvarez, im just not a fan of the catering. Dude dosent deserve that shot when you got ferg and khabib there. Only speaking from what hes done inside the octagon

How you see conor aldo 2

Maschine_Man

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Conor gave a million reasons why he lost to Nate the first time and why he would win the rematch...

Nate was kind enough to give him the immediate rematch.

Conor should grant Jose that same respect
LOL, Nate was kind enough?

He was getting PAID...ain't no one doing anything to be nice