26 years ago, John Singleton blessed us with Boyz N the Hood

lowkey0z

Veteran
Daps

:wow::wow::wow:

then fif went ahead and dropped a hard ass track sampling that pull up scene.."what up punk? what up fool?.....mark"

giphy.gif

m0rninggl0ry

All Star
Daps
Carry on. :ehh:

Thank you! I like how everyone on the set was NEW & FRESH and filmed in the hood! Word on the street, during the drive by revenge scene

Doughboy was suppose to do it at the Jungles. If you are NOT familiar with the jungles, here you go....

Bone( real OG) the man Suge tried to kill and you remember him from Training Day told John that if they do this scene in the jungles, the bloods will shoot everyone on set

They switched locations and did it at the burger joint

Travellin' Man

Veteran
Daps
Thank you! I like how everyone on the set was NEW & FRESH and filmed in the hood! Word on the street, during the drive by revenge scene

Doughboy was suppose to do it at the Jungles. If you are NOT familiar with the jungles, here you go....

Bone( real OG) the man Suge tried to kill and you remember him from Training Day told John that if they do this scene in the jungles, the bloods will shoot everyone on set

They switched locations and did it at the burger joint

Yeah, John did a great job w/ the movie all in all.

Never knew about the original location of that scene in the Jungles.

m0rninggl0ry

All Star
Daps
Great movie.

I was relatively "late" seeing it. I saw it 94-95.

We had a plethora of good hood movies. Don't know why we don't have that anymore. Nothing really speaks to the truth of growing up in the inner city. When now I would think it's just as relevant and inspiring as this was for the time.

You're right. There was New Jack City, Boyz N The Hood, Menace... but I wanna see a movie in Chicago like a Yummy Sandifer movie, His story is fukked up and sad as shyt

Rhapture

♊Dogset Emperor and Sociopathic Socialite ♊
Supporter
Daps
This part gets me as well...

Yeah it's almost like he never had a fighting chance. His mama was mean as fukk, his lil brother kept giving nikkas the football even after he told him not to, lil brother get shot and mean ass mama blame him.....he was more interesting than Trey.

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
idk why yall are in here saying menace is better. that movie hasnt aged well at all, and it mostly just gratuitous cursing and the acting isnt even close to BITH.

I always thought Boyz was a better movie, but watching menace growing up was more relatable.

Last edited: